Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C 4 Beta Uplink Series Part 3: Defense Class

Part 3 of the Command & Conquer 4 Beta Uplink Series is now available on the Official C&C Site. This is a regular series of articles that features insider tips on the multiplayer beta. Coverage of class-specific strategies, tier 3 units, map design, the upgrades system and much more. Part 3 takes a look at the Defense Class for both GDI and Nod, with exclusive developer tips, new screenshots, and more multiplayer beta gameplay info. The new screen shots can be seen below.

thumb_screen44.jpg thumb_screen45.jpg thumb_screen46.jpg

thumb_screen47.jpg thumb_screen48.jpg

If you love your base building, or want to sit back and turtle, then this is the class for you!

Defense Class players excel in holding ground around TCN nodes by placing defensive structures, shield generators, and bunkers for their infantry. They can establish tunnel networks around the map to hop quickly from location to location, and are the only players who have access to the legendary Ion Cannon and Temple of Nod Superweapons! Don't be fooled by the name though - just because it's called Defense doesn't mean this class can't play aggressively! Although Defense is slower and more heavily armored, you can push to the front lines with an Offense Class player, setting up turrets along the way or even force enemies out of TCN nodes by setting up long-range artillery!

Click here for part 3 of the Command & Conquer 4 Beta Uplink Series.

I find this Zone Raider a very bad model (The very left side), REJECT! KW's ZR is much better than the one I'm seeing. You better fix it, EA! The Zone Trooper & Enforcer are a PASS.

Wow, did they wrote that the Obelisk can now fire Prism Tower style? Nice!

I've given up moaning on about the art direction in C&C4. I just want to play the game, finish the story, and be done with it all.

C&C4 beta should be going live for hte general public soon I think. Even more noobs online! ^_^

Well, we can also let their sales chart to fall far down below Uprising's. Moreover, I'm pretty sure the editors in Uncyclopedia will continue to mess with C&C4 for the lulz. The Twilight vampire thingy is fun to laugh and so is the Avatar with crayons.

I won't be playing the game since I saw how bad it is, so I'll just read the story from the C&C wiki and watch the FMV from Youtube. In this way, I'll spend my bandwidth on something else rather than on a crappy game.

Edited by Silverthorn

Silverthorn these forums are for fans who actually like C&C. Your constant and ongoing reminders of how don't like C&C 4, EALA or its future. or how you will only read about the story and watch the videos on YouTube or something are growing very tiresome. Your free to speak your mind but to be honest your simply here to stir things up and cause arguements. Continue this way and you will not be welcomed on these forums in the future.

No one cares that you don't C&C 4. If you don't like so much why do you follow it's development? Plus you haven't played the game. The screens shots and short gameplay videos show nothing.

Consider yourself warned.

This is why I cannot wait to play it. They are not completely abandoning turtlers and steamrollers. xD

Is it me or the Centurion models' green black wiring like thingies look a little bad quality.

Sigh, very well, consider myself silent from then on. If it, well, you get the picture, I no need to say it again.

Although Defense is slower and more heavily armored, you can push to the front lines with an Offense Class player, setting up turrets along the way or even force enemies out of TCN nodes by setting up long-range artillery!

Yes... you could set up turrets along the way, as long as you don't mind dying when you reach the enemy due to the turrets filling up your pop cap.

That rhino artillery looks alright. Not extremely detailed but a good pass :thumbsup:

I dont know about yall but this game is starting to look sexier and sexier. Even though i loathe the idea of "you HAVE" to be online to play singleplayer, pure curiosity is sparking and making me want to buy it.

W00t Flame tower is back :) and I like the GDI artillery.

yeap Rhino is nice and the flame tower is very nice too! :thumbsup:

the game is starting to get some good shape....we will see the release is very close and i am worry... :rolleyes:

the tiberium crystal idea btw should be out its at least "stupid" this mechanic.

i prefer a unit ---building that could DRILL in the ground near Tnodes or those specific locations and get some extra points from that drilling tiberium! :thumbsup: