Sign in to follow this  
Iran

RAED Standalone

I've updated the pack with a hacked RAED exe that allows you to create and load DESERT and WINTER theater maps.

Updated with a new small patch to the RAED EXEs, they will no longer show a message window telling you that you need Red Alert 2.0 to play maps larger than a certain size.

I've updated the pack with a hacked RAED exe that allows you to create and load DESERT and WINTER theater maps.

:D nice job. It is possible to play this?

The red alert palette looks awful used for the desert theater. it is possible to use the C&C desert palette for this?

I would prefer to use the original shores/rivers from TD instead of editing the tiles from the temperate theater.

I added the orginal desert rocks using the name slots from the interior boxes (boxes01 - boxes09) with .des ending.

the editor use it proper, I think the game would too.

desert_rocks.rar

It should work just fine ingame too yes. Allen262 has been experimenting with extending the temperate theater using the interior tiles.

I think the TD desert shores weren't converted as Allen262 didn't have time for it, can't really remember. There might be a technical issue.

TD does some extra palettes stuff to support TD so the TD desert palette can't be supported from what I was told. I forgot what the issue.

Are you able to place these rocks with RAED hacked for desert support properly?

You can play desert multiplayer maps with the ra303p patch by downloading the game from iran.cnc-comm.com/redalert , you can also download CnCNet 5 from cncnet.org/download , it also uses ra303p and it also comes with the desert files.

There's a full map preview generator which supports the new theaters: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2530.0

and a thumbnail generator: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2516.0

Edited by Iran

seems to be only RAED place them correctly. Ingame they have graphic glitches and units can move through it.

Desert theater works excellent, winter indeed not. I got this kind of modern art instead until I changed the file names in winter.mix from .tem to .win.

plf9.png

o7sx.png

fix: http://www.4shared.com/file/K86GkcpJ/winter.html

Edited by Aasfresser

TD does some extra palettes stuff to support TD so the TD desert palette can't be supported from what I was told. I forgot what the issue.

Basically, the TD user interface and unit/structure graphics are optimized to only use part of the palette, while a specific other part of the palette (about half of it, in fact) is left free to change between the theaters. Since that common part remains the same, this allows the game to change the palette between theaters and still use the same UI and unit/structure SHP files.

RA does no such thing, and has only one ingame palette for all theaters, so changing that would involve splitting off these common colours from the "theater colours" and reconverting all existing ingame unit/structure/UI graphics to use only that common part of the palette. Pretty crazy amount of work.

Added jungle support, patched RAED to read 6 theaters (instead of using stock RAED and a hex edited one) and included mega map files for desert, winter and theater.

The download links in the first post have been updated.

Great update, but does that mean any created custom skirmish/mission map(s) with desert terrain works in Portable RA only?

Desert maps work with every version of Red Alert which uses a recent version of the ra303p patch and which includes the desert.mix theater files.

Any plans on a RAED version with the expanded tilesets Allen262 made?