Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

DOOM - Who's Getting It?

So anyone got or planning to get the new DOOM?

I've been watching some game play videos from various sources and I'm leaning towards picking it up in the next couple weeks (once the bills are covered).

For the PC version, I pass. Only the people with a very fast Internet connection can go for it. One single DVD of a game installation + waste of time downloading the other content especially huge patches from Steam = instant fail.

For the people who have slow connections probably would go with the console versions.

As for the early ratings, not that excellent, but great for a reboot.

For future PC games with huge system requirements and huge downloads, I rather watch the speedrun walkthroughs in YouTube anyway. And it took about 90 minutes of gameplay for this Doom reboot for someone to do this speedrun (yikes!!):

Edited by zocom7
  • Downvote 1

I'm going to buy it once the prices go down a bit.

Nope. My rig won't handle it.

Guest Stevie_K

Waiting for the price to drop seeing as the multiplayer to me is a massive disappointment.

If I wait a couple of months, someone will probably have made a decent multiplayer mod that does the classic FPS arena shooters justice.

As far as I've heard, the single-player part should be a pleasant surprise and bring memories of old. I don't mind waiting though, because then I'll have a GTX 1080 up and running for maximum eyecandy.

As far as I've heard, the single-player part should be a pleasant surprise and bring memories of old.

Hmmm. Doom 4 used some elements from Deus Ex, Unreal Tournament, Dead Space and Call of Duty. Besides the weapon upgrades, mission objectives and the HUD screen, still it uses the traditional health/armor system (not auto health-regeneration) and yellow/blue/red cards or skull keys to open doors..... one of the fewest games to do this, apart from Duke Nukem.

Not my kind of game

So let me get this straight. It's a reboot, it has the same name as the original, it looks awesome in videos, and everybody says it's terrific, even the grumpiest of critics? I no longer recognize the gaming industry. If I ever get a powerful enough machine, this is on my list.

I've watched few videos on YouTube about Doom and... it doesn't impress me. It's like a shooter from '90 with modern graphics.

It's like a shooter from '90 with modern graphics.

Isn't that the intention? :unsure:
  • Upvote 1

Isn't that the intention? :unsure:

IDK, i'm not a fan of shooters. I don't find entertaining walking through narrow corridor, blazing to enemies just waiting to be obliterated.