Sign in to follow this  
Azrael

The Godfather Game: Too Violent?

Should I, or shouldn't I?  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes.
    • No.

I'm juz askin'... Cuz someone offered to buy this game for me... Do you guys think it's ok? I mean, if I would buy it alone in US, I wouldn't be able, so what's your opinion?

Games aren't violent. Period. ;)

No, what I mean is that do you think it will have a negative impact on me, considering it's rating, premise, and my age?

You can easiliy buy a game for 16+ or 18+, even when you're like... twelve or so. It's not like you're gonna kill people in RL, enless you're badger :P Just kiddin' :wink:

The control system on it is awful and it butchered a great film. I say No.

If you want some negative impact on your mind, then play F.E.A.R. in a dark room at night -- I recommend it.

No game is better than that, buy it instead of The Godfather :roll:, but it wouldn't hurt having them both :D

Ah, FEAR is truly an incredible experience...

Guest MadBadger
The control system on it is awful and it butchered a great film. I say No.

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

Godfather > GTA

GTA has a crap control system! Godfather PWNS!

GET THE GODFATHER

This game don't just beat GTA it gets a basball bat and brains it!

Lee..... you are..... in my Judgment.... not one to go on about how good anygame is.... Ive proved you can barley play ZH ;)

This game is easily the best game i have played in a while (GTA style game i mean ;) )

Put it this way...

You have the whole Lower Side of NYC from Midtown to brooklyn as well as most of Stauton Island and Devil Kitchen.

The Shooting system is EXELENT! Lock on and then pop off a head shot everytime.

(i would advise you to upgrade Health, Gun and Street Smart Skills first ;) )

Also upgrade the pistol to Max first (up grade all guns to silver before gold.... the extra ammo will help or you will spend too long running around with just 6 rounds :( The Gold Shotgun 'StreetSweeper' Is the best gun in the game btw ;) )

The whole thing with the shops and the 'dodgy' busness is great!

Always blow up safes when you see them, And the main bank in Midtown is the only one you should knock over ;) $50,000 aint too bad :P

You can get new clothes via the Edit button on the load menu ;) just make sure you got some cash!

Woot! Godfather is great and is perfect if you love the films!

There are so many refernces and cameos!

You are the fella who kills all the dons during the Baptism! IT PWNS!

I mean it this game can't get enough cred! My dad got it cos he like a huge GodFather nut...... and he loves it! He don't play alot of PC games but he can play this for like 8-9 hour straight :lol:

BUY OR STEAL THIS GAME!!! YOU MUST OWN IT!!!

And it aint too violent....

I love the Shotgun/Tommy gun exicutions when the men are on there knees :P

Oh and don't worry bout the whole age thing........ Its not realy violent.... no arms n legs get blown off ;)

-edit- oooh Dancing ladie looks good init V :P

So it has the MadBadger Seal of Approval... the final nail in the coffin :lol:

Guest MadBadger
So it has the MadBadger Seal of Approval... the final nail in the coffin :lol:

booo you put a frickin smilie.... meh, guess you aint read the other thread yet :P

Game Pwns! end of!

You play C&C and think that violence won't have a negative impact? :S

they also said that God of War (PS2) also a violent game...

why vote it for the Best Game of 2005??

p/s: killing never been this creative..

I think whatever you may have heard about the Godfather being too violent is in referrence to how Francis Ford Coppola hated how his finely crafted film had been basically turned into a shooter, how the building and maintaining of respect is basically to beat up shop owners until they pay protection. This is nothing in comparison to even the Command & Conquer games, where people are shot, blown up and burned alive, to say nothing of games that portray graphic violence and adult themes (criminal behaviour for example).

The Godfather is another crap title, avoid it. A few years ago a game called Maifia was released, thats 1000 times better.

F.E.A.R is very cool, one of the best games I've played. The action and fire fights are instense and the storyline is really creepy. Big thumbs up for F.E.A.R :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've got F.E.A.R.... So I really shouldn't buy The Godfather? Some say it's cool... I dunno... And also, muh dad warned me... :?

Rent it for the weekend. If you like it, buy it. If not, do the obvious.

I do that with titles I'm unsure about.

Er, my local games shop dosen't let you test the games they sell, only buy, and I cant buy online, muh dad won't let me use his credit card. That's why I need your opinions, guys.

Have you tried the rental stores? Playing it on one of the games systems? How about a demo? Is there a demo you can download and play?

There is a FEAR demo.

Linkage:

http://www.fileplanet.com/155812/150000/fi...ingle-Player%5D

It's a phenomenal game. Give it a try, but be wary... it's a graphics hog.

On my new system, it's running at an average of 65 fps with 4x AA and 16x AF at 1280x1024 :dance:

But hey, speaking of violence (title), this game is one of the craziest I've played. A shotgun blast to to the torso can vaporize your opponents, sending bloody chunks everywhere in a cloud of red. Arms can be blown off, heads popped off, and gore is a very basic result of any firefight. When the dust settles, you'll see heads and limbs littering the blood soaked ground and streams of red shooting from what remains of the bodies. You should see what grenades do! Holy cow. And all this is done with some of the most cutting edge graphics out there. That visceral realism, combined with the amazing AI (seriously, you won't believe it), make it a frightenly realistic experience.... and yes, VERY violent :wink:

Excuse me? Godafather, not F.E.A.R., I have that already... And, no, there isn't a rental shop here in Davao... In fact, the shop I went to is the ONLY shop selling legit games!