Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeDLoK

Gla needs a airforce

Guest DeDLoK

Gla is in need of some sort of airforce. Something that would follow their theme. Like maybe some crop dusters that drop toxins and some sort of half rate helicopter at least for troop transport.

Well there is a GLA airfield, just like there's GLA powerplant (they were just removed from the game). I don't think it'd be too difficult to give them an airforce.

Get a good editor and add one. Soomething like an Anthrax Fighter...

Guest Proof

This is the funny part at c&c zh: They have an airplane that brings in the Anthrax Bomb, but no airport :D

Hand glider suicide bombers (released from the same plane that drops the anthrax bomb!) would be rather amusing. But seriously, what kind of planes could they have? Toxin spraying crop-dusters? Old WW2 style bi-planes? Gyrocopters? Not many things they could really use. Certainly nothing that would last 2 mins in the air, but then again I s’pose they are a patchwork army so I rekon that they would be happy enough with them

Can you enabled it chickendippers? I want to see GLA airfield and powerplant.

In our mod (C&C World Rebellion we intend to give the rebels an airfield, but nothing is sure just yet.

Since the game has gone far enough already to the point of suicide bombers, why don't they just stick a civilian airport on every map or some sort of flying club, send a terror bomber into it and either crop dust like has been said or hijack a passenger airline and have it crash into a structure...

OK you can flame me on that if you want but Generals aint exactly Politically Correct now is it. Something like that would not make a blind bit of difference.

On the one hand, having the GLA hijack aircraft to crash into buildings would be going too far. On the other hand, that may be the point, to push the GLA as terrorists by having them use anthrax, suicide bombers, hijackers and such. A crop duster would be a good idea for a GLA aircraft, and Israel is supposed to have a competent air force. I think they are made up of old F-4s and old Migs (21, 25) and Su-21s. They might be a good addition as well, and would go to explain why the GLA have hardwere such as tanks (they are probably ex Soviet captured when Russia invaded Afghanistan).

It will be cool if GLA has an airforce power.

Guys, unsa man ni? Gamita na lang ang mga GLA maka himo ug gamay na airport. Isa ka eroplano na pang publiko sa isa ka airport. Unsay isip ninyo? There, try to understand my country's language.

Yes, it would be cool, but it wouldn't be very balanced. Unless you added more structures and units to other teams aswell.

I found a mod from www.cnc-files.com. It's name is Zero Hour Reborn The Last Stand. Changes the shell map, generals, etc. It also tweaks the AI, making the AI use the new generals because all generals and even the original sides were replaced with new ones. Like USA being replaced by the USA Rouge General Ironside (the one EALA removed), Saddam Hussein replacing Prince Kassad, an Chinese EMP and Napalm general, USA Commander In Chief George W. Bush.

I already played this mod. Btw....improved AI....interesting, this is what I've been waiting for. I will download this newest reborn mod version.

I don't think that a GLA airforce would be a good idea... EA did a really good job of seperating the "feel" of the different factions, and a GLA airforce would make it feel like any other typical RTS where the different sides' units are basically identical, just renamed.

This is the funny part at c&c zh: They have an airplane that brings in the Anthrax Bomb, but no airport :D

Yeah, it is weird that they can call in a special bomber, but have no airports.... maybe it's always circling, huh? :D

Most special powers are sent out from off-map. It doesn't looks unreal for me, the GLA maybe have captured an airport and then use the planes to send the anthrax bomb.

The planes are for Saddam only. Realistic, though. Saddam may have acess to aircraft when he was still the president of Iraq. He also has scuicide bombers. Another realistic thing is that Bin Laden has hjacked aircraft as a general ability. Yay! :bouncer:

Guys, unsa man ni? Gamita na lang ang mga GLA maka himo ug gamay na airport. Isa ka eroplano na pang publiko sa isa ka airport. Unsay isip ninyo? There, try to understand my country's language.

Bai! Kasabot ko no! (My friend! I understand)

Actually, if the GLA can make 20-30 year old technology battlefield practical (ZH happens in about 2015, and Quad Cannon and SCUD Launcher are both Soviet-era) then why can't they have at least a minor airforce? Some ideas:

- Soviet/Korean MiGs

- Crop duster packed /w explosives (perhaps upgradable to tactical nuke?)

- Crop duster /w mounted machine guns (Sort of like a psudo-gunship)

- Cargo plane/bomber (drops bombs OR act as GLA gunships)

- Suicide strike (general ability: call in a cargo plane or bomber to crash land on a target)

- Hind choppers?

The crashing of a plane into an enemy structure might be bad taste in light of September 11, but then again EA had gone out of the way to play the Iraq and Al Qaeda cards, with the use of anthrax, suicide bombers, hijackers and the like.

I found a mod from www.cnc-files.com. It's name is Zero Hour Reborn The Last Stand. Changes the shell map, generals, etc. It also tweaks the AI, making the AI use the new generals because all generals and even the original sides were replaced with new ones. Like USA being replaced by the USA Rouge General Ironside (the one EALA removed), Saddam Hussein replacing Prince Kassad, an Chinese EMP and Napalm general, USA Commander In Chief George W. Bush.

+-+-+ OMG that mod is so kick ass.

+-+-+ i love that artillery general with that... thing with multiple rokkit launchas on it. ooo they were ... so terrifyingly osome.

MF3000

Little Katie, that mod, even though it's good, overloads my PC. I'm currently experiencing crashes and slower load times.