Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Forum Order Poll

Forum Order Poll  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What forums should be kept? (vote for as many you like)

• C&C Community News
    • Official C&C Site News
    • Official C&C Forums Announcements
    • Site / Forum News & Discussion
    • Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
    • Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath
    • C&C Renegade
    • Tiberian Sun / Firestorm
    • Command & Conquer
    • Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Maps & Modding
    • Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
    • Classic C&C Related Maps & Modding
    • Red Alert 3 / Uprising
    • Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge
    • Red Alert
    • Red Alert 3 Maps & Modding
    • Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
    • YR: Generals Mod
    • C&C Generals / Zero Hour
    • Generals / Zero Hour Maps & Modding
    • Off-Topic Discussion
    • Artwork & Graphics
    • Gaming Discussion
    • Hardware Discussion & Tech Support
    • Introduce Yourself

There has been some discussion in another thread about the order of the forums. More specifically the Open Forums. Some of you want to see it moved back towards the top of the main index page. So I'm using this an opportunity to open it up to you. Listed in the poll above are all the current forums, vote for the forums you want to keep. Forums the least number of votes will be considered for deletion or be merged with other forums of similar content. Basically this will give me an idea of what forums are used the most and what forums are used the least.

The Command & Conquer 365 - News forum is not included, neither are the TibEd.net Forums.

Are we missing any particular type of forum? Suggest ideas for new forums to be created.

If you would to get creative and suggest a new (possibly better) order for the forums list you ideas in this thread as well.

I've voted.

I feel that the forums are a bit cluttered. It might be easier to just condense all the C&C series into two forums. C&C and RA.

I think that perhaps all maps and modding forums should be merged with their parent forum except for the latest 1 or 2 games (those currently being TT and RA3). I do not, however, think all the games should be bundled together. Maybe RA1 doesn't get much anymore, but I believe both RA2 and RA3 still get enough attention that dumping the two together would create a mess.

Instead of voting, I say some subforums are needed of a merge. For older games like C&C1, C&C2, RA1, RA2, Renegade and Generals/Zero Hour, these sections shall merge into one subforum called "C&C The First Decade". For the modding parts of these older games, they shall merge into "C&C The First Decade Modding" section. Although we are seeing subforum sections depending on a universe, it is likely that Generals Universe shall be eliminated. For recent game sections (including modding sections) like C&C3/KW, RA3/Uprising and C&C4, they shall stay as it is.

Maybe the TibEd editing tutorials and discussion sections should be merged into one. Those editing tutorial threads shall be stickied if merged.

Overall I think that neither of the forum sections are basically dead except for the archives.

Guest Stevie_K

In reference to what I stated last week; I think that mods would benefit CNCNZ.com in many ways.

A well organized mod section with high frequent mod updates and also having some mods hosted here on the forums, would be a good choice imo.

A whole lot of people are searching for good mods for their dusty C&C games. There's a good opertunity to catch attention from both new and old fans.

It costs a lot of time, but I think it could kick CNCNZ.com up #1 of C&C fan sites.

Instead of voting, I say some subforums are needed of a merge. For older games like C&C1, C&C2, RA1, RA2, Renegade and Generals/Zero Hour, these sections shall merge into one subforum called "C&C The First Decade". For the modding parts of these older games, they shall merge into "C&C The First Decade Modding" section. Although we are seeing subforum sections depending on a universe, it is likely that Generals Universe shall be eliminated. For recent game sections (including modding sections) like C&C3/KW, RA3/Uprising and C&C4, they shall stay as it is.

Good idea! Like :thumbsup: !!!

I think we need to keep RA2/YR modding separate as this is where we still see a lot of talk.

Maybe the TibEd editing tutorials and discussion sections should be merged into one. Those editing tutorial threads shall be stickied if merged.

The TibEd Forums are only changed at the request of Koen, they are his forums. They are excluded from these proposed changes.

Overall I think that neither of the forum sections are basically dead except for the archives.

No one can post in the Archived Forums anyway, they are just that and archive of old forums no longer used. Alothough I am considering deleting them or moving them to sub forum status.

In reference to what I stated last week; I think that mods would benefit CNCNZ.com in many ways.

A well organized mod section with high frequent mod updates and also having some mods hosted here on the forums, would be a good choice imo.

A whole lot of people are searching for good mods for their dusty C&C games. There's a good opertunity to catch attention from both new and old fans.

I'm not really interest in going to the hosted sites path again for CNCNZ.com. It never worked out in the past.

Anyway, below is the proposed forum order I've scribbled down on paper. Bold Green is a forum category, indented text are sub forums, forums in yellow are possible candidates for deletion (subject to discussion).

News & Open Forums

Command & Conquer 365 - News

C&C Community News | Official C&C Site News

Site / Forum News & Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion

Hardware Discussion & Tech Support | Introduce Yourself |
Artwork & Graphics

Gaming Discussion

Command & Conquer Universe of Games

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

Red Alert 3 / Uprising

Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath

C&C Generals / Zero Hour

C&C Renegade

Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge

Tiberian Sun / Firestorm

Red Alert / Countersike / Aftermath

Command & Conquer / Covert Operations

Command & Conquer Modding Community

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Maps & Modding

Red Alert 3 Maps & Modding

Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding

Generals / Zero Hour Maps & Modding

Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding

YR: Generals Mod

Classic C&C Related Maps & Modding

TibEd.Net Forums

TibEd Technical Support

Editing Tutorials

Editing Discussion

Archived Forums

Tiberium

Tiberium Legos

As you can see the C&C 365 News and Open Forums would be come one category. With some forums moving to a sub forum of this area. The C&C games become one universe of game category rather the split into three as they are now. The order is determined by year of releases. This matches the main site as seen here http://www.cncnz.com/games/. And the modding related forums become their own section again.

Looks very good indeed :)

I'm cool with that.

What was the old forum order... before the current one?

I preferred the previous over the current, but I'm ok with proposed changes.

I think Lego's deserves special treatment... it's Zees's hard work is unique to our website afterall.

As an outside point of reference, here's how we have our stuff organized at Source. It's a lot more generic and much more condensed. Just sections for the Tiberian series, RA series, and Generals series. (It's also our equivalent of the General Gaming Discussion too.) Mapping and modding is divided into basically anything before Generals, and anything SAGE/RNA based. Renegade get's its own area with FPS modding. That's possibly a little too condensed, heh, but it might get the creative organizational juices flowing.

forams.jpg

Moving sections inside of other sections so they become subsections would help with general clutter of the main forums. I think that layout you posted probably would work well.