Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Abumm needs help!

Afrog2 is having problems with his forum for his site, and is seeking help with it. He needs to create a PHP forums just like this one... but doesn't quite know how to go about it... so any help would be highly appriciated..

Anyone who could help please e-mail him at:

[email protected]

If anybody would like to reply in here with tips as well, it would be greatly appriciated as I personally would like to find out how to go about it.

Thanks.

I will gladly host some forums here in the CNCNZ.com Network Forums if he is interested.

download the PHP scripts, and upload them to a server. easy. oh, and read the readme.

i got microsoft frontpage now, and hoping to copy the html and xml to a webhost and see if it works there. Thanks sonic for the offer. i'll get back to you as soon as i finish my front page up

And since your site is on the free Tripod service you probably can't set PHP based forums there.

or any forums, the members database eats at your space and bandwidth.

It doesn't really take that much space, our current database is around 10 MB and since we get as much disk space as we need from our awesome hosts (GamersPulse) we will never run out.

It doesn't really take that much space, our current database is around 10 MB and since we get as much disk space as we need from our awesome hosts (GamersPulse) we will never run out.

And what about on Gaming Source now? Do we have any limit, or will the moderators have to tighten down on the spam on this place that luk3us leaves laying about the place?

Same deal here on Gaming Source, as much space as we need but it must be used for files related to the site and nothing else. I will be checking for non-related files from time to time.

We should be cleaning up the spam and crap posts anyway.

For the record the forums database is currently 12.5 MB. CNCNZ.com with all of its downloads, and network sites is using 1925 MB. Thats why it takes so damn long to restore.

It'll be less than 1925 MB if you leave out the 200MB+ mods... :roll:

Well we no longer mirror the Reborn files here anymore. Most people who downloaded it could never make it work anyway.

And with a member of the reborn team aparently hijacking most of the URLs for Renegade Alert's web-site, Reborn in my opinion will never be mentioned or supported by myself. CnC Den refuse to even breathe a single word of this mod due to their past activities. This recent attack proves and only concretes that more.

Its all fun and games until you get caught..

But They shouldn't have lowered therselves to that level anyway..

They have a great mod... and its steadily improving...

And with a member of the reborn team aparently hijacking most of the URLs for Renegade Alert's web-site

From what I understand thats not entirely true. Not saying they didn't, just what I seen in my travels ;)

CnC Den refuse to even breathe a single word of this mod due to their past activities. This recent attack proves and only concretes that more.

Lion posted a Reborn update on CNC Den yesterday. I will still cover it when I can on CNCNZ.com. I'm not interested in the whole RenAlert VS Reborn war.