Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Company Of Heroes

Needs no introduction. Quite simply the best RTS ever created, it's finally a game which can proudly look at C&C, Starcraft, and any of the competition, and laugh in it's face.... Don't own it? Haven't played the demo?

Download the 1.8Gb (Yeah I ain't kidding ya!) single player demo at: http://www.companyofheroesgame.com/

Or if you prefer to save your bandwidth, which is worth using anyway. Go grab one of the many magazines which have this demo on, now! You'll be glad you did. Or forget that and just go buy it, you don't even need to try this game to like it!!!

All I can say now. C&C 3, Supreme Commander, World In Conflict. All 3 of the 2007 heavyweights have their work cut out to even get close tho this gem of a game :wink:

I preordered the collector's edition a few weeks ago :). Definitely an exceptional game from a very talented studio.

i thought it looked pretty good from the screen shots i saw in Games TM and Edge magazines

I'm sure the game is all good and all but these companies have to got to put an end to rehashing WW2 themed games over and over.

I don't know dude. It was a pretty compelling point in history....

It doesn't matter. Its been done to death. There are so many games based on or around WW2 it isn't even funny...

What we really need is a new decent conflict to make a video game about. :nod: Like oh I don't know a nice mini World War 3 would be nice. ;) Ya know? :P

Well luk3us, I think that wish is slowly coming true..... :scared:

i wanna see a decent WW1 game. The Africa and Palestine campaign would be good for a video game

I'd have to agree about this being a truly superior RTS. I bought it this past weekend having never heard of it before, and was blown away. I haven't been able to put it down.

I've only been doing campaign mode right now. Anyone have comments about the other game play modes?

--

GenKiller

i wanna see a decent WW1 game. The Africa and Palestine campaign would be good for a video game

Seriously, the first company to make a game based around WW1 with sounds, graphics, and gameplay will have a goldmine on their hands.

And I hope it'd try to educate people a little too, since WWI was VERY brutal war. Gas and what-not.

Also I didn't get the demo, I got the beta on a CD which came from PC Gamer magazine I had a bit and I forgot bout. I didn't wanna redownload so I just installed that, I did the training and great gameplay and graphics! Sounds are nefty too! Not very many good RTS WWII...

i cant be arsed to download the demo it'd take too long

Do it... Just do it at night... You won't regret it, trust me.

I'm glad I'm doing this a night...what a SLOW download time if you're not a member of any of the three site :shock:

Do it... Just do it at night... You won't regret it, trust me.

i turn my pc off at night otherwise it keeps me awake

then get new fans :P

Holy crap! 3GB of space for a DEMO?!?! :shock:

This better be good 8)

This better be good 8)

got new fans but they will prob be noisy anyways:P

well i downloaded the demo and every time i try to launch it my comp LAAAAAAAAGs and it doesn't open..i waited about 15 minutes maybe...and i can't stop the program because my task manager won't open after i try to open it

well i downloaded the demo and every time i try to launch it my comp LAAAAAAAAGs and it doesn't open..i waited about 15 minutes maybe...and i can't stop the program because my task manager won't open after i try to open it

Maybe your computer specs aren't good enough? :?

This better be good 8)

got new fans but they will prob be noisy anyways:P

I feel your pain dude...I can here my ps fan from upstairs :(

Anyways, I tried out COH, (just the first mission and one tutorial so far) and it's fun :nod:

Quite simply the best RTS ever created

lies lieslies

that bites...but wouldn't it load but just laggy?

BF2 didn't even load when you didn't have good enough specs.

It's annoying, because I don't have a great processor, so whenever I use the howitzer power, it slows down like none other :?

1.8ghz, pff..

yea well i thought the damnd demo would at least launch..but nothing...just LAG