Sign in to follow this  
comander starlin

C&C's Most Useless Units!

C&C's Most Useless Units!

this was created by HeXetic what you you guys think about this vid makes a good laugh but what other units should have been added to that list.

he is the like to the info page about the vid plus it has the link so you can download it.

http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=84328

The 1 unit in c&c that i absolutley never build is the light tank from ra1. the only time i can think of making them was when the tech level was that low. It had horrible attack and the sond it made when it fired a shell made me want to kick my speakers of my desk.

Speaking of ra1, yaks are pretty uselees. If u need to kill infantry, just use a hind. it is more accurate, carries more ammo, and has higher armor.

A very useless unit from renegade would be the shotgun trooper. The range is not nearly long enough, and it only really does damage in tight hallways, and there arent many of them in multiplayer maps. All of the other weapons in the game are more useful anyway.

My next one isnt really a unit, but pretty useless. The parabomb from ra1. It always missed and did little damage, half the time being shot down before they reach their targets.

Amen to all those. C&C has a pretty rich history of useless units. :haha:

Yes fully agreeable, i think an aspect should be mentioned the crates in Red Alert 1.

Why the heck do we need Sonar Detect, when you are on a pure landmass map? or a tank in the middle of the water?

lol we love C&C and it random useless stuff

A very useless unit from renegade would be the shotgun trooper. The range is not nearly long enough, and it only really does damage in tight hallways, and there arent many of them in multiplayer maps. All of the other weapons in the game are more useful anyway.

I don't use the Shotgun Trooper that much but I do find them useful if some engineers or techs rush your key structures early in the game.

another useless unit i hated with a passion

GLA: Suicide Bombers they were almost a waste of money.

but i fell the shotgun trooper has it place in renegade.

The shotgunner is number 1.. I can take advanced characters out with it. :)
it's awsome on servers like Renstation, where every character except hotwire has it (she has chaingun instead) :P

GLA: Suicide Bombers they were almost a waste of money.

You got to use them correctly...

Mix them in with the other units to draw fire, or in groups of 5 in technicals to make one final desperate move.... when technical is blown up....

Moving a terrorist to a bike makes a suicide biker... It then becomes fast moving terrorist that can climb mountains... I love bikes and terrorists...

I would say the MOST useless units are....

-Radar vans... no guns, no armor, no problem... cus they die, and a high profile target to disable radar.

-Technician... RA1 and C&C 1... they are there when your buildings blow up, and do nothing. They are not even engineers

-CIA Operative from Generals.... They are only in one mission they plant bombs, but not hidden... They stink.

Guest Rabbit

Sucks. Haven't seen the technician in TW. :(

NOD's repair tank...

Useless in the battlefield and often just stands in the way and you yell "get the F*** outta the way"

Guest Rabbit
NOD's repair tank...

Useless in the battlefield and often just stands in the way and you yell "get the F*** outta the way"

I gotta be honest with you, I can't tell you how many times I've always been in that situation. For whatever reason, the damn tank always moves to the FRONT of your battalion when you want it to move WITH it.

precisely!!

wish there was a way to make it just follow the batalion.

its the same with engeneers. sometimes you have a group of units with one engeneer in it, and you want all units to shoot their conyard or something,

then when the structure is almost destroyed.. the got damn engeneer storms in and takes over.

congratulations! you have wasted 500.- on a stupid engeneer that ruins your perfect ahnialation plan.. :angry: :bang:

Wow couldn't agree more after sitting on my ass for like 2-3 days playing the Nod campaign on TS. :|

NOD's repair tank...

You're saying the tank that repairs your tanks FOR FREE! Is useless? Yes because the service depot is soo much more useful... :| And you moaning about it moving around just means you're got more micromanagement skills. ;):P

HAHAHA This video is so ****ing funny! It makes perfect sense! Who is this hexetic guy? He's awesome!

I can tell. :P

I just saw the Technician Battle on youtube. I'm surprized they had NO effect. I didn't know they were THAT bad.

even better, they run around like maniacs when being shot at

unless the map is "The Hills Have Eyes" they are useless.

Minelayers are another useless unit, unless you like taking 3-4 hours to complete a mission and mining the crap out of the map.

The Theif and Spy in RA1 were rather useless, that money and time is better spend on Tanks or MiGs

but my fav crates, when you see someone racing someone else with a tank or something to try and get to the crate, then they get there and BOOM bye bye tank.

The Tesla tank in RA2 has too short of range to do much, unless its fuly ranked to elite status, but to do that it has to kill stuff, and its range is too short.

even better, they run around like maniacs when being shot at

unless the map is "The Hills Have Eyes" they are useless.

Minelayers are another useless unit, unless you like taking 3-4 hours to complete a mission and mining the crap out of the map.

The Theif and Spy in RA1 were rather useless, that money and time is better spend on Tanks or MiGs

but my fav crates, when you see someone racing someone else with a tank or something to try and get to the crate, then they get there and BOOM bye bye tank.

The Tesla tank in RA2 has too short of range to do much, unless its fuly ranked to elite status, but to do that it has to kill stuff, and its range is too short.

For a Mashed Shah themed sory ...

Somewhere in Europe

A heavy tank slowly beats it's path towards a crate sitting on a shoreline. Twice as far away, an Allied light tank speeds it's way towards the very same crate, remarkably from an Allied base miles away. If it gets the crate it will be a waste of an upgrade, being a small and weak unit ... the race drags on and the Soviet tank reaches the crate first ... but before taking the crate, goes past it and engages the light tanks. Soviet-made metal shells rip through the Allied tank. Another beautiful victory for the Soviets! The Heavy Tank speeds towards the crate.

Three chronotanks appear. One behind the Heavy Tank, one in front of it, between it and the crate. and one behind the crate. The Soviet tank stops dead, and the Chronotank behind the crate grabs the crate within a split second.

Unit firepower upgraded.

Two Chronotank rockets from that unit that recieved the crate, devastating to begin with, now catastrophic, free themselves from the Chronotank's metal grasps and release their firey death on the foolish Soviet tank. The three Chronotanks drive away unscathed, then dissapear simultaneously with blue flashes.

The moral of this story?

Teched up Allies ALWAYS get the crate.

In other news ...

A soviet submarine rushes towards a water crate. Victory is sure, for the Alliest have build large and slow cruisers. But suddenly, on this empty part of the map away from both bases and any units excepting a wandering Ore Truck, a Cruiser chronoshifts onto that crate and recieves it. Once more ...

Unit firepower upgraded.

The Cruiser, once a juggernaut of the seas, is now unstoppable. Alone it will destroy a base, with support it will rule the map in minutes.

The Allied commander smirks.

But seeing as cruisers are defenseless against subs, and slow to boot, the Soviet commander has the submarine, initially told to retrive the sub, destroy the godly cruiser in only seconds. A small but satisfying victory for the Soviets.