Sign in to follow this  
TheBlackOut

Crysis 2 screens

.. my video card weeps...

Tears of joy or sorrow?

Those are all photoshopped to infinity. Though I have no doubt the actual screenies will be spectacular. :)

Guest Stevie_K

Graphic cards will melt :blink:

Oh great. Yet another Crysis. The first one was a crappy game and this looks to just be yet another benchmark masquerading as a game. Snore.

Actually I don't know if your video card should weep. The engine is designed to be able to run on consoles and still look like that, so I assume that it can still look like that on lower-end hardware than was actually required for Crysis 1. Of course one would hope that they didn't cut out extra shinies from the PC compiler so if you have the hardware it can look even better.

I hope this continues the story from the first one and it's not completely unrelated. I want to know what is up with Prophet and those aliens. Also in some of those screens it looks like a giant alien spike is emitting a radical amount of heat that melts anything around it? Isn't that counter to the cold nature of the aliens?

-edit- spelling... again...

Edited by Mighty BOB!

Oh great. Yet another Crysis. The first one was a crappy game and this looks to just be yet another benchmark masquerading as a game. Snore.

I somewhat agree. Visually Crysis blew me away by how great it looked. And there parts of the game I really liked. But once I got the fighting the aliens it nose dived and got so damn boring. Never got around to playing the add-on, Warhead was the name wasn't it? I heard it had more of the boring alien crap.

I'll no doubt end up showing some interest in Crysis 2, sounds rather cool. But it will probably be on the Xbox 360. I don't think I'm a "PC Gamer" any more.

I liked Crysis SP. It was a bit slow but in no case bad. I look forward to the second one. Warhead was pretty good too, they optimized the engine more and it ran a lot better. I'm looking forward to urban fights.

Crysis SP was pretty much like all other FPS SP experiences. Though it was a lot more free formed, which was nice as so many shooters seem to be so very, very, very linear.

Warhead was buggier than Crysis as well as much shorter. Granted, expansions are shorter, but it only took me 5 hours to beat. :/

Amen, brother.

Time to do a decent Quad-SLI setup?

Now I'm crying and yelling....

Time to do a decent Quad-SLI setup?

You need to stop wasting your money on tech. :P

I was just suggesting, not implementing it just for this, lol. But if I'm crazy I might do so. We'll see. XD

Yes its looking pretty nice I will admit. Its the little things that count though. :)

Crytek are going to make it so the console versions will be the best versions of the game I feel. They were kind of pissed about the rampant piracy of Crysis.

But that video was cool. Very impressive. But it the gameplay that really counts.

Ah yeah I saw that at the Crytek booth. They were also demoing the engine running in stereoscopic 3D. Oh the cool things I could do with a CryEngine license. :3

Edited by Mighty BOB!

Oh the cool things I could do with a CryEngine license. :3

Renegade X on CryEngine 3... that would be awesome!

Crytek are going to make it so the console versions will be the best versions of the game I feel. They were kind of pissed about the rampant piracy of Crysis.

But that video was cool. Very impressive. But it the gameplay that really counts.

They were pissed because it didn't sell well and wanted to blame it on piracy. Sorry to Crytek, but Crysis was VERY pretty but very BLAND gameplay wise. As you said, gameplay is what counts, and the SP campaign was kinda slow (though I liked it.. not a whole lot, not enough to qualify me buying it at the time of release) and the MP was so.. uninteresting. Sales suffered because of that I think, not piracy.

Well, I think it is safe to say that sales were also hurt by the insane system requirements for it to look good at a decent framerate.