Sign in to follow this  
olegkvasha

Putting Back In What EA took out

Hi I started this topic, to talk about units/generals that were left out the original game. That ppl like myself are trying to recreate and put back in.

So far I have been working on the Laser General. So far I have put back in the Laser Commanche with the original weapons it was meant to have.

I want these new units to be exactly like they would have been if they had actually been put in by EA. If anyone else has created some of the original units such as:

CIA Agent

Laser Commanhe

Cruise Missle Silo

and the 2 generals taken out of the game

I want these new units to be exactly like they would have been if they had actually been put in by EA.

A question: By the above statement, do you mean you are re-creating generals as EA originally intended, or you are re-creating generals as you felt it should of been.

And just an idea, but cruise missiles should be a general power, or ship based. Cruise missile silos built on battlefields isn't really realistic.

Yea, Generals had much more potential to be a better game. But due to EA's worker abuse (they made workers work horrendous amounts of overtime) I guess the guys were too grumpy or exausted to put all they had into it. If EA had given the guys more time instead of giving them inhumane hours Generals would of been much better than it is now, I'm guessing.

CIA Agent already exist in Generals and Zero Hour. You can see them in some missions. There is a set of models for the CIA Agent in ZH, which can be used for mods. They looks cool with black suit and a handgun.

which ini file is CIA agent in? Ive used the cia agent before but that was in someone elses mod. Id like to ad it back into my game as a useable unit

Check out the AmericaInfantry.INI or the Neutral.INI or the INI's with _CINE addon. I forgot the exact place of the codes, but EA already made the codes for the CIA Agent. But you will need to modifiy the codes some before you can use it in skirmish.

I Thought that generals would be and great game when it was going to bereleased but when it came it didn't came near the standers i thought it would be. so i decided to start on an mod that would make generals more funn and more orginal.

heres a small list of units that were dropped when ZH is released.

The Voices and models of the dropped units still exist.

For Laser Gen:

Laser Burton

Laser Ranger

Laser Battledrone

Laser Stealth Fighter

Laser Humvee

Laser Comanche

Nuke Gen:

Nuke Redguard

Nuke Helix

Supw Gen:

Hypersonic Aurora

Cruise Missile Silo

Tomahawk Storm

Support Stealth Fighter

Various mods like Boss Generals and Pro:Gen have added these units back in.

which ini file is CIA agent in? Ive used the cia agent before but that was in someone elses mod. Id like to ad it back into my game as a useable unit

I think they were in some ZH Chinese mission... the one with the big nuclear reaction perhaps?

America mission 4 - oil Fields of Dr Thrax - they were a hidden unit.l

GLA Snipers!

not sure if these are actual units, or just 'sampled' versions of the pathfinder, but in the GLA mission against the stealth general, he has snipers, can someone edit these in for the GLA? or refer me to a mod with them in it?

im pretty hopless with generals mods, much rathered Westwoods files systems.

heres a small list of units that were dropped when ZH is released.

The Voices and models of the dropped units still exist.

For Laser Gen:

Laser Burton

Laser Ranger

Laser Battledrone

Laser Stealth Fighter

Laser Humvee

Laser Comanche

Nuke Gen:

Nuke Redguard

Nuke Helix

Supw Gen:

Hypersonic Aurora

Cruise Missile Silo

Tomahawk Storm

Support Stealth Fighter

{Nuke Helix}its in the game

Dont some AOD maps for ZH have CIA agents. AOD maps seem to have ALOT of units u cant build in the game. These units are in the game but can only be added onto maps but i am shaw they can be added in some sort of mod.

yea there is a LOT u can put in like Cruise Missile Silo and Tomahawk Storm for gen iron side