Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

More stuff to fix..

EA is really lovely company

It seem that they not just have broken sub object script for the firehawk
They also have one for the Travelear's air carrier and devastatior warship

1. Can someone help me out fix traveler's ships? It should be a lot easier than the firehawk, I tried a few stuff and failed
I post my xml, it probably have many stuff that aren't right because I done many tests and forgot to save better xml but you may get the general point if you will see the normal xml and mine

2. I tried to add ability to super weapon
The ability worked great but the super weapon shows "launch" animation when using that ability special power, what can I do in order to fix it?

3. It seem that some units from the mutant Hovel (or some random natural units I added that don't come from the hovel)
Don't show rank icon next to their health bar
They do show it when you press on them though in their picture
Is there any way to add it manually?

4. In tw EA added in update small ammo icons to the plane's pictures to show how much ammo they have but in KW the icons aren't there

I think they removed it because they added ammo upgrade to the gdi planes, my question is if there is a way to add them back ?
I probably can add to them a few more silos so they show the icons plus the ammo from the upgrade right from the beginning rather than remove them completely

Traveler59PlanetaryAssaultCarrier2.xml

Edited by Egozi44

KW was branched off a TW beta where a lot of stuff like the ammo pips were not present yet. Additionally KW was developed by BreakAway Games. They didn't have much time to find their way around. A few fixes that came with TW patches were introduced with KW 1.1/1.2, but again these were other people (the EA Live Team which lived for just a few months).

I see

I assumed it was something like that, today most companies have many branches for a game, and they usually have one that start to work/start to think about the next game while the current game still didn't come out yet

So is there any way to re-add them?

Also sorry if I was less specifics about 1 and 2

in 1. the traveler's ships showing their engine's effect when they damage even when the Traveler Engines upgrade Not been purchase yet

and in 2 I trying to add ion storm ability to the rift generator (working the same as scrin's Planetary Assault Carrier but spawn the temporary storm)

and some ability to the ion cannon

Edited by Egozi44

the ioncannon and so on use

WhichSpecialWeapon="1"

to indicate wich special power it uses. And it uses this SPECIALPOWER1_READY condition for the ready animation.

Try setting your ionstorm special power to "2". This should stop it from interfering with your '1' animations.

for the veterancy icon next to the health bar, that is done through

<AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset">
    <UnitOverlayIconSettings
        id="UnitOverlayIconSettings"
        AmmoPipImage="AmmoPip"
        AmmoPipFrameImage="AmmoPipFrame"
        ContainPipImage=""
        ContainPipFrameImage="ContainPipFrame"
        UnitTypeIconBackgroundImage="UnitTypeIconBackground"
        PowerIconImageSequence="PowerIconAnim"
        RepairIconImageSequence="RepairIconAnim"
        AmmoPipScale="75%"
        ContainPipScale="60%"
        UnitTypeIconScale="60%"
        StatusIconScale="100%"
        VeterancyIconScale="75%">
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="GDI">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
                Image="VeterancyRank2_GDI" />
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
                Image="VeterancyRank3_GDI" />
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
                Image="VeterancyRank4_GDI" />
        </FactionVeterancy>
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="SteelTalons">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
        </FactionVeterancy>
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="ZOCOM">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
        </FactionVeterancy>
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="NOD">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
                Image="VeterancyRank2_NOD" />
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
                Image="VeterancyRank3_NOD" />
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
                Image="VeterancyRank4_NOD" />
        </FactionVeterancy>
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="BlackHand">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
        </FactionVeterancy>
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="MarkedOfKane">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
        </FactionVeterancy>
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="Alien">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
                Image="VeterancyRank2_Alien" />
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
                Image="VeterancyRank3_Alien" />
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
                Image="VeterancyRank4_Alien" />
        </FactionVeterancy>
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="Reaper17">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
        </FactionVeterancy>
        <FactionVeterancy
            Faction="Traveler59">
            <RankIcon
                Rank="2"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="3"
            <RankIcon
                Rank="4"
        </FactionVeterancy>
    </UnitOverlayIconSettings>
</AssetDeclaration>

in the unitoverlayiconsettings.xml

your muntant hovel units, have a neutral faction iirc. so they arent defined to have a image (VeterancyRank2_3_4_ etc). you could try to add the neutral faction to this file and create them like the others and see if that works.

