Sign in to follow this  
LinkinForcer

PATCH ERROR

Ok I download the renegade patch from this site and it comes up saying that there is a patch error. Is there a problem with the patch cause i reinstalled the game like 3 times trying toget the patch to work and itstill doesn't. Anyone that canhelp me please post.

OK I just reistalled Renegade brand new into my computer. Note: I have played the game for a while before I went to patch it and it played fine, kinda glitchy here and there but still played fine. OK the message error is this:

Patch Error. Existing game files may have been modified. You should re-install the game from the cd.

Invalid Patch File 'C:Documents and SettingsMy NameDescktopPatchesCommand and ConquerRenegade_1037_English.exe'

Thats what it says but I have totally uninstalled the game and even deleted the folder from my sytem in which it was stored. Then Installed it freash again and after installing it trying to patch it and the same message comes up.

System Specs:

Operating System:

Windows XP

Processor Speed:

1597 Mhz

Total Physical Memory:

256.00 MB

Total Virtual Memory:

2.00 GB

Video card:

VisonTek XTASY 9550

Sound:

Realtek AC'97 Audio

I hope this helps ya'll help me figuer out why this patch isn't working for me. Remember I got the same message even after unistalling and totally deleting Renegade from my computer and then Installing it brand new back into my computer.

I'm having th esame problem with the patch.

What directory does the patch need to be in? Renegade or RenegadeData?

I don't much see how the specs (aside from my OS) would effect the patch installation but here they are anyhow.

Win XP SP1 (soon to be SP2)

P4-M 1.7Ghz

512 RAM

16Mb nVidia GeForce2 Go 100

I have also reinstalled the game numerous times on both of my partitions and received the same error.

Please help!

Just download Renegade_1037_English.exe to your desktop and run it from there. The patch installer will do the rest.

Same error:

"Path error. Existing game files may have been modified. You should reinstall the game from the cd."

I just uninstalled the game, deleted any registry value left for it and Reinstalled it. I'm still getting this error.

For the patch, make sure you download the correct language version, installing the English patch over a German version of the game is not good.'

Einstein8262, the error your getting is because you don't have the correct CD in your CD drive. I start Renegade via my desktop shortcut with "Disc2-Data Disc" in my drive.

sonic that screenshot was made when i have disc2-data disc in my cd-rom

i have english patch over english game

what should i do

Try using the auto update feature instead. I've had that problem, but Auto-update seems to fix things.. If not are you sure you have a retail version of the game and it is not an illegal copy?

As for the Screenshot, don't load the game from the auto-start. This is always common if you have more than a single drive. Always use the desktop icon.

Renegade is tricky sometimes too. When you launch the game from the autorun, it says you need the game-disk to run the game but it won't run. So you have to use the "data-disk" and run it from the desktop shortcut. ;)

then do you install Renguard or have a cracked game.exe file such as no-cd crack?

You install any no-cd patch BEFORE installing Renguard.