Luk3us

Teen shoots parents

...wow someone's got big dreams... ah well. always good to set the bar high no? XP

anyway... yaaah... i don't think the kid was on drugs, chances are the second he was arrested they would have either seen visible signs or tested him anyway to be sure...

i really feel for the parents here. they were only doing what they thought was right, and at the end of the day the father still loves him. i don't think they made any errors in raising him, as they obviously cared enough about subjecting him to violence.

maybe the boy has some kind of psychological issue (well, that much is obvious. though when i say that i mean something serious such as being psychotic. i'd say not having any -true- emotion and being able to kill your closest family members as easily as you open a can of soda would be a serious issue...)

then again it could be something as simple as stress. people always get angry at their families when they are stressed. i know a lot of people who would probably have done the same if they had access to a weapon whilst they were angry...

what worries me is the fact he knew how to use the weapon, and went through with it. you could blame that on pretty much anything. i choose to say enviromental situations (generally social attitudes and media influences - if you regually see violence you're more likely to become immune to it...) i don't think you should ban games or violent tv shows or whatever...

and as much as i hate to say it, i don't think that weapons should be banned in america either (simply for the fact that if anyone tried to ban them it would turn into a civil war that could last centuries o.O; ) but what -should- be done is making things like the results of violence known. anything from a little flyer in the game case to an advert as the game is starting up (even if it only plays on the first load) it would work wonders.

like those domestic violence adverts or animal cruelty adverts... heck, even the piracy adverts x3; all i know is the adverts that make the most impact are ones that show it bluntly, both the actions and results. over here in the uk there has been campaigns showing the effects of drinking too much, getting in unlicensed taxis and knife crime (the first showing a person getting ready for a night out and in the process utterly destroying themselves in the way they would end up, such as tearing clothes throwing up on themselves, giving themselves black eyes etc etc...)

the second showed a group of girls calling a taxi. one girl goes to get in it then backs away, the other girls hold her and push her towards the driver. the driver then proceeds to have his way with her.

the final campaign basically just had people involved (victims, attackers, family etc) in knife crime talking about their experiences and showing the wounds of the victims. all of these campaigns (and many others such as animal cruelty) hit VERY hard and have had the desired effects to some extent...

Well this dip**** is clearly on drugs or something. The way I see it, that fact he couldn't play Halo 3 has nothing do with this story. He probably has more deeper psychological and emotion issues towards his parents to do something like this.

Lock him up and throw away the key I say.

Acting the way that he did, the parents must have been doing something horribly wrong. You know the kid isn't born with the desire to kill his parents.

then again it could be something as simple as stress. people always get angry at their families when they are stressed. i know a lot of people who would probably have done the same if they had access to a weapon whilst they were angry...

Not everyone is foolish enough to stay around while they're pissed. Not everyone would want to murder someone because they're angry. Not everyone is completely stupid like this kid.

what worries me is the fact he knew how to use the weapon, and went through with it. you could blame that on pretty much anything. i choose to say enviromental situations (generally social attitudes and media influences - if you regually see violence you're more likely to become immune to it...) i don't think you should ban games or violent tv shows or whatever...

How hard is it to use a gun? I mean really. Point, pull the trigger, done. Easy to use, though not easy to master.

anything from a little flyer in the game case to an advert as the game is starting up (even if it only plays on the first load) it would work wonders.

Well, here's the thing about games - kids get them because they beg mommy to get it. On any M-rated games, clerks are automatically supposed to inform the purchaser that the game is M-rated and why. What we need is MORE parents putting the game back on shelf instead of blindly buying it for their 10 year old. We don't need MORE information, just more parents doing research.

Acting the way that he did, the parents must have been doing something horribly wrong. You know the kid isn't born with the desire to kill his parents.

Not really. You can come from a great home and still be a complete **** up.

...wow someone's got big dreams... ah well. always good to set the bar high no? XP

Ugh, so long posts... I'm too lazy for all that...

Dreams? Not likely, I can probable think at least 2.54739x faster than you, so people can keep their trap shut about the stupidity crap, i can see through you like a glass of water, even from your text.

I can probable think at least 2.54739x faster than you

First of all, :rofl:

Such an exact number for a guess, makes you sound stupid, which doesn't really help your reputation.