Edited by Ravendark

Pretty sure the Traveler Engine bug is because the Scrin ships are missing RetainSubObjects="true" in their condition states

the ioncannon and so on use

WhichSpecialWeapon="1"

to indicate wich special power it uses. And it uses this SPECIALPOWER1_READY condition for the ready animation.

Try setting your ionstorm special power to "2". This should stop it from interfering with your '1' animations.

for the veterancy icon next to the health bar, that is done through

Many thanks, will try it out and report

Pretty sure the Traveler Engine bug is because the Scrin ships are missing RetainSubObjects="true" in their condition states

I think it pretty much the first thing I tried after recalling what you told me with the Mastodon case

They also didn't had the sub object script in the damage and really damage conditions (with both Ion storm and without) to begin with

The xml I posted is sort of messed up since I tried to play with the RetainSubObjects off and on and other stuff so you may want to take a look at the original one

If you think you can easily fix it there's any chance you can give it a try? If you don't have WED I can send you the xml and you don't even have to test it (in cases you don't have a way to run KW's mods) just send me the file and I be the guinea pigs

Edited by Egozi44

from what I can see in the xml:

1. You should add RetainSubObjects= true to basicly every modelconditionstate. Especially the USER_6 ones (they are the ones used after the upgrade).

2. For the Engine draw module, try something like this:

<ModelConditionState
					ParseCondStateType="PARSE_DEFAULT"
					PortraitImage=""
					ButtonImage=""
					RetainSubObjects="False">
					<Model
						Name=""
						ExtraMesh="False" />
				</ModelConditionState>
				<AnimationState
					EnteringStateFX=""
					FrameForPristineBonePositions="0"
					ShareAnimation="False"
					AllowRepeatInRandomPick="False"
					SimilarRestart="False">
					<Script>
						CurDrawableHideSubObject("TravEng01")
						CurDrawableHideSubObject("TravEng02")
					</Script>
				</AnimationState>
				<AnimationState
					ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL"
					ConditionsYes="DECELERATE">
					<Script>
					</Script>
				</AnimationState>
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="ACCELERATE">
					<Script>
					</Script>
				</AnimationState>
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="USER_6 MOVING"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
					SimilarRestart="False">
					<Script>
						CurDrawableShowSubObject("TravEng01")
						CurDrawableShowSubObject("TravEng02")
					</Script>
				</AnimationState>
			</ScriptedModelDraw>

If the state is USER_6 (aka upgrade purchased) and the unit is moving show the engine, otherwise allways hide them.

Edited by Stygs

I see, will give it a go, just to be sure thought

what conditions should have RetainSubObjects= true from what you saw in the xml I edited?

and does some conditions supposed to have RetainSubObjects= False?

if yes tell me which since I don't really sure myself xD

Edited by Egozi44

You should add it to EVERY Modelcontionstate for the PAC on both Draw modules.

It has absolutly no drawbacks (as far as I know) so there is little reason not to have it. Makes me wonder why EA didnt add it as default setting.

I see, but I have one question to ask that will make me look like a ignorance fool ^^

What the PAC is? I recall I saw you guys explaining it on other threads or saw it in other modder conversation but don't remember what it is, is it relate to the scripts and scriptevents? (oh and come to think of it... should I also add RetainSubObjects to the travelers ship scripts and scriptevents? )

PAC is the short name for the Planetary Assault Carrier that the Scrin can build.

Oh, It seem I really was ignorance fool O_O I was sure it was something else xD

Ok reporting time

The WhichSpecialWeapon="2" didn't worked so far, there's a chance I done something worng so I included the XML so you can take a look

GDIIonCannonControl.xml

The UnitOverlayIconSettings xml worked but I still have one more issue

I have 2 units that have their Side name correct yet they don't display it next to their health bar

I think the issue caused because I force these two units to come with the last rank

I took it from zocom7's KWR xml

<ExperienceLevelTemplate id="MacaroniAndPeperoniActuallyIwantPizzaExperienceLevel_1" 
RequiredExperience="1" ExperienceAward="20000" Rank="4">
<LevelUpTintColor r="1.0" g="1.0" b="1.0"/>
<LevelUpFxList FxList="FX_GDILevelUp_03"/
><Target>MacaroniAndPeperoniActuallyIwantPizza</Target>
<AttributeModifier>Unit_Heroic</AttributeModifier>
<Decal Texture="decal_N_level1" 
Texture2="decal_Nod_S_CO" Style="MERGE_DECAL" 
MinRadius="35" MaxRadius="200" MaxSelectedUnits="40" 
OpacityMin="80" OpacityMax="100"/>
</ExperienceLevelTemplate>

What I need to change here in order to make the unit to show it rank next to the health bar and still coming with the last rank?

