Sonic

Red Alert 3 Walkthrough Demo Video & New Previews

Both GameSpy and IGN have posted their first look previews of Red Alert 3 in action. Each of these previews are basically the same in terms of content but the real gem is the debut of the 10+ minute gameplay walkthrough demo video which will show you a huge taste of what's to come for Red Alert 3. Below is a sample from GameSpy's preview.

According to Red Alert 3 producer Amer Ajami, the game's focus on a broader, more comedic sensibility is part of a larger plan to make Red Alert 3 more accessible than its Tiberian cousin. "We're creating a more balanced experience with a broader variety of units," says Ajami. Unlike Command & Conquer 3, where a multiplayer game could be as short as five or six minutes, Ajami expects multiplayer games in Red Alert 3 to average about 20. To achieve this, in addition to giving the players more units to play with, they're also making each unit more specialized with definitive primary and secondary abilities that are useful or weak against specific other units in the opposing side. "The focus in Red Alert 3 is on force composition rather than sheer numbers."

Click here for the full preview at GameSpy or you can find IGN's preview right here. Links to download the new video can be seen below.

dl_icon.gif

dl_icon.gif

Community manager, APOC, has informed us that a full HD version of this video will be available for download from the Official Red Alert 3 Site in the next 24 hours.

APOC, has informed us that a full HD version of this video will be available for download from the Official Red Alert 3 Site in the next 24 hours.

hehe dont w8 for the oficial site direct download link HERE: from me to you with love :)

better use right click save target as, or any download accelerator ;-)

http://c.ve3dmovies.ign.com/videos/02/92/2...lkthroughVE.wmv

Edited by Johnnyxp64

The game looks sweet. Only some parts i didn't like.

The ore nodes - so build order wont matter like in RA2 or at least show the actual ore.

Airfields - it looks like you can only build 4 air units, like in C&C3. I expected something new.

No Repair Depot - Drones will repair your tanks by getting them close to the War Factory.

Watching the HD version is so much better, I really can't think of anything I didn't like in that video. I thought the man cannon with the Tesla Troopers was neat. And visually the game looks great.

Yeah it looks like an interesting game indeed. ;)

Looking at the HD version of the movie makes me feel awesome! So far, so good! Let's hope EA stick to the expectation of the fans!

hehe dont w8 for the oficial site direct download link HERE: from me to you with love :)

Thank you, you have my eternal gratitude. :D

Well I went straight for the high-def download, and enjoyed watching the original footage used in the trailer. Good stuff.

- thumbs down for the ore nodes. I think they should just replace them as oil derricks.

- thumbs down for the thick selection cursor... really seems to lessen the impact of the units. But perhaps in actual hands-on gameplay - if will be okay.

- thumbs up for water effects.

- thumbs up for new gui

- thumbs for individual infantry units

- thumbs up fo base building on water

overall - double thumbs up

Although I'm *really* not sure of the combination of slower paced & serious gameplay mecahnics with comic, zany exgagerrated universe. I really concerned that this style of mechanic would be better if they simply swapped with C&C3. So that C&C3 had indiv units, and slower 20min games... and that RA3 was harvey heavy and fast, fluid & fun!

No, RA3 deserves to be the better game. In fact, I hope that this will be the best classical RTS experience ever :P

And no, SC2 does not seem very good. I saw a Korean Pro-Gamer playing the Zerg on Youtube for 20 minutes, and it was boring. Not to mention that except some 3D effects, it looked and felt exactly like SC. Shame, considering what a great step forward WC3 was.

Well I hope it's the best classical RTS experience too... but I don't see why it deserves to be the better game?

Of course my questions/doubts concern serious gameplay with comical unit style. Something that should be swapped IMO.

The reason is simple: RA2 is my favourite CnC :) Or at least splitting the throne with TW and TD.

I was showing this vid to a friend over the weekend, and I really noticed the wave motion this time. For instance the wake of the engineer as he drives his zodiac or when a building is constructed - it displaces a wave of water outwards.

Really nice.