Sign in to follow this  
comander starlin

C&C's Most Useless Units!

I can tell. :P

I just saw the Technician Battle on youtube. I'm surprized they had NO effect. I didn't know they were THAT bad.

can you provide the link

Very nice Shah, except one thing

by default, water crates are money or full health crates (I belive)

Heres another question of mine.....how did crates go from crates to bix Hexagons in TS that were taller than Infantry?

Most useless for me... Heh, maybe you don't agree, but I don't get the point of Attack Dogs.

wh@t!!!! Attack dogs are amazing!! Why, for the price of two (count em, TWO) conscripts you can frolic around the map and when you encounter units you can either run away or get shot and die instantly! Come on dude, no one can beat attack dogs.

Good for picking off the odd engineer who's out in the woods taking a leak, and decent for a few missions (although if you cant control that tesla trooper who's head for your battle lab, just shoot him)

The thing I hate about the attack dogs in RA1 is that they just walk if no target is selected..

and in RA2, they don't speed up if there is a target..

but attack dogs are still useful.. especially against the "deranged" Volkov (remember in RA1 Aftermath.. or was it?).. the doggy needs only to attack Volkov once.. then.. he's dead.. lol :D:D .. and also against spies..

Most useless for me would be the light tanks.. they are too small that its hard for them to squash enemy infantry.. who are always evading the vehicle..

Technicians are also useless.. but hey.. i like them :wink: ..

not useless but the Tesla Coil and Tesla Tank in RA2 are both weaker than their predecessors.. right?.

RA1 RULES!!! and soviets own the allies..

My attack dogs (all 10 of them) attacking Volkov at once still failed because half the time thye still walk until their target is about 6 feet away. Of course Terminator Volkov's sniper rifle has a decidedly longer range than 6 feet, so bye bye poor little doggies. (I did eventually kill him with about 12 missile subs firing endlessly)

Speaking of missile subs, they were dead cool.

Useless unit? - I have yet to actually use robot tanks in any sort of combat aside from trying them out when I got YR about a million years ago.

I believe that there is no such thing as a "useless" unit, only units that are a pain in the rear to use effectively. Still, the one that came the closest to being a throw-away was the Mobile Stealth Generator from Firestorm...

Okay, so I have a watered-down Stealth Generator that I can only build one of, it only cloaks when deployed, it's completely unarmed, and the enemy is usually very trigger happy with their sensor sweeps and mobile arrays... I can see some uses for this unit, like covering a artillery division, but other then that it bites.

I have a building that is useless, the ra1 camo pillbox. The damn thing was 200 more than the normal pillbox, and you can ****ing see the thing anyway, especially on a snow map! :wtf:

Actually the cammo version of the pillbox had more armour and killed stuff quicker, and from time to time you couldn't see it. So tis not useless really.

It doesn't matter, the thing gets raped by v2 rockets and then what? :bang:

Its a firggin pillbox not a bloody fortress, of course two V2's are going to crush it... I mean its Allied junk... The entire side is useless..

Except for the small tank I love those little things. Especially in big groups. :nod: Awesome fun. :P

it's great against infantry units and light armored vehicles..

I don't understand this... Why is it in Renegade that a technician costs money when a engineer doesn't when CLEARLY an engineer is better then a technician in the original c&c??? :confused:

Guest Rabbit

Because, they wanted to mix things up a bit. If you remember, the engineer's only actual weapon in the original C&C was a shovel. So, truly, the technician, although it had a pathetic pistol, still had a pistol.

I believe that there is no such thing as a "useless" unit, only units that are a pain in the rear to use effectively. Still, the one that came the closest to being a throw-away was the Mobile Stealth Generator from Firestorm...

Okay, so I have a watered-down Stealth Generator that I can only build one of, it only cloaks when deployed, it's completely unarmed, and the enemy is usually very trigger happy with their sensor sweeps and mobile arrays... I can see some uses for this unit, like covering a artillery division, but other then that it bites.

you know you could build a lot more than just one.

Harvester covering anyone? then again, watching Tiberium "disapear" all by itself is a dead giveaway.

Speaking of useless units, mobil GAP generator was pathetic, as was the radar jammer, due to lack of range on both