1. You should add RetainSubObjects= true to basicly every modelconditionstate. Especially the USER_6 ones (they are the ones used after the upgrade).

2. For the Engine draw module, try something like this:

Stygs you evil genius, it worked

But the only issue so far is that planes won't show their engine effetc while they in Ion strom (in other words when they use USER_5 + USER_6)

I can live with it and it look way better than the previous buggy effect that the EA's team made, but if there's any way to fix it so it reach perfection please tell me

Edited by Egozi44

You could try to define the Experience levels as normal (4 levels) and just grant the unit an upgrade that promotes it as soon as it is build (like the GDI reinforcement special powers).

(you might want to leave LevelUpFxList & LevelUpTintColor out from the fourth level to prevent showing the LevelUP effecs when they leave the barracks)

But the only issue so far is that planes won't show their engine effetc while they in Ion strom (in other words when they use USER_5 + USER_6)

I cant check right now, but I would not be surprised if EA just never added the effects for the Ion Storm models.

Edited by Stygs

The only thing i can see in that xml that you added is the network thingy? i thought you were using a fireweapon sp..., the ocl or ability powers dont have the wichspecialweapon code so i guess that is useless in your case.

Abetter way might be to use the

<MonitorSpecialPowerTimerUpdate
                id="955AC365"
                SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPowerIonCannonControlIonCannon"
                ReadyCondition="SPECIALPOWER1_READY" />

and duplicate it into:

<MonitorSpecialPowerTimerUpdate
                id="Module_SpecialPower_DeployNetwork2"
                SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPower_DeployNetwork2" /** it could be you need to use the other network SP you have, the one that starts the update
                ReadyCondition="SPECIALPOWER2_READY" />

Not sure if you really need to define SPECIALPOWER2_READY, i think it will just default to the DEFAULT modelcondition then.

altho i dont know why you are you using a chained special power? what are you trying to achieve?

You could try to define the Experience levels as normal (4 levels) and just grant the unit an upgrade that promotes it as soon as it is build (like the GDI reinforcement special powers).

(you might want to leave LevelUpFxList &LevelUpTintColor out from the fourth level to prevent showing the LevelUP effecs when they leave the barracks)

I will give it a go, don't sure what I need to add in order to upgrade them though, will take a look at random units who does that like the BH's Black hand squad or GDI reinforcement as you said

altho i dont know why you are you using a chained special power? what are you trying to achieve?

I want to add to the super weapons ability (inspired from Ra2 idea of having two building)

Nod already have one so I wanted to add to GDI network scan Rader button that show the entire map but avaliable each 12 mins

And to scrin a ion storm that work for little time to protect the building

The ion storm ability don't have fireweapon, and I made the rader from the ion Strom ability and just changed the OCL

They both don't use fireweapon as you said so I don't sure what to do

Edited by Egozi44

In your example with rank 4 the unit actually never had rank 4. The rank thingy is basically just a sort order but rank x needs x-1 to work (if x > 1)

USER_5 is usually used for Kane Edition skins. And as it's a separate draw it shouldn't matter anyway.

Ok the upgrade that promotes ranks method worked

the MonitorSpecialPowerTimerUpdate didn't, I added the xml (tried both SpecialPower_DeployNetwork2 and SpecialPower_DeployNetwork2Start with two different Ion cannons)

Ravendark can you please take a look and see if I done something wrong?

GDIIonCannonControl.xml

SteelTalonsIonCannonControl.xml

In your example with rank 4 the unit actually never had rank 4. The rank thingy is basically just a sort order but rank x needs x-1 to work (if x > 1)

USER_5 is usually used for Kane Edition skins. And as it's a separate draw it shouldn't matter anyway.

Yea you was right, I added all the ranks + the upgrade

The Scrin's planes apparently used USER_6 for Kane's skins and USER_5 is for the Ion storm

I changed all of Kane's users so I can use them instead

Edited by Egozi44

Here most of the codes lines that relate to USER_5 (I delete some other lines, hope I didn't deleted USER_5 relate code by mistake)

<ModelConditionState ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL" RetainSubObjects="true" ConditionsYes="USER_5 DAMAGED USER_6">
<Model Name="W3DContainer:AUPACARRIERION"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire01"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire01"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire01"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire02"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire05"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire05"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire05"/>
</ModelConditionState>

<ModelConditionState ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL" RetainSubObjects="true" ConditionsYes="USER_5 REALLYDAMAGED USER_6">
<Texture New="AUPACarrier_D" Original="AUPACarrier"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire01"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire01"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire01"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire02"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire02"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire02"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire03"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire03"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire03"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire04"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire04"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire04"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFlyingIchor" BoneName="FXFire04"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire05"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire05"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire05"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFlyingIchor" BoneName="FXFire05"/>
</ModelConditionState>

<ModelConditionState ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL" RetainSubObjects="True" ConditionsYes="USER_5 DAMAGED">
</ModelConditionState>

<ModelConditionState ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL" RetainSubObjects="True" ConditionsYes="USER_5 REALLYDAMAGED">
<Texture New="AUPACarrier_D" Original="AUPACarrier"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire02"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire02"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire03"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire03"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire03"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFire01" BoneName="FXFire04"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow01" BoneName="FXFire04"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFireGlow02" BoneName="FXFire04"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFlyingIchor" BoneName="FXFire04"/>
<ParticleSysBone FollowBone="True" FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienDamageFlyingIchor" BoneName="FXFire05"/>
</ModelConditionState>

<ModelConditionState ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL" RetainSubObjects="true" ConditionsYes="USER_5 USER_6">
</ModelConditionState>

<ModelConditionState ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL" RetainSubObjects="true" ConditionsYes="USER_5">
</ModelConditionState>

<SpotlightDraw

<ModelConditionState
					ConditionsYes="USER_5"
					PortraitImage=""
					ButtonImage=""
					RetainSubObjects="True">
					<Model
						Name="FXINVISBONE"
						ExtraMesh="False" />
				</ModelConditionState>
			</SpotlightDraw>

<AnimationState
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
					SimilarRestart="False" />
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="DECELERATE"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="ACCELERATE"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="MOVING"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="DAMAGED"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="REALLYDAMAGED"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="USER_5 MOVING"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="USER_5 DAMAGED"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="USER_5 REALLYDAMAGED"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
				<AnimationState
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
					SimilarRestart="False">
					<ParticleSysBone
						BoneName="INVISBONE01"
						FXParticleSystemTemplate="AlienTravEngDist"
						PersistID="0"
						FollowBone="True"
						OnlyIfOnWater="False"
						OnlyIfOnLand="False" />
				</AnimationState>
			</ScriptedModelDraw>
			<ScriptedModelDraw
				id="2291C570"
				RecoilDamping="0.4"
				MaxRecoilDistance="3"
				InitialRecoilSpeed="2"
				RecoilSettleSpeed="0.065"
				MinLODRequired="LOW"
				ProjectileBoneFeedbackEnabledSlots=""
				TrackMarks=""
				DependencySharedModelFlags=""
				HighDetailLODThreshold="0"
				LowDetailLODThreshold="0"
				WadingParticleSys=""
				AlphaCameraFadeOuterRadius="0"
				AlphaCameraFadeInnerRadius="0"
				AlphaCameraAtInnerRadius="100%"
				StaticSortLevelWhileFading="-1"
				BirthFadeTime="0"
				OkToChangeModelColor="False"
				AnimationsRequirePower="True"
				UseYAxisForTurretRotation="False"
				TrackMarksOnlyWhenCorneringQuickly="False"
				UseProducerTexture="False"
				NoRotate="False"
				UseFiringArcRotation="False"
				Selectable="True"
				RandomTextureFixedRandomIndex="False"
				ParticlesAttachedToAnimatedBones="False"
				ParticleBonesCheckDrawable="False"
				ShadowForceDisable="False"
				SwitchModelLODMode="False"
				StaticModelLODMode="False"
				ShowShadowWhileContained="False"
				UseStandardModelNames="False"
				UseDefaultAnimation="False"
				BirthFadeAdditive="False"
				ZWriteDisableOverride="False"
				MultiPlayerOnly="False"
				AffectedByStealth="True"
				InvertStealthOpacity="False"
				HighDetailOnly="False"
				SetAnimsToLastFrameOnConstructionComplete="True">
				<ModelConditionState
					PortraitImage=""
					ButtonImage=""
					RetainSubObjects="False">
					<Model
						Name=""
						ExtraMesh="False" />
				</ModelConditionState>
				<AnimationState
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
					SimilarRestart="False">
					<Script>
					</Script>
				</AnimationState>
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="DECELERATE"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
					SimilarRestart="False">
					<Script>
					</Script>
				</AnimationState>
				<AnimationState
					ConditionsYes="ACCELERATE"
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
					SimilarRestart="False">
					<Script>
					</Script>
				</AnimationState>
				<AnimationState
					EnteringStateFX=""
					ShareAnimation="False"
					SimilarRestart="False">
					<Script>
						CurDrawableShowSubObject("TravEng01")
						CurDrawableShowSubObject("TravEng02")
					</Script>
				</AnimationState>
			</ScriptedModelDraw>

