Jump to content
nathancnc

TFD 1.04 Dev Update (12/05/2012)

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Go to TSConfig.exe and apply the no-CD function.

The no-cd option in TSConfig.exe was already ticked. I messed around with compatibilities and still the menu was glitched. Anyway, in order to not go completely off-topic, can those patches on the list completely override the use of TFDUP and be used instead of it?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Bambacha said:

The no-cd option in TSConfig.exe was already ticked. I messed around with compatibilities and still the menu was glitched.

I misread your earlier post, thinking you were trying to fix a problem with reading Firestorm missions. As for the menu, you'll have to toy around with the renderer choice (bottom right of TSConfig's window). I can't give you an exact solution for that, as I think different renderers work for different setups. I personally use ddwrapper.

8 hours ago, Bambacha said:

Anyway, in order to not go completely off-topic, can those patches on the list completely override the use of TFDUP and be used instead of it?

Yes, though TFD 1.03 removes the need for the DVD for all included games, which is particularly necessary for RA2/YR and later.

Share this post


Link to post

Seems I have to catch up then. I only recently (6 months ago) upgraded my WinXP machine of 10 years to a Win10 x64 machine. In those WinXP years TFDUP served me wonderfully, I think it's time to keep up to date.

As for Tiberian Sun, if you install TSPatch on top of TFDUP, the Firestorm missions break but the menu glitch is fixed. Having only TFDUP doesn't fix the menu glitch. Thing is, TFDUP installs itself to all games (through the .bat it runs automatically) and you aren't able to pick specific games to patch.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bambacha said:

Thing is, TFDUP installs itself to all games (through the .bat it runs automatically) and you aren't able to pick specific games to patch.

You can bypass this. During the installation of TFD, you choose which games you want to install. Therefore you can install one set of games, apply TFD 1.03 to them, install the other set of games and apply fixes that may or may not conflict with the 1.03 patch.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

You can bypass this. During the installation of TFD, you choose which games you want to install. Therefore you can install one set of games, apply TFD 1.03 to them, install the other set of games and apply fixes that may or may not conflict with the 1.03 patch.

Oh God, you just blew my mind. I never thought of that, gonna try that now. Thanks for that tip!

Share this post


Link to post

I still check this every once in a while to see if anyone updates The First Decade. I don't plan on ever buying the games from Origin or Steam. I also don't play any of the newer releases. Hopefully each one will continue to be maintained for Windows 10 if conflicts occur. I need to try reinstalling my games after a bit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/08/2018 at 11:18 PM, Prisoner416 said:

I still check this every once in a while to see if anyone updates The First Decade. I don't plan on ever buying the games from Origin or Steam. I also don't play any of the newer releases. Hopefully each one will continue to be maintained for Windows 10 if conflicts occur. I need to try reinstalling my games after a bit.

 

Hey. Yeah, it appears people have moved on. It's understandable, really.

You should take a look at OpenRA, which is a fan remake of the old games in a new engine.

Also, just yesterday, an official rep of EA contacted the OpenRA team to let them know EA wants to remaster the old C&C games.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×