Sign in to follow this  
Cygnus X-1

New Orleans

its terrible down there.

Rioting all over the place, flooding, people lighting fires, massive killings adn rapes, low supplys. Peolple shooting at medevac choppers adn military supply convoys. Its hell out there. Just today at about 11:30 AM US Central time a group of army enginerrs who were retriveing construction equipment were attacked by men with pistols and shot guns. National Guard troops echanged fire with the men, killing at least 1 and injuring several others.

I need to know, what are other (foriegn) nations reportsing about the damage ? What are otehr nations doing or planing on doing ot help out ?

I found out this night that some of the riots today were just down the street from my aunt and uncles homes. The reports said that their entire neighborhood was plagued with rioters today adn in the afternoon, more than half the homes in the area were eithero n fire or burned down already.

Its insanely stupid out there. Downtown New Orleans is under up to 14 feet of water in some areas, and buildings are burning and colapsing.

Most of hte rioting is caused by all the drug addicts who now cant get their daily dosages of whatever. Tehy are beyond reasoning. Just yesterday, and twice more today, Morphine addicts attacked medical evac personal and choppers claiming that they have just as much need for the drugs as otehr patients.

I need to knwo what outside media is reporting, and what other nations are doing or planning ot do to help. All you non-US people of CNCNZ, well, nows your chance for a cookie. Tell me whats going on out there.

TV3 is just re-hasing the same stuff as Yankee news agencies.. Nothing much really independent.

Though it does look pretty bad over there... Its interesting that the US doesn't seem to be doing much to help... Well it looks like it from my end.. Seems pretty poor really considering the US's power and so on.

Some idiots are actually shooting at the US Military who are trying to help...

[EDIT] I heard 17,000 soldiers are headed down there.

& here is a before & after pic of the Super Dome:

050901_digitalglobe-dome_hmed_11a%20copy.standard.jpg

[EDIT]

This might be old but...new orders from abouve - Shoot to Kill.

100 MPs? have been sent in place of police who quit due to the hazardous conditions :roll:

Prepare yourselves people. This is the beginning of the NOD.

That or the end of the world.

lol.. I think you're getting a long way ahead of yourself there. ;)

We discussed this in school yesterday.

The people of the world feel genuinely sorry for the people affected, but AFAIK there is absolutely no plan to send aid over to the US. Why should other nations send aid to the richest country in the world?

Scientists are also getting ready to say "I told you so". America's descision to not sign the Kiyoto (sp?) treaty and continue polluting has finally lead to some effects being felt by the polluters themselves.

Perhaps the increasing extreme weather will continue to affect America and maybe someone in the governement will realise that it's their pollution that's causing it?

Why would the rest of the world help America.. Washington can save NO easily.. the only problem is that they where to lazy to prapare for such a catastrophy. Still you dont need money from us.. its only a small area damaged, nothing that you cant do yourself. Then again.. the richest country in the world often seems unorganised to save its own people.. Its a complete anarchy down there. i dont think views on Bush will get any better if they dont do something fast. Would be irronic though if Europe was forced to help the US out of this.. I feel awfully sorry for the people in New Orleans, but I beleave that its the responsibility of their governament and that the outern world should only help if the own governament isnt able to doit themselves (so I agree on help in Africa or with Tsunami's in Asia.. but helping the richest country in the world is something I find stupid)

Local news agencies were very critical about the handling of the situation:

- no 10,000 soldiers on the scene yet (they actually have to activate veterans and 'off-line' soldiers to go, since all other troops are scattered around the world), while CNN was still broadcasting interviews with the president

- hospital ship was 7 days away when dispatched

- we are sending our strategic petrol supplies onto the market to reduce petrol shortage

It's terrible... but a quote I remember is "with the tsunami at least you got the feeling everyone was working to make it better, that there was some coordination. In New Orleans it's just chaos, no coordination amongst efforts at all"

A flood of New Orleans was predicted as the third most likely catestrophie to strike the US a few years back, and yet the US administration decided to spend the money for re-inforcing the New Orleans flood defences on finger-printing and photographing all the visitors to the US.

A flood of New Orleans was predicted as the third most likely catestrophie to strike the US a few years back, and yet the US administration decided to spend the money for re-inforcing the New Orleans flood defences on finger-printing and photographing all the visitors to the US.

Witch doesnt help anyway since most terrorists have a passport of the country they attack. Terrorism seems to work.. the US governament became so freightened that they might acually forget to protect their people from other kinds of disasters, spending all the money they have on weapons. If America doesnt watch out they could be in big trouble within 30 years, which isnt good for the world.. unless the rest is all friends with China offcource.

Time to kick all your foriegn asses back in line...

Whoever said the US military wasnt helping is a fukingbastard

The military is all over the place down there, theres soo much debris and stuff that its nearly impossible to get transports down there.

Who ever said the US is still poluting and now faces the consequences..you are a futhermuking bitch. Al lthe polutnats in the water are from destroyed stuff. Cars, natural gas leaks, busted gas stations, chemicals from stores and businesses...its not from the US polluting. And you should take, seeing as how you are from the UK...Look at london. Yo uwalk one block, and your white socks are now black....

