SyMaster

RA1 freezes after starting when Tibed1.64 is running

after i make some changes through Tibed and start the game the screen stays black and nothing starts, i only have the allied disc so i only changed allied units and buildings. does anyone have some suggestions for me?

after i make some changes through Tibed and start the game the screen stays black and nothing starts, i only have the allied disc so i only changed allied units and buildings. does anyone have some suggestions for me?

I had the same thing just recently...

Btw, allied/soviet disc only matters for campaigns. You can still change whatever unit you like.

Edited by Inferno

still no one who can help me out? i dont want to install TFD version because my changes never worked with it.

Try to select "remove changes from game" in TibEd. This removes anything TibEd might have added in the game folder. Does the game start now?

only if I close Tibed and removing changes will the game play as it would had I not had Tibed at all.

What Windows version do you have?

Perhaps if you "Save changes to game", exit TibEd, and then start the game manually?

That doesn't matter. Same thing happens to me, I have windows XP and TFD.

it ran for a few minutes but froze up. but the changes did take effect. should there be a minimum strength number?

It just freezes upon startup with me

A minimum strength number? Well take a peek at the technician. From my memory, 10HP sounds like a good minimum.

If you save changes to the game without making any changes inside TibEd, does it work then? If so, the changes themselves might be to blame. Otherwise, I can only think of the "environment" (Windows XP, maybe DEP at work).

If you save changes to the game without making any changes inside TibEd, does it work then?

Yeah, and if I make only a few changes it works. But if I make like 10 or so changes, the game crashes.

i never had a freezing problem when i had tfd installed, though the changes never took effect. if it is the DEP at work, is there a way to work around it?

Data Execution Prevention can only give crashes - not freezes.

Inferno, if it happens after you make several changes, then these changes are to blame. You're changing something which the game does not like.

SyMaster, do you have 'user accounts' setup on your machine? I.e. are you running as an Administrator user, or as a Limited User Account? Because TFD installs into the Program Files folder (with limited user accounts, you cannot write there). The original installs into C:\Westwood so it won't have that. Please note however, that there is *no* difference between the TFD edition and the original in terms of game code.

i feel i have found the issue, i added all the files in the redalert folder and tibed into the optout menu of DEP and now i have no problems encountered.

Yeah, and if I make only a few changes it works. But if I make like 10 or so changes, the game crashes.

What changes do you make?

Sorry to bring up an old topic but The solution to this is to disable the autosave feature of tibed. manually saving changes (Ex. make change in mammoth save then move onto next unit to be changed.) will cure this problem.

Sorry to bring up an old topic but The solution to this is to disable the autosave feature of tibed. manually saving changes (Ex. make change in mammoth save then move onto next unit to be changed.) will cure this problem.

Are you talking about TibEd 1 here? Or TibEd 2? Because TibEd 1 does not have an autosave.

If it's for TibEd 2, please give more details.