Sonic

Renegade X 0.35 Beta Released

i have made a missake on SDK on ps3 that update was just this only custom sounds

im very sorry for the missake i have made but i will sill try it on PC if only find to buy the game

Epic Games has great news for mod developers: Custom sounds can now be imported for Unreal Tournament 3 mods for PLAYSTATION®3 using Epic Games' ATRAC3 mod tools, which are free of charge and available now

Previously, custom sounds for Unreal Tournament 3 mods have only been supported for PC. Thanks to cooperation with Sony, Epic Games is able to offer its QA-tested and approved PS3 sound conversion tools to mod authors.

What this means is that many of our latest and greatest mods, especially total conversions using entirely original assets, can now be ported over for the entire PS3 community to enjoy.

Want to see some of these amazing mods? Head over to www.makesomethingunreal.com to view the dozens of levels, characters, vehicles, weapons and total conversions that are in the running to receive lots of cash and even an Unreal® Engine 3 commercial license as part of the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest.

If you are a mod author and want to take advantage of these tools, the instructions are really simple. First, you should have Unreal Tournament 3 for PC, patched to the latest version, installed on your local machine to get started. To access the sound conversion tools, simply click through the ATRAC end-user license agreement (EULA) here, install ATRAC on top of UT3's PS3ModTools v2.1 (which enable the cooking of PC mods for use on the PS3), and begin importing files.

You can read more about creating Unreal Tournament 3 mods for PS3 at the Unreal Developer Network: Udn.epicgames.com

all the info came MODDB !!

http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tourname...m-sound-support

Edited by Sonic

QUOTE (Chronojam @ Monday 5th October 2009 9:38 AM)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the PS3 SDK is upwards of ten grand USD, after a 75% price cut give or take. Now, C&C is pretty sweet, but dumping that kind of money into it is going to take a lot of donations to reach what's probably quite a smaller audience.

I don't think they need that if they ever go ahead with a PS3 version.

Anway, here's screen shot. Gunner meet my shotgun smile.gif

screenshot00005v.jpg

screenshot00005v.jpg

Looks very disfigured... is that graphical glitches or just the results of your shotgun?

I don't really know why the dead bodies end up like that. It looks odd, they disappear shortly afterwards anyway.

How do I tell what version game I have? I can't see anything obvious in the menus...

How do I tell what version game I have? I can't see anything obvious in the menus...

The version number can be seen in the top left corner of the main menu screen.....

pic84a8tmp.jpg

Just wondering... what is happening?

38806103.png

Just tried it myself. Where the Server Client program retrieves its data from must be off-line.

What a coincidence, TPB is down, and now RenX servers are down too.... Hmmmm... XD

Edited by Malevolence

Weirdest thing that I can recall that the game is still a beta since its first. How long will this game mod take in order to make a full version completely?

Let's hope this game shall be done before Renegade 2 is called.

The version number can be seen in the top left corner of the main menu screen.....

thanks Sonic, but I was talking about Unreal (Vanilla). It turns out that I still needed to download the patch 5 you were talking about to get the mod to work. I was trying to determine if the patch was pre-installed as part of the new release. It wasn't.

Just tried it myself. Where the Server Client program retrieves its data from must be off-line.

So yeah, after I finally got it patched, then I couldn't get online.

Still I was able to get into sandbox mode, and at least verify the thing works.

Borat-VeryNice.gif

Weirdest thing that I can recall that the game is still a beta since its first. How long will this game mod take in order to make a full version completely?

Its been a private beta for long time, now is the first public beta version. How long will it take to finish it? As long as it takes. It will be done when its done.

thanks Sonic, but I was talking about Unreal (Vanilla). It turns out that I still needed to download the patch 5 you were talking about to get the mod to work. I was trying to determine if the patch was pre-installed as part of the new release. It wasn't.

Surprisingly its in the same place ;)

ut3s.jpg

Well I can assure you - that version number was not shown on my screen. I spent about 5mins looking for it... on every screen/options.

I haven't her image before either, does it rotate the background?

