Sign in to follow this  
Masked Shah

How to CHANGE Music on GENERALS!!!!

*Sneak attack opens ground up, and Masked Shah tumbles out*

Here's something to lessen the suckyness of Generals...

Custom music...

Follow the steps to the "T" I made it very very simple...

THE STEPS:

-Enter the folder C:Program FilesEA GamesCommand & Conquer Generals Zero HourData

if you only have GENERALS with no expansion added...

go to C:Program FilesEA GamesCommand & Conquer GeneralsData

-Make a new folder inside Data folder label it "audio"

-Inside Audio file make another new folder named "Tracks"

-Place MP3 tracks you would like to enjoy while playing game into Tracks folder (Only MP3s work)

-Rename the MP3s into army track name

EXAMPLE:

USA_01

GLA_01

CHI_01

All these are the names for the first track of each army...

-Each track go up to 11 music tracks for each army

USA_01 = first track for USA

USA_11 = 11th track for USA

-Failure or Victory Music

Mission Victory music:

END_USA

END_GLA

END_CHI

Doing bad or Failure music

END_USAf

END_GLAf

END_CHIf

There... Now you have the power to change sound track thanks to your violent neighborhood Masked Shah...

Recommended Music to play to:

Marilyn Manson- Fight Song

Powerman 5000- Drop the Bomb Shell

NIN- Terrible Lie

Union Underground- Education in Rebellion

Skinny Puppy- Greater Evil

Union Underground- South Texas Deathride

NIN- Pretty Peace of Flesh

Marilyn Manson- Ka Boom Ka Boom (Great for China!)

*See American planes and dives back into hole*

Fight on the ground like men!!!

A nice one Msked Shah

But, it's not enough. The musics playing time are scripted in the SkirmishScript.scp. EA has set up the playing time for every tracks. You will need to modify the srcipt too if you want to change the ZH musics.

First, extract the SkirmishScript.scp from the .big file and extract it to the "Script" folder located in your zero hour directore + data/. Then Open the world builder and open any map. Open the SkirmishScript as soon as the map was loaded via the "script" button. And then, go to the Neutral folder and edit the music tracks for every factions (GLA, China, America). You should remember which tracks you have replaced with your own music. Remember the file name and open the script with the same name. Go to music lenght script and edit it. Change the value with your new music's play length (convert it to seconds first and add 10-30 seconds to it's value because EA gave every original music tracks a delay of 10-30 seconds for the tracks)

After you have edited the scripts, save the script to "/Data/Script/"

That's all. If you do it right, changing the musics won't create any sound crashing/error.

can something similar be done for TS/FS and/or RA2/YR ???

RA2 and Ts use different kind of method in musics. I'm no good in modding them, you should ask fenring about this.

*Reads the comment outside his sneak attack hole*

A nice one Msked Shah

But, it's not enough. The musics playing time are scripted in the SkirmishScript.scp. EA has set up the playing time for every tracks. You will need to modify the srcipt too if you want to change the ZH musics.

First, extract the SkirmishScript.scp from the .big file and extract it to the "Script" folder located in your zero hour directore + data/. Then Open the world builder and open any map. Open the SkirmishScript as soon as the map was loaded via the "script" button. And then, go to the Neutral folder and edit the music tracks for every factions (GLA, China, America). You should remember which tracks you have replaced with your own music. Remember the file name and open the script with the same name. Go to music lenght script and edit it. Change the value with your new music's play length (convert it to seconds first and add 10-30 seconds to it's value because EA gave every original music tracks a delay of 10-30 seconds for the tracks)

After you have edited the scripts, save the script to "/Data/Script/"

That's all. If you do it right, changing the musics won't create any sound crashing/error.

Nope, I did this alone... and it worked....

Try it... if it doesn't work... then I don't know bro...

and I bought the game expansion two months ago...

I'll look into the script some more... thanks...

can something similar be done for TS/FS and/or RA2/YR ???

I looked for it... scripting for it is a major pain in the "Dirka"

Totally different...

Don't know... and I love Yuri's Revenge too...

*Snipes a tank driver and jumps in*

For pre-generals adding music is bit of a pain, you have to convert the format, then import and all sorts :?

*Head pops out tank*

Oh I know why it's difficult for some of you!!

I have an American version of the game, so all I had to do is just add music...

I swear that's all I had to do... and it worked...