Can you tell me what to add? I assume I know how to add it only to User_5 but I need to add it only for User_5 And 6

First of all: It will not work because the AUPACARRIERION model is missing the engine effect. I checked the KW model, they are just not there.

Second: You can remove most of the animation states for the last two draws as they contain nothing important. DEFAULT, DECELERATE, ACCELERATE and USER_6 MOVING are the only important ones, everything else is covered by them.

In fact, you could propably merge both Draws into one.

I see, before we fixed the issue however the engine effects did showed up with ion storm state but that probably have nothing to do with the model

There's no way to force it on the ion Strom state just like how ea mess done it?

is that pac code actually working without giving an error? right below the spotlightdraw you start with animationstates without opening anykind of draw but end in a </scriptedmodeldraw> or did you just copy/paste part of the code unto the forums?

as for the ioncannon thing, why are you chaining 2 specialpowers together for network scan?

also if the ready condition keeps happening, you can always spawn a dummy object from the ioncannon structure and give the dummy the network scan.

Well, maybe you can search the Forgotten mod code, it seems fixed 2nd problem. Long time ago since I played it last time, so I can't ensure that.

is that pac code actually working without giving an error? right below the spotlightdraw you start with animationstates without opening anykind of draw but end in a </scriptedmodeldraw> or did you just copy/paste part of the code unto the forums?

I just copy/paste part of the code unto the forums : P Sorry if it confused you

I can post the full code if you want but since no one asked I saw no reason

as for the ioncannon thing, why are you chaining 2 specialpowers together for network scan?

also if the ready condition keeps happening, you can always spawn a dummy object from the ioncannon structure and give the dummy the network scan.

Well I just copy paste the Ion storm ability and changed it for the scan's OCL (I made new one ofc so it can show all the map with one click), I most of the times don't know how to create stuff from zero so I try to go with stuff that already exist, What kind of dummy I need to spawn and how will it make the animation to stop? (rarely used dummys before and I don't really understand how it can make the animation to stop from my lack of knowledge, also where I need to put the dummy code?)

I also want to add the Ion storm ability to the Rift genorator so I will need a fix for the animations in both cases (even if I use some other method for the ion cannon)

Well, maybe you can search the Forgotten mod code, it seems fixed 2nd problem. Long time ago since I played it last time, so I can't ensure that.

You mean to the SW ability? I don't even know where to find the source codes of Forgotten xD

Edited by Egozi44

Just work of the repair drone spawn code. You give the spawned drone no art (hence its a dummy that you cant see), wich makes it practicly invisible, you add to its kindof that it cant be targeted or such. In the ioncontrolcenter you add the spawn module that spawns the fake drone. tell the module to kill the drone if the parent structure(ioncannoncontrol) dies. Then you put your scan ability on the done. This will seperate the ioncannon stuff from the scan stuff so it wont effect eachother at all. and i would work of the normal radar scan ability instead of how you did it like this.