Sign in to follow this  
mormreed

XP or Vista?

Rofl... Windows 98 is not stable... XP and Windows 3.0 are stable.... :nod:

Mhmm.. Keep telling yourself that... So I guess we can say punwisp is pwnt. :P

proved? technically he didnt prove anything... do i see any proof? nope, anyway reason im not going to post here anymroe because most of you are XP fans, some havent really even used Vista or even got a good computer that had vista, so im not going to argue, and dont say "cus you got pwned" No i wasnt pwned, he didnt prove anything its just like you guys dont take my word for it, same goes for him, eithe rhalf of what he said had to do with havign a bad comp that had vista, never even used vista, only heard what others said, or just loves XP and will keep bashing with its weaknesses and saying how bad it is. So im not going to bother, it will just get this topic locked, and stop with the pwned crap, its pissing me off, and only shows how much a loser you are

proved? technically he didnt prove anything... do i see any proof? nope, anyway reason im not going to post here anymroe because most of you are XP fans, some havent really even used Vista or even got a good computer that had vista, so im not going to argue, and dont say "cus you got pwned" No i wasnt pwned, he didnt prove anything its just like you guys dont take my word for it, same goes for him, eithe rhalf of what he said had to do with havign a bad comp that had vista, never even used vista, only heard what others said, or just loves XP and will keep bashing with its weaknesses and saying how bad it is. So im not going to bother, it will just get this topic locked, and stop with the pwned crap, its pissing me off, and only shows how much a loser you are

DODGE!

splintercellguy WINS!

cant dodge what i said....

anyways great way to show your maturity :)

anyways great way to show your maturity :)

no u, srlys.

You can't prove him wrong so you just go on a rant trying to get out of answering.

(oh, and didn't you say you weren't going to post here anymore? "great way to show your maturity" mate)

that has nothing to do with maturity... great way to think of some kind of comeback, and explain how he can prove me wrong when he hasnt really, all he did is do exactly what i did.... just said something else

He wasn't dodging what you said, he was pointing out that you were dodging the argument

dodging? im not dodging, im stopping. i dont hvae tim to argue about something stupid all day, plus it solves nothing anyway

So why do you have time to post every day in Open Discussions, while you cannot take 15 minutes to actually read my arguments?

proved? technically he didnt prove anything... do i see any proof?

Excuse me, but didn't I just post links to 5 EXPLOITS for Vista which have since been fixed? If Vista is so safe why is there an exploit that allows UNSIGNED drivers to tamper with kernel memory? http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=438 Let's see a snippet of my prior post:

technically vista is alot better for gaming then xp. Plus vista is more stable then XP. One of the main reason people say it sucks is because they cant tweak vista like xp... when you try to tweak vista, it backfires on you.

Okay, so how exactly is Vista great for gaming? My understanding is that Vista now forces all applications to share the GPU for its fancy effects. Not sure how that helps my FPS. Stability? I have to wait 20 minutes for Vista to complete "system requirement scan" on an OEM laptop that's supposed to run Vista with adequate performance. And as for the tweaking, give examples? If you tweak your registry and delete the keys under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive, it backfires of course.

I gave IRREFUTABLE proof of a Vista flaw. It's even there on MSDN: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa904975.aspx I guess M$ is lying?

because most of you are XP fans

Your statement is a sweeping mischaracterizing of CNCNZ forum participants. While some of us may like XP, those others may transition to Vista in the next 2 to 3 years. I myself prefer to remain with XP and Linux, so what you're saying is a blatant lie.

some havent really even used Vista or even got a good computer that had vista, so im not going to argue

I used Vista. I ran Release Candidate 1 on a powerful machine with plenty of memory inside a VMware virtual machine. That sucked ass. I tried Windows Vista Retail on an OEM laptop which was ADVERTISED as having adequate performance to run Vista. It took 20 minutes to detect hardware. Hardly adequate. Some of us have not, but based on knowledge from respected persons in the technology community, some of us have decided not to use Vista for the time being. It's like saying it's okay to have sex with an HIV-infected person because some of us haven't had the pleasure.

and dont say "cus you got pwned" No i wasnt pwned, he didnt prove anything its just like you guys dont take my word for it

Yes you were. You have yet to look at my post and even QUOTE me and rebut that quote. You have consistantly failed to directly respond to any points I have made. How much proof do I need to give? Do I have to write in caps for you to pay attention?

same goes for him, eithe rhalf of what he said had to do with havign a bad comp that had vista, never even used vista, only heard what others said, or just loves XP and will keep bashing with its weaknesses and saying how bad it is.

