Sign in to follow this  
rEdaSbLood

Riddles

I am always there, even when you cannot see me, and I follow you where ever you go. You are smarter than me, stronger than me, and more durable than me, yet you can't outrun me or hide from me. What am I :?:

Yes, a shadow.

A man corners you in a tavern and points a gun at you. he says that if you tell him a lie, he will shoot you in the head. If you tell him the truth, he will shoot you in the chest. If you tell him something that is not the truth, and is not a lie, he will shoot you in the stomach.

What must you say to prevent him from shooting you?

Well, the way i wrote it, I guess you could. But I think that counts as neither truth nor lie, so you just got shot in the stomach.

But you're not talking at all, so it dosen't really count. :P If that's not it, then I'm stumped.

Okay. I'll give it to you, but someone should try to figure out the real answer. I might post it later. Anyone have a riddle for me?

Oh, and a hint to mine: If you have the game Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, buy the Yellow Book of Riddles at a book store. There is a riddle similar to mine in it.

The US flag is blue: its a truth and lie: it's part blue, but not all the way blue :wink: :P

Uh...no

uh...no

my computer just freaked out, sorry about the double post

hmm

You could tell him

"There is no bullet in that gun"

he looks to check, then BAM

yes I know thats not it....lemme think here...

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...."

Actually, He'll prob shoot you just ofr that, regardless of whether its truth or lie

Ten Minutes after Cygnus's death

An ICBM comes into view with the words "I told you so" on it

Criminal: ZOMG!!!!11 A missile!!!!!!!!!!!

Accomplice: I TOLD YOU not to shoot him!!!!!!!!!!!!

An explosion cuts their conversation short

See? you were right :P

Yes, a shadow.

A man corners you in a tavern and points a gun at you. he says that if you tell him a lie, he will shoot you in the head. If you tell him the truth, he will shoot you in the chest. If you tell him something that is not the truth, and is not a lie, he will shoot you in the stomach.

What must you say to prevent him from shooting you?

ask him if he would like a drink.... It isnt the truth, it isnt a lie, and you are asking, not telling... true, no?

geez, my riddle... still, no one knows......

OMG you got that......wrong. Theoretically, it's possible, but it's still not the original answer to the riddle. I'll give you a hint. The answer has to do with what the man tells you, it's not some random thing you can say.

Ahhhh...... even simpler! CALL 4 HELP!!!!!

edit:- or you could ASK him why he wants to shoot u....

Nice Try, but NO. THINK IT THROUGH WILL YOU. and how come nobody posts a riddle for me to solve? I'm bored

im all out of riddles...i made this topic...and im empty....lol.....not using google to find more...maybe later

Guest Rabbit

I believe the answer to your riddle is to not say anything.

I believe the answer to your riddle is to not say anything.
No it's not. I thought that too when i first saw it. I'll just give it to you guys.

You say "You will shoot me in the head" because he would only do that if it were a lie, but doing so would make it true. So it would be neither. However, if he shoots you in the stomach, you would have lied, so he should have shot you in the head. It's a paradox. If you don't understand paradoxes, then don't ask me because they're really hard to explain.

Guest Rabbit

Aha, I get it! Or... do I?

I thought it would be something like that....of course hindsight is always perfect

okay, uhhhhh, Here we are!

" im not like most of the feline breed, i always follow, i never lead..."

simple 'nuff

the previous riddles answer was A MOSQUITO

ok c'mon people, lets hear some more riddles.

I'm blue, yet I reflect all light waves. What am I ?

I made it up on the spot, and I have an answer, but lets see what you all can come up with. :wink: