Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Generals Artwork from the CandC.com Landing Page

If you haven't seen the new "landing" page on http://www.commandandconquer.com/ yet you might have missed seeing these awesome looking images of the Generals. There are six images in total. The last two feature photos from the live action video shooting ;)

6y8IKHT.jpg

cixoZHj.jpg

JONNE6E.jpg

dhCjPxC.jpg

r6xffC4.jpg

s5EC20f.jpg

The last two feature photos from the live action video shooting ;)

You sure? The generals in the G1 cover art never appeared ingame.

I love how they reused the old GLA logo from the first game and inserted it as a secondary badge on that Gen2 GLA general/commander/officer which we can see in the first pictures.

Yes, it would be kind of lame if the old logo just disappeared completely for no reason. That has always been annoying to me how the artists can't resist remaking everything with each new game.

How many redesigned symbols has GDI gone through now? :rolleyes:

I love how they reused the old GLA logo from the first game and inserted it as a secondary badge on that Gen2 GLA general/commander/officer which we can see in the first pictures.

It's funny how you can read that sentence, depending on the frame of mind you have toward the game;

"I like the attention to detail, with small easter eggs which hark back to previous games in the series, and how they acknowledge the hardcore C&C fans - as they are the only ones who would notice such details"

or

"omg how lazy, they just copy and pasted the logo. They just want our monies without spending their own on artists."

You sure? The generals in the G1 cover art never appeared ingame.

100% sure. The team did some live action stuff while the game was still Generals 2, the retail boxed product. They showed us some of the test footage at the summit last December. These guys probably won't be used any more though.

I prefer the live actor silhouettes over the cartoony generals - but that's just a minor personal style quibble.

Hope they can include the FMV in the SP.