*Booby traps tank and runs out to hide*

Who said your way isn't working. What I said is your way to modify the musics is not complete, the scripting part should be done too in order to create a well music environment in ZH.

*Becomes enraged, and starts to beat a picture of Homer Simpson with his shoe*

Bakkalakkalakka!!! Dirka Dirka Dirka!!!!

How dare you!!! Just for that!!!

I will steal your music script...

can you post one???

would help... thanks

*Goes back to beating picture with shoe...*

lo, yeah it looks like

ANyway Shah, the script depens on what music you used. I used different kind of music with different playing time.

C'mon guys, don't tell me you don't know how to do this. It's very simple. If you have (at least) 512 MB ram or more, then just run a mp3 player in the background and turn off the music or lower it's volume to zero. It's that easy, & it works for any game.

I know it but, ohh....such ancient way to modify musics, it's too lame. I'm a modder, so I do it through modder's way :wink: [/i]

anyone got a generals big Decompiler? Generals moding is more confusing than anyother gave iv moded. There Realy arn't good Program for editing generals. Tibed 2 Lacks Power and its not to effective. Fire front Has no editing tools for Generals and i could go on. The modes way is the was to go, now if only the moders was was a bit more simple. Masked Shah is insane i will go and hide in one of my many Insta charge Tunnel network/Sneek attack.

How do people find this stuff out? Ask EA?

*Runs out of EA headquarters*

EA doesnt tell people anything they dont already wish they didnt know

these peoplea are smart sort of, and for the most part figure it out them selves

*EA headquarters explodes, jumps into passing Hum-Vee and takes off*

*Read comment while strolling through a field of Scud Storms*

I DEMANDED TO KNOW...

I even took interns hostages...

They laughed at me and thanked me...

Dirty Dika-heads...

EA doesnt tell people anything they dont already wish they didnt know

these peoplea are smart sort of, and for the most part figure it out them selves

Yes... smart...

*In background Chinese hackers are giving thumbs up and eating a banquet.*

anyone got a generals big Decompiler? Generals moding is more confusing than anyother gave iv moded. There Realy arn't good Program for editing generals. Tibed 2 Lacks Power and its not to effective. Fire front Has no editing tools for Generals and i could go on. The modes way is the was to go, now if only the moders was was a bit more simple. Masked Shah is insane i will go and hide in one of my many Insta charge Tunnel network/Sneek attack.

Your creativity, dedication, and intelligence is being tested when you're modding games. You will need to make new things with limited power. Don't count on applications too much. Manual editing, even though looks simple is the best. You will find new things more than using modding applications. If all you do when modding is using templates, then you won't progress much. Even TibEd users still use notepad to mod things, like Thierry.

And gunner the gunner, don't blame TIbEd 2 for the lack of power, it's quite powerfull. It's just you don't know how to use it. Thierry, my ex-boss can use it to create new things. My guess is, no offense man, but you aren't good enough to mod ZH. You must be patience in modding, and you must have great dedication, then you can become a great modder if you have those.

If you want to know, they find it out by experiments, countless and tireless experiments. Not by asking EA or stealing someone codes.

I DEMANDED TO KNOW...

Maybe I can help you. What do you want to know?

I DEMANDED TO KNOW...

Maybe I can help you. What do you want to know?

What the middle of an Oreo is made of...

You didn't read my comments right... did ya... did ya...

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH....

I'm sure he'll find hell down one of these holes he keeps jumping into.

*phones in for a bunker buster bomb*

Anyway, I now feel old for just running my many gigs of music in media player in the background while blowing up numerous GLA tunnel networks.

*grins widely as the GLA tunnel networks get cleared by the bombs*

*raises eyebrow at inferior bunker busting tactics*

or you could just change the music like Shah tells us how to do in another topic. I havent got a good mix of songs that I would play in Generals. I've got a few, but not enough.

Hopefully, all future RTS games will have a built in editing tool, like BF2

*shakes head and calles for orbital bombardment from Impstar 3's*

I like games where I can play my music list - I played the blitzkrieg mod before with Pink floyd playing on my media player in the background - it was very mellow and very relaxing...despite the fascist hordes trying to break my defenses.

The sims allows you to play whatever music you want durring gameplay. I liked that.

Jacobs ladder (Rush) or Sway (Lost Prophets) are some good ones to play in the background.

Another one that allowed you to do that was GTA - it was ace playing something like Iron maien as you drove over things in a tank

GTA ?? :?

not ringing a bell..... :hmm:

woot! 2222