Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Battlefield 3

The game looks ****ing amazing, not only that but you pretty much have BF2 gameplay and probably more. This game is definitely next on my list along with Heart of the Swarm.

How much single player content in this. I know MP is one of the major parts. But I'd hate to buy this and have the SP campaign done in like 4-5 hours or something like that.

I'd buy BF3 over MW3. Activision can shove their copy and pasted clone up their ass.

Looks good, having vehicles mixes it up a bit. Though not sure about the whole, tank shoots down jet idea... :P

The graphics are simply... B...E...A...U..T..iful! Simply stunning!

Edited by Malevolence

Looks good, having vehicles mixes it up a bit. Though not sure about the whole, tank shoots down jet idea... :P

It's been doable in the history of BF games. I loved doing it in BF2 too, but only noob pilots were prone to it. If the team has a skilled pilot, that means that probably no one feels safe in a tank :P Been looking forward to this, I already have it pre-ordered on EA's download service :)

Top Comments:

240p and this still look better als cod

holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy ****

Whilst I am no particular fan of Origin.... I am liking what I see from Battlefield 3 when compared with Call of Duty... Hmm...

Battlefield 3 system requirements announced

Published on 20th September 2011 by Joe Martin

3 Comments

News

Battlefield 3 system requirements announced

Battlefield 3 is currently set for a October 25, 2011 release date on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Electronic Arts and Dice have revealed the system requirements for Battlefield 3, as well as the dates for when the different stages of the Battlefield 3 beta will roll out.

The Battlefield 3 beta will be released on Thursday 29th September, on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Those of you who pre-ordered the game through Origin or who own the Limited Edition of Medal of Honour will get advanced access to the Battlefield 3 beta on Tuesday 27th September.

The Battlefield 3 beta will end on Monday 10th October for all players. You will not be able to carry progress across to the full game, though you will be able to keep your soldier name.

The system requirements for Battlefield 3, both the beta and final version, can be found below.

Minimum Requirements

Processor: 2GHZ Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ or Athlon x2 2.7GHZ)

Memory: 2GB RAM

Hard drive: 20GB

Graphics card AMD: DirextX 10.1 compatible with 512MB RAM (ATI Radion 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radion 3870 or higher performance)

Graphics card Nvidia: DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512MB RAM (Nvidia GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)

Sound card: DirectX compatible

Keyboard and mouse

DVD ROM drive

Recommended Specifications

Processor: Quad Core CPU

Memory: 4GB RAM

Hard drive: 20GB

Graphics card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024MB RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950)

Sound card: DirectX compatible

Keyboard and mouse

DVD ROM drive

Check out our Battlefield 3 preview for more information on the game, as well as the Battlefield 3 video below, then let us know your thoughts in the forums.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011/0...nts-announced/1

I don't know why anyone would still be on Windows XP anyway...

I AM! and i can secure you guys it is NOT going to die so fast. Just because it have 10 years old? :P

Still, why every game from today are using DirectX? Where they put the OpenGL? Hmm... What would be DirectX tiday if OpenGL never existed? :D

Edited by pichorra

First of all, the issue with 32-bit PCs is the limit of 4GB RAM. XP saves more memory than Vista and Win7.

So I guess this game starts out with a minimum of Direct X 10. :mellow:

More than likely your PC is 15 years old. Don't know why you would WANT to be on XP. Stupid...

XP is getting long in the tooth these days, it was only a matter of time before big games starting ignoring the ageing OS.

Well I am not getting used to playing 32-bit games on Vista and Win7 since they use more RAM. 4 GB of physical RAM + 4 GB virtual memory (which is the limit for 32-bit OS) may not be enough to play on some recent games with higher-end system requirements even if you have a high-end video card with more VRAM. 64-bit is the way to go.

Edited by zocom7

Look at my specs on my profile, newer games work just fine. -_-

I don't know why anyone would still be on Windows XP anyway...

one word... vista.

Battlefield 3 will need monster rig to run on ultra settings

DICE community manager Daniel Matros has been answering questions about Battlefield 3 on Twitter. Battlefield fan @bkohn1 asked him whether a rig matching the Battlefield 3 recommended system requirements would run the game on ultra settings. Matros replied to say that “recommended is usually medium.”

So will a top of the range Nvidia GTX580 do the trick? Apparently not. Matros revealed that we’ll need two 580s in SLI to make the most of the Frostbite 2 engine. The minimum system specifications may not be too punishing, but for those who want to see Battlefield 3 at its very best, a hefty upgrade may needed. Battlefield 3 may well be worth the expense. Would you be tempted to upgrade?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/23/battlefi...gs/?sf2231582=1

High is fine for me. Besides graphics get in the way of online gameplay. :)