Also, it should be 'probably', not 'probable'.

Such an exact number for a guess, makes you sound stupid, which doesn't really help your reputation.

Looks, and sounds are almost always deceiving.

A sound is no more than vibrations interpreted by your mind, there is no actual sound.

And same with light, simply electro-magnetic patterns interpreted by your mind.

You only know the reality given to you, and follow it like a book.

...and OH NO I made a typo!

I type fast, I miss miss type letters, but I typed the word that was on my mind.

People's problems in the world, are that they worry about the petty little things like a misspelled word, or a typo, when it isn't necessary.

And another thing people need to learn is that Intelligence and Knowledge are two completely different things.

Intelligence is you ability to learn, analyze tings, and reach logical conclusions with the resources given.

And in the long run Intelligence gains you knowledge.

Edited by BlyTwo

Can someone ban him now?

***hole, why?

I didn't break any forum rules.

Banning people for simply stating their mind gives your forum a terrible reputation.

Edited by BlyTwo

Ugh, so long posts... I'm too lazy for all that...

Not surprising... Laziness is no excuse for stupidity.

Dreams? Not likely, I can probable think at least 2.54739x faster than you, so people can keep their trap shut about the stupidity crap, i can see through you like a glass of water, even from your text.

Anytime anyone claims they're better than someone else, that just screams "I'm trying to make my e-penis bigger." I see through your weak facade anyhow so claiming you're "lightning fast" is just embarrassing.

First of all, :rofl:

Agreed.

I'll translate for the rest of you: "I'm a pompous, arrogant arse who is better than the rest of you sheepshaggers." Am I in the right ballpark there, Bly?

A sound is no more than vibrations interpreted by your mind, there is no actual sound.

That would almost be philosophical brilliance if it didn't come from an idiot, and if it couldn't be so easily disproven.

People's problems in the world, are that they worry about the petty little things like a misspelled word, or a typo, when it isn't necessary.

You go insane trying to find solutions for the plaguing problems we face every day. The petty, trivial **** keeps your mind focused on reality.

Can someone ban him now?

I want to but he's not breaking any rules... yet.

***hole, why?

That might be a clue why.

I didn't break any forum rules.

Maybe so but your pompous, holier than thou attitude doesn't net you any friends either.

Not surprising... Laziness is no excuse for stupidity.

Anytime anyone claims they're better than someone else, that just screams "I'm trying to make my e-penis bigger." I see through your weak facade anyhow so claiming you're "lightning fast" is just embarrassing.

:rolleyes:

Am I in the right ballpark there, Bly?

Not even close, i appreciate people that can except that there are other possibilities that what whirls around in your head

That would almost be philosophical brilliance if it didn't come from an idiot, and if it couldn't be so easily disproven.

How can it be disproven? There is nothing to disprove. It is fact, sound is vibration. Light is Electro-magnetic waves that is made into 'colour' inside your head, saying that green to one species can be static to another.

You go insane trying to find solutions for the plaguing problems we face every day.

I go insane from other people ignorance.

I want to but he's not breaking any rules... yet.

Don't ever intend to.

Maybe so but your pompous, holier than thou attitude doesn't net you any friends either.

Emphasis on 'thou'

I am prone to deceive how I seem, it is what i do.

Edited by BlyTwo

:rolleyes:

I get it. No come back for truth, eh?

Not even close, i appreciate people that can except that there are other possibilities that what whirls around in your head

What? Because I don't automatically say oh em gee, we can both be right, I'm dismissive?

How can it be disproven? There is nothing to disprove. It is fact, sound is vibration. Light is Electro-magnetic waves that is made into 'colour' inside your head, saying that green to one species can be static to another.

That's not what you said. Your weak ramblings indicated that nothing exists and it only exists because we think it does. Hence the fake philosophy.

I go insane from other people ignorance.

So I suppose you drove yourself insane, eh?

I am prone to deceive how I seem, it is what i do.

I'll translate this for everyone else again - "I'm an idiot who can't support what I say so I'll just ramble some bull**** that sounds deep when it really isn't and I saw it in a movie once when I was 10 and thought it was cool."

I get it. No come back for truth, eh?