Yes the background rotates between characters, but the version number is always static.

Also the forums are back up. I have no idea what that was about.

Well I can assure you - that version number was not shown on my screen. I spent about 5mins looking for it... on every screen/options.

I haven't her image before either, does it rotate the background?

Hmm, perhaps it only appears once you apply the 2.1 patch. I wouldn't know really because I never play the "vanilla" game, I think UT3 is crap. I only got it for Renegade X.

Hmmm... still not having any luck... getting into a MP game.

I can't even get to the ren-x forums to troubleshoot.

Do the gaming-gods not want me to play any games???

EDIT: hmmm found possible help

http://www.renegade-x.com/Forums/index.php...3151&st=20#

edit: I installed the fix and nothing got better - same errors. But then I followed a hint and copied the binary files from D:\UT3\Binaries into

the C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries and now I can join servers. Try this at home!

Now when I open the front-end, my server list is populated, but right now all the servers are empty.

Next problem seems to be the 1 FPS and freezing with the two lads on the cliff...

Still one step further.

Edited by gben

I had the same problem the other day, couldn't connect use the Front End program. I have no idea if this is a fix or not though. I read something about clearing the UT3 cache folder found at C:\Users\LOGIN\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Cache. I removed the files in there and tried connecting, it worked.

Admittedly I didn't try every server in the list, I have most success connecting to the Exodus server.

Well I did actually get a game on FIELD last night.

After copying the binaries I was able to populate the server list in frontend, but I wasn't able to join the server until I installed the sever patch... and by this stage on of the UK servers has 3 people in, so I was able to join the game and play.

As many of you have noticed, the server client program does not accurately present a server's playercounts.

A quick fix for the Renegade X server client has been uploaded. The patch is dependent on the servers. Server owners must install this patch and update their server(s) for their servers to properly display the player count info.

All non-server owners will need this patch as well.

It wasn't too long before we were camping in the field and killing each others harvesters!

It was very jerky, but I'll blame my wireless connection, until I get another game in.

Edited by gben

SOOOooo, interesting story, a last-minute code change we made before releasing the mod made it so that you can't join a server from the frontend while it is running the Islands map. Should be fixed in the next patch.

I think UT3 is crap. I only got it for Renegade X.

Really? One of the best 1st Person Multiplayer games out there I think... CoD4 trumps it. But then I've had a loyalty to the Unreal Tournament Franchise since the first ever game. Hence why I bought the Limited Special Edition on release day.

Oh and to stay on topic, RenX still doesn't work... I've tried numerous times. Reinstalled other mods from the community and they work fine, RenX seems to be the only one that doesn't.... Looks like I'll be waiting some time yet.

Saracen... I assume you copied the binaries from the game installation into the my doc's directory, and I assume you patched it, and I assume you applied the server patch as well.

So I'm not very technically inclined, but what is it doing on your end?

EDIT #1:

Found this while reading through REN-X Forums...

--------------------

How to install:

1: Install Unreal Tournament 3, get the patch: Click here to download the patch

2: Install the patch.

3: Install RenegadeX in \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade like mine = "C:\Documents and Settings\Kas\Mijn documenten\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade" IT'S THE FOLDER THAT'S SHOWED IN THE INSTALLER DON'T CHANGE IT.

4: Get this patch: Serverlist patch click here

5: Install the serverlist patch

6: Create a shortcut on your desktop from ut3, that means go to your ut3 folder and find the ut3.exe.

7: Go to properties of the shortcut, put this behind the target: -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

8: Open serverlist check for a server with players in it DON'T START YET.

9: Search and copy the ip of the server u want to join in this thread: List of server ip's

10: Run the UT3.exe shortcut, it MUST show the RenegadeX logo now. p.m me if it doesn't.

11: Hit F10, typ: "open ip" on the ip place enter the ip. Without the quotations ofc.

EDIT #2:

Found this after servers where down when I tried to play

You can replace loading screens...

i521799_renxvideosv05.jpg

i523771_nodcncmode.jpg

i523798_gdicncmode.jpg

Edited by gben