Sign in to follow this  
J-Fire_Man

A Very Interesting but Rude Site

Yeah, but some of his articles gets over-uncontrolled I think.

Oh, i like the custom rank.. Very original..

Anyway i think they should give this guy his own TV show.. It would make good TV :wink:

lol, 2 master chiefs. Some of the over-uncontrolled articles are the one which teachs people about how to do a nice suicide and hmm....I forgot the others.

In any case, I totally 300% agree with his articles about Matrix Revolution and Keanu. I overslept when watching Matrix Revolution at the theater, the stroyline is so boring. Nothing is cool anymore, even the stupid slow-motioned bullet isn't cool anymore. And Keanu's acting is stupid. Basically, Matrix Revolution = BAD, original Matrix = Quite good.

lol, 2 master chiefs. Some of the over-uncontrolled articles are the one which teachs people about how to do a nice suicide and hmm....I forgot the others.

Maybe these articles would go down better if more people understood satirical humour...

Maybe you could explain, to someone who enjoys such satire as South Park, Team America and Farenhype, how someone instructing on and encouraging suicide is funny.

I thought that there might be, as you suggested, people who would "listen to the bull crap" I'm saying. Then I eventually decided that anyone who would come to my page and read that article, and then take it seriously enough to end their lives has problems more serious than depression.

If people who read my site end up killing themselves over it, then you have to wonder how long they would have lived in the first place.

I don't think that Maddox was encouraging suicide because just by reading the article you can tell he isn't serious. He used suicide as the point of the article purely for shock value...

Oh but Gaz, shock value is evil. We must censor anyone who aims at it.

Yeah, that's what pansies tell you. SATIRE. Get the fúcking definition people.

I'll save you some time:

1a. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

1b. The branch of literature constituting such works.

2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

Shock value is not evil. No, people who seek to harm others are evil. That is not to say that Maddox wants to, but certainly there is no way that we can justify those who want to hurt people, is there?

I didn't say that you can justify a desire to hurt someone. But that's not his intent, nor, I hope, will it ever be.

I hope that is not his intent either, that would make him as bad as Binladen if it is. Of course, in that case that would make me...uh, that person in Godwin's Law. Anyway, Maddox is probably looking at this forum now seeing what attention he gets, which probably says more about him than anything on his site.

Jesus christ.. As if its Maddox's intent to hurt people, again we come to the moral issue.

Maddox is just speaking his mind to make people laugh...

He isnt some sort of internet verbal terrorist hell bent on twisting the minds of people and leading mass suicides...

Laugh??? It's a rude humour. Such as mocking children's art, it's funny, however that will hurt the feelings of the children he commented and also their parents.

I do not believe he is intending to make people laugh, nor do I believe, as impossible as it may seem, he is trying to hurt others. He is trying to get some type of reaction from people, any type of reaction. That is his goal. Just by us talking about him now his efforts have paid off in that he is recieving attention for what he had done.

Looks like he already accieved his goals by so many hate mail he received :)

This may give some insight to Maddox and people of his ilk.

The Twelve

Commandments

of Flaming

Make things up about your opponent: It's important to make your lies sound true. Preface your argument with the word "clearly."

"Clearly, Brian Hillis is a racist, and a dirtball to boot."

Be an armchair psychologist: You're a smart person. You've heard of Freud. You took a psychology course in college. Clearly, you're qualified to psychoanalyze your opponent. "Peach Pshawski, by using the word 'zucchini' in her posting, shows she has a bad case of ... "

Cross-post your flames: Everyone on the net is just waiting for the next literary masterpiece to leave your terminal. From OPINION to EZ-READER to PETS to CHIT-CHAT, they're all holding their breaths until your next flame. Therefore, post everywhere.

Conspiracies abound: If everyone's against you, the reason can't possibly be that you're a ******. There's obviously a conspiracy against you, and you will be doing the entire net a favor by exposing it.

Lawsuit threats: This is the reverse of Commandment #4 (sort of like the Yin & Yang of flaming). Threatening a lawsuit is always considered to be in good form. "By saying that I've posted to the wrong group, Didley has libelled me, slandered me, and sodomized me. See you in court, Didley."

Force them to document their claims: Even if Ralph Gagliano states outright that he likes tomato sauce on his pasta, you should demand documentation. If Newsweek hasn't written an article on Ralph's pasta preferences, then Ralph's obviously lying.

Use foreign phrases: French is good, but Latin is the lingua franca of flaming. You should use the words "ad hominem" at least three times per article. Other favorite Latin phrases are "ad nauseum," "vini, vidi, vici," "fetuccini alfredo,"...

Tell 'em how smart you are: Why use intelligent arguments to convince them you're smart when all you have to do is tell them? State that you're a member of Mensa or Mega or Dorks of America. Tell them the scores you received on every exam since high school. "I got an 800 on my SATs, LSATs, GREs, MCATs, and I can also spell the word 'premeiotic.'"

Accuse your opponent of censorship. It is your inalienable right to post whatever the hell you want to the net. Anyone who tries to limit your cross-posting or move a flame war to alt.fan.karl-malden.nose is either a communist, a fascist, or both.

Doubt their existence: You've never actually seen your opponent, have you? And since you're the center of the universe, you should have seen them by now, shouldn't you? Therefore, they do not exist! This is the beauty of flamers' logic.

Lie, cheat, steal, leave the toilet seat up.

When in doubt, insult: If you forget the other 11 rules, remember this one. At some point during your wonderful career as a flamer, you will undoubtedly end up in a flame war with someone who is better than you. This person will expose your lies, tear apart your arguments, make you look generally like a bozo. At this point, there's only one thing to do: insult the dirtbag!!! "Oh yeah? Well, your mother does strange things with ... "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Golden Rule of Flaming:

May your flames be witty,

insulting, interesting, paradoxical,

funny, illogical, caustic, sarcastic,

even inconsistent - but never,ever, let them be boring.

Wow....nice one Leang. lol, The Twelve Commandments of Flaming.

A nice description. I like it.

Well then, I suppose I should apologise for not being able to be convinced.

I just believe that people get along a lot better with those who do not make comments like the ones Maddox does.