I didn't have a bad comp. I used a machine with 2 GB of memory, more than enough to support operation of Vista RC1 on a virtual machine. The OEM laptop had 2 GB, and it ran Vista NATIVELY. Yet I still got ****ty performance. Don't tell me I've never used Vista, and I'd be the first to use my rational skepticism skills. Me, myself, and I don't like XP too much. I prefer Linux, specifically the Ubuntu distribution, and I only use XP when I have to.

stop with the pwned crap, its pissing me off, and only shows how much a loser you are

Take a look at this Wikipedia Reference Desk question (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ref...change_the_past). Maybe you don't WANT to believe you're in the wrong, but adopting such an attitude means you won't get the most of life.

im not going to post here anymroe because most of you are XP fans, some havent really even used Vista or even got a good computer that had vista

If I wanted Vista that badly I would have gone out and purchased it by now but there's kick the guts, the cost. Here in New Zealand Vista is a damn rip off, **** Win XP (non OEM) still retails for around $350 NZ.

Plus I don't need Vista to use my computer when XP does everything I need. Does Vista change the way you do things on your computer?

No i wasnt pwned, i doubt you even know what pwned means anyway, im not going to quote that because im not going to argue about it, its pointles and it solves nothing, some pple have no probloms with Vista some do, same goes for xP

and actually it does change things, infact its totaly different then XP...

No i wasnt pwned, i doubt you even know what pwned means anyway, im not going to quote that because im not going to argue about it, its pointles and it solves nothing, some pple have no probloms with Vista some do, same goes for xP

I know you were PWNED in the tournament. Just give up and ****ing say splintercellguy presented his facts better and got you. Then we can end this.

You're absolutely correct. Vista is totally different than XP, in a bad way IMHO.

From Wiktionary:

1. (internet, slang, originally leet) To own in the sense of defeat.

So even if I didn't know what it meant, a 5-second lookup gave me all the knowledge I need.

oh i see some people dont like different eh? that can be understandable, but nothing stays the same, all it takes is around a week or less for it to be familier

Punwisp. Have you ever played fetch with a dead dog?

Cos that's what you're doing here. :roll:

oh i see some people dont like different eh? that can be understandable, but nothing stays the same, all it takes is around a week or less for it to be familier

So if the U.S. economy went to **** would you just go "bummer, oh well, some people don't like change!"...

Good logic.

your an idiot.... i wasnt referrign to getting to know every change in a week, i was talking about getting used to vista...

I thought we were talking about which OS is better.

Vista or XP?

your an idiot.... i wasnt referrign to getting to know every change in a week, i was talking about getting used to vista...

It's funny that you say I'm an idiot when..

it's you're*

wasn't*

referring*

And you've been pwnt. You don't counter ANY of splintercellguy's arguments and focus on little bleeps I put in this thread. How bout you debate him? Oh wait, you're either too stupid to or you know you've been ****ing pwned and just don't wanna admit your wrong. Admit your wrong, there isn't shame in it. I have, others have, it proves that you knew when you lost and you were wrong.

Protip though: When you call someone else a moron or idiot, grammar helps.

So if you wanna prove that you're right (which you're not by "it's an opinion", cause it isn't. XP/Ubuntu is better performance and stability wise. Splintercellguy has proved that. You have NOT rebutted his claims.

I thought we were talking about which OS is better.

Vista or XP?

We were but he keeps dodging splintercellguy's points while splintercellguy tears his points apart.

you are a ****ing dumbas, you are really pissing me off

DID YOU READ ANYTYHING IVE ****ING SAID

ILL REPEAT MYSELF

IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT WILL JUST BE A NEVER ENDING CYCLE, WHAT PART FO THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND? can your little mind understand this? so far you have shown you cant, this pwned crap is PISSING ME OFF, HE DIDNT ****ING PWNED ME YOU DUMBASS, stop with that ****, its ****ing annoying, im done with this topic, apparantly your feeble little minds dont get what im trying to say, instead your being ignorant fools

sorry for my languae but soviet si really pissing me off