Sonic

Tiberium Trailer Now Available

As we posted yesterday, the first official trailer for Tiberium is now available from GameTrailers.com. You can watch it in great looking HD or SD, if your connection isn't up to it. Use either link below the preview screen shot to watch the trailer.

tiberium_trailer1.jpg

gt_icon.gif Tiberium Debut Trailer HD

gt_icon.gif Tiberium Debut Trailer

You can also watch it on the CNCNZ.com YouTube Channel.

youtube_icon.gif Tiberium - Debut Trailer

It looks impressive so check it out now.

I still get a strange Halo vibe from this. Especially when he's standing on the back of the transport aircraft and the rear door opens.

I get a "TS but decades later" vibe of this, which is great. Halo isnt much of an issue since the gameplay is totally different.

I still get a strange Halo vibe from this. Especially when he's standing on the back of the transport aircraft and the rear door opens.

I kind of do, but then I see the tiberium, and it kind of gets rid of that feeling.

Well this is a great trailer.

Animation was smooth and flawless...

sound environment is quite good...

musical background was meaningful...

...Even Capt Grumpy gives the trailer some respect. I agree with his opinion that the Storyline is going to be the key, but I guess the difference between us and the Petro-Gamers - is they think it's guilty and must be proved innocent, and most of the C&C remnant think it's innocent and must be proved guilty.

I didn't get the Halo vibe that others are referring too, especially when you actually see Vega's face. But I haven't played H2 & H3.

I missed the EVA reference, have to listen to it again.

The Renegade pool reference is similar but I didn't pick it straight away. Apon reflection (get it!) I would say it needs to have a footprint dash the water surface to be a true renegade reference.

I don't believe the EA statements about EPIC SF storyline for a sec though. As per Saracen's comments, I just don't think they can pull it off.

Vega's comments don't seem to reference 12years of peace since the last tiberium war - which was a suprise. Obviously the TW expansion packs will then need to have open-ended conclusions.

(Gun animation was cool though eh!)

O GAWD!!! TIBERIUM!!!11

There was actually a little soundtrack to speak of. :o

We're gonna need someone who can record Spike TV to their hard disk next Friday. I'm surprised no-one has really picked up on (the last 7 seconds of the trailer) the fact that the game is going to be seen in action on the 25th.

We're gonna need someone who can record Spike TV to their hard disk next Friday. I'm surprised no-one has really picked up on (the last 7 seconds of the trailer) the fact that the game is going to be seen in action on the 25th.

Oh, I misread that as the trailer on TV. This is going to rock. :rock:

It was alright I suppose, I just thought it was rather lame how they had the big "horde" of GDI forces running to the slaughter...

The footage will be seen on Spike TV in USA first but will find it's way online soon enough.

oh my god this look SO AWESOME! I can't wait this will be a real reason to upgrade my computer

There are some pretty stupid comments in there. Oh yeah, it 100%looks like Halo (Nevermind that Mr. "oh so great" Masterchief is a knockoff of Dooms Marine)!. Alright, its 0% CnC (Lets forget the Titans, Orcas, GDI uniforms and EVA for a sec)!

Christ...lets find some other superb reasons to fiercely hate EA...again!

I wish the comparisons with Renegade would stop. Tiberium has nothing to do with Renegade.

they never will just because they're both CNC FPSs, and the only 2 official ones (but not necessarily the best)

http://kotaku.com/346729/tiberium--ea-love...little-too-much

Seems more people besides just Sonic get the vibe as well. ;)

Yeah there is a small Halo vibe from that trailer but I never said it was a bad thing. I was impressed with trailer, I've liked the screen shots and art we have seen.... don't forget I'm going to be very open minded about this game and take it as comes.

To hell with Halo.. The only thing I think about is my beloved C&C games.

Halo vibe doesn't not come through the halo 2 vid shown.

Unless you agree with this sample comment from over there...

What, so you put a guy in a metal suit and have him cock a gun and it's Halo?

Whatever.

Everything looks interesting.

(And I thinking it would be easier to stop the EA/Westwood comparison's rather than Renegade/Tiberium comparisons.)

My sentiments exactly. By watching the Halo 2 trailer, i just got reminded about Doom :lol:

If anything, Tbierium reminds me of Mass Effect.

Btw, i forgot to add how atmospheric the trailer was due to the music.

I hope thsi game will be an atmospheric fps with lots of interesting places in it and not just lame tib fields.