Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Your Gaming Shopping List

So whats your shopping list for games over the next few months, say between now and Christmas.....

Here's mine:

• NHL 07 (Xbox 360)

[*]Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Xbox 360)

[*]F.E.A.R. Extraction Point (PC)

[*]Empire at War - Forces of Corruption (PC)

[*]NBA Live 07 (XBox 360)

[*]Gears of War (XBox 360)

Splinter Cell Double Agent, looks pretty sweet so I'll get that too.

City Life - Next week

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 - End of the year.

Yeah, I don't really have a big list of games to get in the next few months.. ;)

Just the usual derogatory updated yearly releases for me.

• Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 (PSP)

[*] Need for Speed Carbon (PSP)

To be honest now. Until the 3 big RTS Heavyweights come along (C&C 3, Supreme Commander, World In Conflict) The money is staying in my pocket. I'll get the above games for Xmas since it's become tradition in my family for my wife to buy Smackdown, and my in laws to buy NFS. :P

I am personally pretty stoked about the FEAR expansion. If it's anything close to the brilliance of the orginal, you can bet that it will be VERY worth the price of admission :D.

Oh, and there is that one little game called C&C3 to look forward to :wink:.

• Company of Heroes (PC)

[*] Star Trek: Legacy (PC)

[*] FEAR: Extraction Point (PC)

[*] Flight Simulator X (PC)

[*] Defcon (PC)

[*] W40K: Dark Crusade (PC)

[*] Paraworld (PC)

[*] Neverwinter Nights 2 (PC)

Should make for some enjoyable months after my November exams.

im not sure if il get many. FIFA 07 and Forces of corruption will probably do until next year, at least until i get a new car and an xbox 360 for FIFA

This year :

W40K: Dark Crusade

NFS CARBON

maybe battlefield 2142

Next year :

CnC 3 :P

Supreme Commander

ALL PC

Hmm...

- FEAR: Extraction Point (PC)

- Test Drive Unlimited (PC)

Guess that's all.

Empire At War: Forces of Corruption.

Goldeneye 007.

Deus Ex.

Postal 2: Share the Pain.

Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend.

Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Ace Combat Zero.

MGS 2 and 3

World Of Warcraft the Burning Crusade (if it aint delayed yet again)

Suikoden V

Broken Sword The Angel of Death

Final Fantasy XII (again if it aint delayed)

Steambot Chronicles

Archlord (looks interesting)

an XBOX 360 (i know its not a game)

Enchanted Arms

Gears of War

Saints Row

N3 Nighty Nine Nights

Dead Rising

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (if it aint deyaled)

Battlefield 2142 (maybe)

Company of Heroes

The Guild 2

Atelier Iris 2 (even tho i aint completed the 1stxD)

i know its a lot i prob wont get half of emxD

none for me, until next year...then:

[*]Spore

[*]Command and Conquer 3

[*]Halo 2 pc

[*]Halo 3

:wink:

One that was only on the shopping list was "Perimeter". Those of you who have been around long enough will know I made such a big fuss over this game. Unfortunately this time last year during the UK release of the PSP, I must have accidentally traded it in.

Not realise I go into my collection of RTS games, and cannot find Perimeter for love nor money. I turn the house upside down to no avail. So yesterday I went and bought Perimeter from the Bargin Bin. All I can say is that I've missed this game. This is one RTS game I can quite honestly say it's an RTS right up their with C&C.

OK, that remained on my shopping list for the best part of 48 hours. Now I'm adding this: Perimeter: Emperor's Testiment (The Perimeter expansion pack of course)

:P

A sleeper title that 2 years ago took the RTS to a new level by redefining and expanding the way many concepts were used in the genre. PC Gamer gave it 90% and Game of The Month (June 2004) and PC Zone gave it an 88%.

Basically the game is created by Russian Developers KD_Lab & 1C... Now known in the Industry as KDV Labs. Anyhoot the game employs the use of standard terraforming, terrain damage and unit morphing seen in some RTS games, and executes them perfectly.

The game involves using nanobots to level out terrain so you can build and expand your bases, since you're only given a small flat surface to build on from the start. From there it's business as usual until you come to build up an army, or are attacked yourself.

If you are attacked, and in heavy numbers to which your base defenses cannot hold. You can divert all power (providing the base is set up correctly) to all power cores and the frame from which you operate, and create a giant inpenetrable perimeter sheild to prevent absolutely everything getting in. However dependant on the amount of energy you have stored, it will only last between 10-90 seconds.

The 2nd Innovation that worked well was the terraforming. Not only can the nanobots flatten the surface, but other units and weapons can alter the surface as well. From subterrainean units which quake the ground and allow large cracks to appear in the surface, to units that can force volcanic eruptions, it's all there.

Another innovation (and C&C 3 is using this Intellectual property which this game perfected) is morphing. basic units are devided up into soldiers, officers, and technicians. certain amounts and mixes of these units can create any of a sides 30 units, from sniper drones to aircraft. Popular tactics in this game involve morphing into aircraft to get over a large ocean, to then morphing those aircraft into rocket artillery to destroy defenses, before moving in underground and destroying the enemies builind surface and structures by emiting earthquakes. All that can be done with just 1 large squad of men to suit any combat scenario.

This game is somewhat more complex than just the above though, since there's strategical ways of taking over an entire base by just cutting off the chain of enemy power cores thus adding them to your own network. And there's plenty more besides including weapons from standard nukes, to strange alien technology... Cool stuff.... Linkage below to official site.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/perimeter

**N.B.** Jefferson, since you yourself live in the UK, I'd advise to go into any GAME store and pick it up. They'll either have it on the Codemasters Essentials packaging (advisable if ya want the original documents that came with the game) or it's on the "Sold Out" Series of budget games. Both of course can be picked up for just £5.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone, since this game is somewhat extremely well balanced. The AI on Hard can have you deadlocked almost indefinately. I've played a Skirmish game about a year ago on Hard, and spent 6 hours attempting to break through. For every weapon there's an equal and opposite anti weapon, (Anti sub-terrainean missile launchers lol) and hell will the AI build it all!! :P

Company of Heroes

Lego Star Wars II

Guild Wars Prophecies

Guild Wars Nightfall

BF 2142

Forces of Corruption

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Halo 2 PC

Spore

C&C 3

Guest Rabbit

I'm applying for a job at a local game store. Maybe I can get you guys some random gifts 8)

I wouldn't mind getting a copy of company of heroes Hypno :P