Sign in to follow this  
Publix666

Classic C&C MOD

hey i was wondering....i downloaded the Classic C&C mod for tiberium sun like 2 weeks ago..and i just installed RA2 and YR yesterday..i was wondering if any modders out there have ever tryed to make a mod for RA2 or YR of the old C&C.....i mean that would be friggin awesome...b/c the original C&C is in my opinion the best C&C to come out besides Generals and Zero Hour...but i was just wondering if any modders would mind making a mod for YR of the original C&C

They could try to make it like classic RA, that would be awesome.

yeah that would be- playing the old games is a bit frustrating without the easier interface of RA2 and now Generals- selection of vehicles by type, etc.

Say Publix666- where are you in Florida? Do you work at Publix or what's the deal with that?

The idea has been attempted and each met with failure. There's just too many things that couldn't be decided on, worked out or completed. No one's taken on the task in a couple years. Last TD mod for RA2 we had was a Eclipse.

Eclipse, huh? Never heard of it... Was it ever completed?

no i dont work at publix....when i was resitering to play online it seemed everything i kept coming up with for a ID was taken so i said screw it and just put publix just b/c no one in their rite mind would make a name like that..so yeah...did the Eclipse mod ever get finished?...and is ther a place i could dl it from?

sry for the double post but i hve a question how the hell can my YR serial code be invalid when i get it off the card westwood gave me??? i played online last night with YR and tryed to play online this morning and it said my serial number was invalid...wtf is up with that??? :?:

that sucks dude. you might want to write EA about that. they'll probably be able to help you out...

ill probably will today..but anyway...they need to make a good total conversion for RA2 or YR its gettin boring....ill probably play the TS classic C&C mod from now on till something new comes out

I tried making it once with a team made up of CNCNZ members but after a few months it was scraped due to technical reasons. One of these was making tiberium leathal just like it was in the origional. The problem with this it that westwood got rid of that part of the code in RA2 making it difficult to create it using ini coding. I realsed the ini coding for all the weapons aand buildings a few years ago but my old site is long gone and I dont have the file anymore. But if anyone here is interested you can port the code i made from the tiberian sun verson (called Tiberian Dawn Remake) I released from the cncnz download section under tibsun mods and use it on RA2 as it is basicaly the same ini coding used for RA2/YR.

that sounds cool apocolyp4 but i have no experience im modding what so ever....ive done a lil modding in dungeon seige..just a few skin changes and new spells and weapons but not very much..and i havent released any of them...but ive thought about trying to learn modding and stuff...but i just dont have the time...

The C&C mod for RA2 was never released or even remotely close to completion.

Also, we've got Tiberium damage down. We figured out how to do it. ;)

so does that mean you or a someone is working on a C&C mod for RA2?..i mean since u say u got the tiberium damnage down..im guessing u or someone is working on it..and if they are....i cant wait for it to be released

i hope there is b/c the 95C&C is the best one out of the seris i think...and ive got a C&C mod for TS that i play non stop..and if one comes out for RA2 i will be one happy camper