Sign in to follow this  
FunkyFr3sh

New pre-cncnet5 Red Alert 1 Online Lobby

Should change 'Speed' to 'Game Speed' and 'Ally Reveal' to 'Ally Shroud Reveal'

Would be nice to have a warning when playing with one player and also a warning when trying to launch a skirmish game where game speed is set to max.

The settings you used for the last game you hosted aren't saved when closing the program. So whenever you start the program you have to re-do the settings.

Some of the tool tips have poor explanations or the English is kinda broke.

Could you add proper support for AI players? :P

Edited by Iran

Why so? How many speeds you have in RA? There is only "ScrollSpeed" and "GameSpeed" and it's obvious, that speed is related to game speed.

Same thing to "Ally Reveal" - does shroud completly change context? I think not :P

Hello

If you are interested i am sending you polish translation :)

wow thats nice, thank you a lot! Its included now, gonna add you to the credits too of course :P

Should change 'Speed' to 'Game Speed' and 'Ally Reveal' to 'Ally Shroud Reveal'

Would be nice to have a warning when playing with one player and also a warning when trying to launch a skirmish game where game speed is set to max.

The settings you used for the last game you hosted aren't saved when closing the program. So whenever you start the program you have to re-do the settings.

Some of the tool tips have poor explanations or the English is kinda broke.

Could you add proper support for AI players? :P

didnt had enough space for "game speed" :( Just changed 'Ally Reveal' to 'Ally Shroud Reveal'

i can add that warning quick, gonna write it down now.

yes, i could save that options and other things like window size :D already wrote it down hehe

i need someone that writes good tooltips for me, i just rushed them quick to get it done (might also add support for translations later)

AI player support -> oh noes! i have that since long time on my list, hope i get the motivation to add it soon :D

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

It's great being lazy. Almost done with the French one, currently trimming some lines and making everything fit within the spaces, then I just have to wait and see if I've managed to balls the context up while shortening strings so they don't trail and get cut off. Well, that and the error messages and whatnot, but most of it looks fine for an initial draft:

ra1ofr01.png

ra1ofr02.png

Told you I was lazy.

ra1ofr03.png

ra1ofr04.png

I must search for forgivness, 'coz i have send You wrong *.ini file. I am really sorry for makin' such mess, but i clicked on the wrong one file to send.

Here is final, proper one. Once again - sorry for sending two times without checking which one is the best one :)

ra1client-strings.zip

Edited by Traymen

It's great being lazy. Almost done with the French one, currently trimming some lines and making everything fit within the spaces, then I just have to wait and see if I've managed to balls the context up while shortening strings so they don't trail and get cut off. Well, that and the error messages and whatnot, but most of it looks fine for an initial draft:

ra1ofr01.png

ra1ofr02.png

Told you I was lazy.

ra1ofr03.png

ra1ofr04.png

nice :D good job already! take your time, there is no need to rush hehe

I must search for forgivness, 'coz i have send You wrong *.ini file. I am really sorry for makin' such mess, but i clicked on the wrong one file to send.

Here is final, proper one. Once again - sorry for sending two times without checking which one is the best one :)

Np, happened to me too today :D

Updated!

thanks

Are you gonna add per player handicaps?

Are you gonna add per player handicaps?

for ai players, yes :D

Is this open source?

i dont have any account at github and such :/

Well if that is all that is holding you back, it's not hard to make one :) I would love to add you and your launcher to the 3.03p organization.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Well if that is all that is holding you back, it's not hard to make one :) I would love to add you and your launcher to the 3.03p organization.

i will let you know when i made an account xD

Well don't lose the code Funky. ;p

Well don't lose the code Funky. ;p

i got a few backups on different locations :D

The string tables have been updated! All missing strings have been added (including tooltips)

Translators needed!

The following languages are 50% done: Eesti Deutsch Hrvatski Nederlands Polski Russian Spanish

For all other languages a complete translation is needed

The english example and the half done string tables for the other languages stated above can be downloaded here: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/RA1O-StringTables.zip

Croatian is 95% done, will be uploaded tomorrow.

Update: Polish translation is already done, mady by pony and kma

Croatian, Spanish and Dutch translation are WIP, so please do not work on those !

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

Curses. Mono refuses to work with ra1client.exe at all :(

Guess it will have to be winetricks..

yes, i had problem with mono too :( winetricks dotnet20 was working right away so i didnt really spend more time to get it working with mono

Update:

Russian - DONE