sblister

Three Commandos Wallpaper

To commemorate the completion of both the campaign and commander's challenge under par, I am posting a wallpaper I've created of the commandos of all three factions.

RA3.jpg

Nice job, but 800x600 is kind of tiny for a wallpaper.

So, what's the "surprise" the devs promised for those who complete the CC under par?

Cool WP, btw :)

I was sniffing through the videos in the game, there is a big one with all the commanders in it whining about you winning. So maybe that is it, I haven't even got anywhere near finishing the challenege. :P

Oh and its a nice wallpaper, now just do 5 times larger. ^_^

SPOILER ALERT:

Luk3us is right. You get them all whining about losing. And it ends with Oleg saying something really hilarious. I was a little disappointed with the campaigns... three missions per side... but the commander's challenge was awesome. really had to crack your brains to think how to beat the AI under par. if you want the red alert 3 wallpaper in full size, head over to deviant art and just type in red alert commandos in the search field and you'll see it there. mind you, you have to press the download button at deviantart to get the full size wallpaper.

here's the link anyways:

http://sblister.deviantart.com/art/red-ale...dos-2-116041618

Among the 3 I'll probably take Yuriko. Lol, it's too small for a wallpaper especially on a Pentium 3 computer. Maybe it'll be cool if Natasha's uniform colours can be adjusted to the right colours seen on FMVs.

I still need to finish the empire campaign (stuck on 2nd mission) and about halfway through the Challenge.

Uprising is really challenging, which is cool :P

Sorry, dude. Can't tell you what Oleg says... It'll be spoiling it for everyone who hasn't finished the challenge mode.

What resolution size you guys want me to make for the wallpaper? I still have all the parts separate on photoshop, I can modify it anytime. The reason I changed Yuriko's color from red to gray is because the red would be to similar to Natasha's...

What resolution size you guys want me to make for the wallpaper?

Here's the requested resolution, both support old CRT monitors and the current widescreen monitors:

* 1024x768

* 1152x864

* 1280x800

* 1280x960

* 1280x1024

* 1440x900

* 1600x1200

* 1680x1050

* 1920x1200

I still have all the parts separate on photoshop, I can modify it anytime. The reason I changed Yuriko's color from red to gray is because the red would be to similar to Natasha's...

I want all the girls uniform to be based on the actual FMVs (tanya and natasha) and Yuriko's uniform colour can be seen in Uprising ending spoilers.

Btw - is it really possible to beat the Mirage Tank unlock mission under 3 minutes :o

I still need to finish the empire campaign (stuck on 2nd mission) and about halfway through the Challenge.

Uprising is really challenging, which is cool :P

I'm stuck on the third, and I don't really know how to work around the issue. Where have you gotten stuck exactly?

Working on the bigger resolutions

I'm stuck on the third, and I don't really know how to work around the issue. Where have you gotten stuck exactly?

Which part are you stuck on third?

Btw, it'll be better if you redo the black boxes outside the Allies Soviet EotRS logo. It looks kinda weird.

Alright... I've gotten down to modifying the wallpaper but first, is there anything you'd like to see in the background? Any pictures or stuff you wanna add. It'll be the commandos and their insignias in the foreground, the background i'll let you all decide.

That being said, it's nearly impossible to alter the color of the clothing to match the FMV ones. Especially Natasha.

Try get Yuriko's to be yellow, at least then it will match faction colour

preview.jpg

Alright guys here's the preview of the 1920x1200 wallpaper... I've been working on it but there are a few minor alterations that need to be made. Especially for Yuriko since her hair's wild and there are small spaces between the swishing hair parts that needs to be filled up. You might note that her legs are longer than the ones on the official Uprising Box Art. That took some time doing. I'm sorry but trying to color Yuriko in either yellow or her FMV colors does not work for this wallpaper. Like Malevolence said, the wallpaper's most effective when it is kept simple.

Now I don't know if the black background is to plain. Does anyone have any suggestions for what might be added to make the wallpaper a little better? I would greatly appreciate any comments and feedback.

I would love to add those backgrounds (the box art backgrounds) but the Tanya and Natasha ones showcase Allies and Soviet units and backgrounds whereas the Yuriko box art shows Ric Flair and a Desolator, nothing Empire related... so it will make this background a little lob sided. Most of the abstract backgrounds have russian symbols attached to it making it lob-sided to use. But I will keep looking for a background to use.

In-game screen shot featuring many explosions and heavy combat would be a good background. :D

This looks great, but I prefer the closer placement of the threesome in your first offering. I was thinking of suggesting you some sort of screenshot in the background as well. You could make 3 screenshots of the commando in-game doing one of their primary/secondary moves (zoomed in). But I would have it as a light, water-marked background.

But then I thought an easy fix is just to extend the faction flags to fill the background, and overlay the gals on top of each flag...

You know... I would mind a horizontal version of this, perhaps cropped down to just their faces. If you don't mind sharing your cut-outs I'll have ago when you're finished...

Is it okay to remove the strange out-of-place black boxes out of the flags?

I can do that.

To gben:

I can give you the photoshop file with the commandos in it and you can modify it and repost it here. How do I pass it to you? Do you have an email address or something?

Unfortunately, I can't take screenshots of heavy combat cuz my graphic card can't support the game with ultra high terrain and water. The units, explosions and shadows are all set on high, but the terrain and water is set on medium. I was conned into buying a lousy graphics card. ^#&@#!!!