1382621461TILogoModDB.png

Hello CNCNZ! Long time no see!

Some of you may be aware that I (Aro) announced my resignation as Twisted Insurrection leader a few months ago, I'd just like to inform you that I have changed my mind on the matter due-to several reasons and will be resuming work as normal! I apologize to our fans whom I may have disappointed, but I'm happy to announce that it was, afterall, only a temporary leave.
After recent discussions with some staff members and some other people I consider to be my friends, I have managed to be persuaded to think otherwise about my resignation, so I owe a lot to the guys for helping me pick up my mood again.

GallT59.png GallT58.png GallT57.png GallT56.png

One other main deterrent of keeping up working on Twisted Insurrection was the fact that Windows 8 hindered my ability to resume work at the pace that I usually keep, but now thanks to a lot of fine-tuning and fiddling, everything is back in order again. Once Public Beta 5 is released and I have found an almost-perfect solution to the Windows 8 issue, I will include a tutorial of how to get TS/TI working correctly on the dreaded operating system.

GallT55.png GallT54.png GallT53.png GallT52.png

Now that I am back in the game and finally have internet set up at my new home, I am pleased to inform you that Twisted Insurrection will resume progress as normal! Not that Twisted Insurrection has been quiet for all those months, quite the contrary. We are only 2 Nod and 3 GDI Missions away from having a completed campaign, big props to Q45 for all his hard work. Once both campaigns are complete, some additional challenge missions will be created and then work on GloboTech's... missions... will begin.
GallT51.png GallT50.png GallT49.png GallT48.png

Now, I know what you're all thinking, which is probably something along the lines of "But Aro, when will the faction structures and units be finished?" and the answer to that is simply this, I don't know. ErastusMercy, the lead voxel artist for Twisted Insurrection has been on hiatus around the same time that I took my "leave" due-to several reasons, one of which being to embark on working on his mod, Emerald Prophecy, now for the Unreal engine, but hopefully he'll be back in the game soon.
Lin Kuei Ominae, the Nod Building artist for Twisted Insurrection has been unable to use 3DSMAX for quite some time now, but that time is drawing to a close very soon (we hope), once he is able to begin work again, the Nod structures will start flying out again. Henskelion, our cinematics artist is also busy with studies, meaning that progress has been slowed too, but not for long. As for GDI, well it's just a matter of whether the artist in question has time, I'm going to discuss things with some of our SHP artists and see whether or not we can get things rolling at light speed again!
GallT47.png GallT46.png GallT45.png GallT44.png

So we have taken quite a blow in terms of staff activity, but things are going to pick up again as from today. Sadly, no, I can not give you a set date on Public Beta 5's release, but that's only because unforeseen consequences are bound to happen if I start making promises on release dates. Never-the-less, looking at the progress that has occurred and how much shorter our to-do-list has grown (with the exception of some faction graphics), we're nearing completion, and whilst it's not just around the corner, it's going to happen! Tiberian Sun modding will not die until we die. **** you, Windows 8!

GallT43.png GallT42.png GallT41.png GallT40.png

Check out Twisted Insurrection's pages around the web!

PPMButton.gif FacebookButton.gif TwitterButton.gif YouTubeButton.gif DesuraButton.gif ModDBButton.gif

Edited by Aro
  • Upvote 2

Please avoid releasing the beta before the holidays at all costs, this thing needs to be played for daaaaaaaaays.... ;)

• Upvote 1