Jump to content
Saracen

Red Alert 3 Beta Gallery Arrives

Recommended Posts

After playing the Red Alert 3 Beta over the last few days, I actually decided to sit down with chickendippers of CNC World to test out the new Empire faction, have a few battles, and perhaps even grab a few Beta screenshots for our Beta Gallery. Here's a sample of a few.

 

thumb_sshot0010.jpg thumb_sshot0009.jpg thumb_sshot0007.jpg thumb_sshot0012.jpg

There are currently 15 images up at this present time. There would have been more on offer, but most unfortunately the Beta decided to crash in the middle of a hugely satisfying ground skirmish. However we will be adding a lot more as time goes on, so keep checking back. So to view these great looking screens head over to our Red Alert 3 Beta Gallery now.

Share this post


Link to post

Did you resize the screen shots to 1024 x 768 or you running the beta at 1024 x 768?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm currently running the Beta at that resolution. Primarily because there's a 50/50 chance at a higher resolution, some form of graphical error such as this comes up:

 

crash1hh1.png

 

Which basically means my card (despite all recent driver updates) decides to break down and die and/or crash the Beta at any given notice. I've reported the issue a few times now since the crash keeps replicating.... so it appears an on-going issue.

 

I was going to increase the resolution on these since the BMP screenshot file kicks out at a large 2.25MB, but for the filesize you recommend for screenshots of this nature, too much image quality gets lost in the fold.

Share this post


Link to post

I love the new mini-map radar, its more understandable. The game looks fun to play.

 

Is there a graphics setting in the BETA?

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else in the beta (either now or in the future) is welcome to send us there own screen shots. We will add them to our gallery.

Share this post


Link to post

Another 15, uploaded tonight... It was quite a fun experience! :P

Share this post


Link to post
That was fun :)

 

You can check out the view from my perspective at CnCWorld.

I would if I could actually get CNC World to load ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I love the infantry battle in the middle of the gallery!

Share this post


Link to post
I would if I could actually get CNC World to load ;)

We've got our network technicians looking into it.

Edited by chickendippers

Share this post


Link to post
So saracen, beta--->you likey?

 

I like what I see so far yes. But I will reserve judgement for the final product. After all we wouldn't want a repeat of last year now, would we? ;)

 

But no, that's not likely from what I've seen so far. The game does show some impressive promise. The Mechanics are different, it's inspired by some of the greatest RTS clones of yesteryear, it's a more micro-intensive game and it somehow has a more sweet tasting C&C formula to it that works. Let's just hope the single player is strong, the acting is solid, and the script writing is even more so, or I will have something to say about it.

 

Of course the balance is still somewhat off, bugs and graphical glitches are everywhere, and my micromanagement sucks... But this is a Beta, and naturally doesn't reflect the final product. Of course I expect all the little nuances to improve, with exception to the latter, because that always sucks! :P

Share this post


Link to post

And, are you winning occasionally? I won...once! Out of 8 or 9 matches! :D

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×