Sign in to follow this  
shirmy42

My units wont move

hey, whenever i build a unit they just walk in place and i cant do anything. the only thing that does move is the nighthawk transports and rocketeers. do u think that i might have to many mods on my map... well i dont. all i have is all the stuff i can build at $0 and a few units added and the tech oil derreck produce cash startup thing at 999999999... to be cont.

lol i also added a couple units and thats it, i played other maps where they have WAY more stuff than that so i have no clue wuts wrong.

P.S. how do u make it so u start out with 2 mcv's like a soviet and allied the non-complicated way?

P.P.S. How do u make it so i get unlimited power on my map and unlimited cash on my map? well, i might have unlimited cash but i cant check cuz my engineer wont move.

PLZZZZZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Rabbit

PPPs, how do you make a noob map? Oh, sorry, we already answered that.

Ok, to answer your question, you shouldn't have that many 9's. I'm surprised it didn't crash the game. As for the MCV's, you'd have to make it to where you can play unholy alliance in non-multiplayer mode. That would confuse the computer though, and mess up the game, cause the computer would run out of money, and wouldn't build stuff right.

Before trying to get MORE onto your map (ie cash and power), fix those first.

Cost=0 is always a bad idea. Set to Cost=1 for better effect.

Don't put Speed= above 12 for walking-based graphics; eg infantry, Terror Drone, Titan (Tiberian Sun).

PS - Change the Owner= tag and disallow the other basic units to start in multiplayer. If you're not an idiot, this should come easy.

PPS - Not possible. There's no such thing as infinite power. You will always have a finite amount. Again, if you're not stupid, this should be easy to figure out as well.

Unholy Alliance has no effect on the AI. It will build its base as its provided faction and function as normal.

In TibSun I made a GDI power turbine worth around 5000 power so I had a way to power all my disruptor towers (a mod I got at this site)

I also saw a mod boasting a "Plutonium Power Plug" which went into a GDI uprgrade center and made A LOT of power.

Now, if these are done on Add-ons, then it should be just as easy, if not easier, for someone to do them to a structure. I'm not even good at modding, I just change mod scripts to my liking.

And RA2 is on the same engine, isn't it?

Piece of cake!

Should be easy! As if the Sovier Nuclear Reactor weren't good enough, just make a bigger, while still finite, power production. Doesn't even have to be a power plant. Hell, make your C-yard do power. 9000 power units should do well.

And, if memory serves, a Yuri MCV comes in a crate in YR multiplayer....

so team his ass up with your allied army!

Hmm... an initiate IFV... sounds fun. Wonder what a brute IFV would be?

Virus IFV.. ooh.

And... well, a yuri clone IFV would probably be like the Psi Corps Trooper IFV I made in one of the RA2 Soviet missions...

Hmm. Food for though.

how does that explain why my infantry, tanks, etc. wont move if its because my cost is $0 that might be why but ill try.

Reply again for more help if u have any...

P.S. thnx for the help with the power and mcv problem

I also am wondering why it takes like 30 min to finally save to the map. i have to like do save to map, save to map, save to map, then save the map on final alert 2, then all that stuff, etc. before it finally saves to the map and it takes forever plz help

Guest Rabbit

Don't use TibEd for that. Edit with Rules.ini and add it in that way.

wut do u mean dont use tibed. ru talking about going to final alert 2 and looking at the rules.ini... if so how do i get there. and wen ur there add the rules.ini from tibed. but how do i know which 1 is which :?:

Stop using TibEd altogether. Use WordPad, the XCC tools and the files themselves. You'll have much better, more controlled results.

wut does wordpad have to do wit tibed and changes? and wut r the XCC tools and wut files. i u can walk me through how to use the XCC tools and files to put the changes into my map :lol:

k i got all the XCC utility tools now wut do i do. all i see wen i open them is a blank white screen like final alert 2 before u load or create a map. i also clicked al the buttons and cant figure out how to use it so plzzzzz help me :x

Guest Rabbit

USE WORDPAD FOR RULES.INI.

USE FINALALERT for editing MAPS

USE YOUR BRAIN TO DO ALL OF THIS IN AN ORGANIZED WAY.

lol... when you get the XCC tools, search for the rulesmd.ini file in the mix files of the games.. to help you, try ra2md.mix/general/rulesmd.ini... i think this is it... i'm not too sure. it's something like that... use the find function

say i want a unit $1 do i just backspace the original cost to make it $1

and how do i save the changes to the map

Guest Rabbit

They are in your RA2 folder.

now i have a problem saving to my map.

im using wordpad (this is how i got there: opened up finalalert 2; then i went to "open" like open the open map button; then i RIGHT clicked on the map i wanted to open and went to "open with" and clicked wordpad) ok if ur reading this actually do the instructions how i got there and it opens the rules.ini or something??? I edited wut i want and tried to save it but wen i played it; it didnt have the mod on it. i did it before but cant remember how. but wen u actually do the steps above u HAVE to open a mod map so try it and save and help meeeeeeee!!!

Guest Rabbit

You don't open the map with a wordpad when you want to save an ini to the map.

Open your map with Final Alert 2.

Go to edit, and INI editing at the bottom (Make sure beginner mode in options is turned off)

Click "insert another ini file content"

Find your ini file.

Dude, never use FA2's crappy INI editor. Always use WordPad. FA2's editor sucks... a lot. Besides, map files are just text documents. There's nothing fancy about a map (MPR, YRM, MAP formats) file.

for the .ini editing um wut do u type in wen u go to options and then ini editing for unlimited cash. do u type in the UI name (CAOILD) - tech oil derreck. and then do cash produce at startup or somethin like that

you dont have to go through final alert to open in word pad

open explorer and go C:/westwood/ra2/.. or whateva u installed it as, then sellect the map you want

then right click and open with wordpad, no need to go through final alert

RE: oild derrick

[CAOILD]

ProduceCashStartup=99999

ProduceCashDelay=0.01

ProduceCashAmount=99999

Strength=99999