What is truth, huh? Years ago people 'knew' the earth was flat, and dismissed anyone who apposed the 'truth'.

What? Because I don't automatically say oh em gee, we can both be right, I'm dismissive?

No, i expect you to even slightly consider the possibility that you just might be wrong. The cheap old school term: "know it all" -which only means you do the "I know everything and you all must be stupid!"

That's not what you said. Your weak ramblings indicated that nothing exists and it only exists because we think it does. Hence the fake philosophy.

Not really, but ok.

So I suppose you drove yourself insane, eh?

Sure why not, it would be fun! :huh:

I'll translate this for everyone else again - "I'm an idiot who can't support what I say so I'll just ramble some bull**** that sounds deep when it really isn't and I saw it in a movie once when I was 10 and thought it was cool."

I laugh at modern commercials, from how terribly done, and stupid they are. They are practically yelling "Look at me! I make you a retard!

And I note the 'translate for everyone else', also indicating you believe you are translating for the stupid, saying "I am smarter than you, I need to explain what this person it saying to you in slow motion for you."

And not supporting my own topics, it because I am to busy with more important business, and I can't tell you what, because it is top secret beyond top secret at this present time.

What is truth, huh? Years ago people 'knew' the earth was flat, and dismissed anyone who apposed the 'truth'.

Majority rules doesn't mean it's right.

No, i expect you to even slightly consider the possibility that you just might be wrong. The cheap old school term: "know it all" -which only means you do the "I know everything and you all must be stupid!"

When I am indefinitely proven wrong, I admit it. However, so far, you haven't been able to come close.

Not really, but ok.

It was your phrasing.

I laugh at modern commercials, from how terribly done, and stupid they are. They are practically yelling "Look at me! I make you a retard!

That I have to agree with.

And I note the 'translate for everyone else', also indicating you believe you are translating for the stupid, saying "I am smarter than you, I need to explain what this person it saying to you in slow motion for you."

Naw. It's my personal translation so everyone gathers the same thing I do, though they probably already do in the first place.

And not supporting my own topics, it because I am to busy with more important business, and I can't tell you what, because it is top secret beyond top secret at this present time.

Alright. Now you're just being ridiculous.

I want to know how you thought this in any way backs up your claim that you think faster than others on here. It Might be understandable if you were trying to make yourself sound smart, but rambling on about basic high school physics concepts does not make you smart.

Oh and DD wasn't actually translating it for people because he thought they wouldnt understand :rolleyes:

Majority rules doesn't mean it's right.

Now you catch on to my thinking.

When I am indefinitely proven wrong, I admit it.

Indefinitely, eh?

That I have to agree with.

Indeed

Naw. It's my personal translation so everyone gathers the same thing I do, though they probably already do in the first place.

Fair enough

Alright. Now you're just being ridiculous.

Aha ha ha! So they all say at first.

but rambling on about basic high school physics concepts does not make you smart.

Yes but I knew this at 10 years old.

And? Most people know this much earlier than when it is first taught as a concept as it is an incredibly basic concept.

I know that it is basic, but most people i see just don't get it. Most of the American and a lot of the Canadian are absolutely retarded.

I mean, for me to explain the theory of relativity to a high school student, and most of them won't get it.

Edited by BlyTwo

Thats because most would have no need to know it for any reason and have little to no interest in it without an interest in more advanced physics. For the vast majority of people it has no direct relevance for them. It does not mean they are any less intelligent just because they dont make physics calculations in their everyday life.

I know that it is basic, but most people i see just don't get it. Most of the American and a lot of the Canadian are absolutely retarded.

Being retarded is relative, as well as being a mental handicap. Don't use it as an absolute. -_-

I mean, for me to explain the theory of relativity to a high school student, and most of them won't get it.

I'm not in high school but even then, I still wouldn't have gotten it. But that doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'm just better at, and interested in, other things.

Thats because most would have no need to know it for any reason and have little to no interest in it without an interest in more advanced physics. For the vast majority of people it has no direct relevance for them. It does not mean they are any less intelligent just because they dont make physics calculations in their everyday life.

I believe i have already said that intelligence and knowledge are two completely different things

Then why are you still trying to prove your superior intelligence by bragging about knowing the theory of relativity?

The mindless arguing and endless quoting ends now.