So now you people are bashing hte US for not preparing New Orleans, yet no one said anything about people building cities near fault lines in the Pacific....

America doesnt spend all our money on weapons you useless retard....we spend it on helping other nations in times of need.

Oil prices are wwaaayy up becasue of 85% of the refineries in the Gulf being shut down becasue of the Hurricane.

The US military IS NOT calling retirees and veterans to go down adn help, there are plenty of active service troops in the US.

So much for forieng "allies"...

:tired:

RA1 Spy: Indeed

We spend sh*tloads of money on helping other countries when they are struck by disasters & what do we get when we are hit by disasters? We get sh*t on.

But how can we know that? I mean, our media just say that...

Right now the situation is under control, but there were some hiccups in the first days. And you can say "so much for foreign countries", but what do you want us to send? There is no equipment in the world the USA does not have, and getting it from the US itself should have been faster. If they ask for something, we can give it. But since they don't, we're sticking to putting out our oil reserves.

The problem is that the governament never had a good plan on what would happen if the benches would breach. There just never was a plan, nothing seems organised. Koen is right, how can we possibly help a country that could get stuff twice as fast if they just did it theirselves. The most painfull effect of this disaster is that America shows itsself in a bad light to foreign countries, and in fact also citizens of the States. Its suddenly awfully clear how many people dont have enough money and how chaotic your governamental structure is, being not able to help fast enough. We from Europe cant do anything you cant do yourselves. I just hope for Bush that he gets it under controll soon enough.. in fact.. one terroristic attack in a northern state and the whole USA might ust collapse in chaos.. but lets hope that will not happen.

Makes me all the more glad that I'm not an american... :wink:

My sympathy to the people in New Orleans.

Time to kick all your foriegn asses back in line...

Whoever said the US military wasnt helping is a fukingbastard

The military is all over the place down there, theres soo much debris and stuff that its nearly impossible to get transports down there.

Who ever said the US is still poluting and now faces the consequences..you are a futhermuking bitch. Al lthe polutnats in the water are from destroyed stuff. Cars, natural gas leaks, busted gas stations, chemicals from stores and businesses...its not from the US polluting. And you should take, seeing as how you are from the UK...Look at london. Yo uwalk one block, and your white socks are now black....

So now you people are bashing hte US for not preparing New Orleans, yet no one said anything about people building cities near fault lines in the Pacific....

America doesnt spend all our money on weapons you useless retard....we spend it on helping other nations in times of need.

Oil prices are wwaaayy up becasue of 85% of the refineries in the Gulf being shut down becasue of the Hurricane.

The US military IS NOT calling retirees and veterans to go down adn help, there are plenty of active service troops in the US.

So much for forieng "allies"...

Dude...no need to get hotheaded. :wink:

Guest Rabbit

Well, yeah... it is... I wouldn't be surprized if the army there started attacking the news reporters as well...

The situations is not under control it is still very chaotic down there & there are still people on their rooftops & without food & water & bodies in the street. The waters are disease-ridden, there is garbage everywhere.

Despite the fact that there were multiple simulations of the disaster that would occur if New Orleans was hit, there was indeed no plan of action.

Guest Rabbit

We do indeed need to learn how to prepare for these kinds of things... those idiots who decided to stay in new orleans, thinking they could ride it out... look where they are now...

No one takes action until something happens & people die. There was a flaw with a structural component in an aircraft (dunno which one but it was a passenger plane) that the aviation industry KNEW about but they did nothing until 2 planes crashed because of it.

One 9/11 isn't enough for the administration to understand. I just recently watched a special on it & one of the expert agrees that it will take another 9/11 before the government really gets serious.

Not to sound mean but America did need a good ****ing wake up call. I don't think 9/11 was enough.

is this gona be your attitude towards every catastophic ossurence on our little planet ??

@ Acerz-I apologize. But yes, I do get very annoyed when wee stick our necks out for everyone time and tiem again, and all otehr nations think is "they can help themselves anyways"

Not to sound mean but America did need a good ****ing wake up call. I don't think 9/11 was enough.

I'm just waiting for the scientists to say, "We told you so". :wink: And you're absolutely right. America may be the most powerful nation on Earth but they're piss-poor against Mother Nature. :roll:

is this gona be your attitude towards every catastophic ossurence on our little planet ??

Is the Pope Catholic? :wink:

@ Acerz-I apologize. But yes, I do get very annoyed when wee stick our necks out for everyone time and tiem again, and all otehr nations think is "they can help themselves anyways"

It's understandable, but really unnecessary. The main reason other countries think that is mostly because when America helps, they help big-time, so it's generally understood that a country that can do what America can shouldn't have to ask for help from other nations. It's one of the cons of being a world superpower: You're expected to be able to take care of yourself when stuff like this happens.

Apology accepted, by the way. :D

Guest MadBadger

well im over the whole laffing at them thing and am just geting more pissed off at the fact Blairs done FLIPIN FLIP ALL. To all americans affected bomb 10 downing street and we will send all the aid we can..... cos brits wana send stuff but blairs fliped off to barbados on holiday and his deputys doin ship all :evil: so srry bout that..... wasnt my fault we gota crap goverment blaim all who voted lab and con..... i think the lib dems wulda sent aid.... im not sure...