Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

What's gonna win the Ratings war?

Game releases: Week of Mar 25, 2007 (UK)

Crysis

Release Date: Mar 30, 2007

Crysis is a Sci-Fi FPS game for the PC, where mankind must struggle to survive in the face of an alien invasion.

War Front: Turning Point

War Front: Turning Point is a strategy game that takes you to an alternate World War II, in which Hitler is assassinated in the early days.

The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar is an MMORPG set in the Lord of the Rings universe.

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

The third game in the original C&C series features a new race and new storyline.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

This sci-fi team-based action game is built on GSC's proprietary X-Ray engine.

Spore

Spore is a simulation game created by Will Wright that allows players to control various life forms from the cellular to the galactic level.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom is a strategy action game set in the post-apocalyptic future.

Rail Simulator

Rail Simulator is a train simulation game from Kuju Entertainment and Electronic Arts.

Alone in the Dark (2007)

Release Date: March 2007

Atari is developing a next generation sequel to the classic horror game.

Brian Lara International Cricket 2007

Release Date: March 2007

Featuring official ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 content, Brian Lara International Cricket is set to return after a two-year absence. Also known as Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007.

Frontline: Fields of Thunder

Release Date: Q1 2007

Frontline: Fields of Thunder is a WWII RTS tank game for up to 8 players.

Hotel Giant II

Hotel Giant II is the sequel to Maximum Capacity: Hotel Giant, a management strategy game that puts you in charge of a hotel.

OK, a huge week for the gaming industry. What chance does C&C 3 hold to gain your cash, with heavyweights such as these? And where will it be in the charts?

its fairly obvious C&C 3 is gonna win hands down

SupCom and WiC are not being released in this week. These games will take the number 1 spot in their respective release weeks, there's no doubt in that. What I'm interested in is the huge competition for sales C&C 3 has in this single week alone, regardless of releases in pre or post weeks.

The clue to what the list is about is the header at the top! :wink:

I figured with all those great games on the list they all can't be released within a week of each other, but God damn they are!

Guest Auronguardian

Its going to be a tight battle between Spore and C&C, as Spore was given over 4 awards at E3 06 and is being created by Will Wright, a man who has established himself as one of the most reputable developers today as he has amassed millions of dollars off of the most successful Sims franchise.

Guest Rabbit

True, but people must also remember these include different Genres. C&C 3 is an RTS, and spore is... what, a sim?

The C&C label generates sales. Its one of the the most popular franchises on the planet. It will top the sale charts, there is no doubt about it. C&C 3 will stay on top until the next hot game gets released.

I'm waiting for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl as well. It was meant to be released way back in 2004 around the same time as Half-Life 2.

C&C3 will be a 2nd place - right after Crysis. I think Spore is overrated. Anyone play SimEarth - same concept, same Will Wright, but really weird game.

Wooooow... that is quite a list! And on the same day! Unbelievable. There are a couple there that I must own, so I'm thinking that's going to be a tough day on my wallet :shock:

C&C3 will be a 2nd place - right after Crysis. I think Spore is overrated. Anyone play SimEarth - same concept, same Will Wright, but really weird game.

C&C 3 will be in 1st place silly person :P

im gonna have to agree with koen, Crisis will take top spot

Crysis and its extreme system requirements will see it fall short of the number 1 spot.

Umm... Does it mean something that I only recognize three of those games? C&C included?

I'm so out of touch. :cry:

Since when does the average person look at system requirements?

Usually after they're installed the game and its not going... :P

nah its usually after they have posted numerous messages on the companies troubleshooting forums about how the game is stupid because it doesnt work and how there never gonna buy a game from that company again etc.

Are you mad? Spore is going to be awesome! Reason it won't make like top-dog quality is most people don't have the attention span to play games like that, they need explosions and crap. :P

nah its usually after they have posted numerous messages on the companies troubleshooting forums about how the game is stupid because it doesnt work and how there never gonna buy a game from that company again etc.

then one of their favorite series gets a new game from that same company two days later and they pre-ordered it. :P

true though bout not looking at specs for most. friend was talking bout getting WoW and I lol'd in his face cuz his comp cant handle it. :)

Have you even watched the demo video released on it? That game looks amazing! I've never played SimEarth, but I doubt it's a repeat of that game :wink:

@if your friend wants to play any games soon, he'll need to look at an upgrade :lol: