Sign in to follow this  
Cygnus X-1

60 Years of WWII

Tomorrow (today for most of you) marks 60 years since the US dropped and detonated the first War Used Atomic Bomb.

3 days from now will mark 60 years since the second War Used Atomic bomb was dropped.

bombe-hiroshima-aloft.jpg

Wow doesnt even begin to cover it.

mini006k.jpg

If I were in Japan at the time----well, FUK is all Id have to say.

I wonder how Nagasaki and Hiroshima were in the period of 10 to 30 years afer the impact, its safe to go there now, but how long was the area irridiated in dangerous amount?

Guest MadBadger

compaired to current nukes they were like firecrackers.

Guest MadBadger

When the hell are you gona 'need' something that can wipe a HUGE city off the map?

Weird as it is, nuclear weapons and nuclear subs keep the peace, since no-one wnats to start a war if the enemy has the potential to fire nuclear weapons.

Guest MadBadger

But then theres always the threat of a 'broken arrow' and someone nicking a nuke.

May those poor Japanese souls be resting peacefully somewhere, they didn't deserve that kind of death.

Eh, hush, I'm being respectful here.

Madbadger don't be so pessimistic. There are some crazy idiots on this planet that happen to be leaders of countries that are on the "Axis of Evil" (oooooooh, wow! :roll: ) list, but even they aren't crazy enough to start a nuclear war.

Hell, would you like to be responsible for practically wiping out the human race, when all you wanted was to attack another country? I think not.

Guest MadBadger

I’m sorry but no one deserves a death like that. 100,000 Men, Women and children obliterated in a millionth of a second. That ****s not good this is one thing that should be uninvented i know it has brought forth pcs nuclear power ect ect but it was the worse tragedy in human history i believe. The fact there are still people with a finger over a button that can bring so much death to the billions of people on this planet is sickening. Why the hell do we need this? we have guided missiles that can take out a tank. Why do we need a bomb that can wipe out the tank and everything for miles around?

The Japanese in those two cities didn’t deserve that no one does. Imagine if your city was wiped out everyone would die that mother and her two kids, that old man, that couple, that pregnant girl, that taxi driver, those school kids everyone would be killed irrespective if they followed there leaders. Im sure not all the Japanese would have fought the Americans. There’s a 4 year old boys tricycle in the museum 4 YEARS OLD it was his birthday and he was just wiped out what had that kid done wrong?

You're exactly right there, my friend. Sure, we may go on about how nukes are cool and stuff, but the only reason why that is, is because we can do it safely in a computer game. Computer games don't make people want to carry out a Nuclear Carpet bombing run.

Thing is, the Americans wern't originally going to carry out the nuclear attacks. Heh, but here comes the big question: If Nagasaki and Hiroshima wern't nuked, how much longer would WWII have gone on for? The Japanese would've been defeated eventually, but at what cost?

Guest MadBadger

The japanise were starving the US had all there supply routes cut it wouldnt have lasted too long the americans just wanted to put it up the soviets that they had this weapon and arnt affraid to use it.

The truth is, there's no telling how much longer WWII would have lasted or whether more then the nuclear bomb casualties would have died without those two nuclear bombs, but for the sake of not committing such dispicable evil, if I had the choice, I would risk it and not use those bombs.

Those bombs were neccassary. The cost of continuing the war as it was, wasn't going to be acceptable. Simple as that... By using those bombs they saved more lives.

When the hell are you gona 'need' something that can wipe a HUGE city off the map?

Cold War, Iran and North Korea spring to mind Madbadger

Nuclear Weapons are a deterrent now, pure and simple. The Russians and the Yanks needed something to stop WW3 and Nukes was the logical thing.

May those poor Japanese souls be resting peacefully somewhere, they didn't deserve that kind of death.

They were violating humans rights... some Japanese Officers ate the liver of US soldiers...

Still there were probably childern and innocent families living in Hiroshima, and the price of war is horrible KNOW THIS...

but the price to win a war is to put aside your humanity...

War is horrible, and it always in history book... it's all we know...

I just hope we learn, if not I hope giant meteor smashes into us.

We are that vulgar as a human race.

The japanise were starving the US had all there supply routes cut it wouldnt have lasted too long the americans just wanted to put it up the soviets that they had this weapon and arnt affraid to use it.

If we hadnt made that statement, then the Soviets would have, but at what cost ?? Paris ?? Berlin ?? London ?? New York ?? ANd thus trowing us into nuclear war with them, and ending the world as we know it today.

Desperate times call for desperate messures. The Japs did some horrible things to our people out there. Theres no telling what they would have done to their own people if we had laid seige to their last stronghold.

The Nuclear blasts were terrible, but in casualties, the firebombings of Tokyo, Berlin, and the Rhine valley were far worse.

it save thousands of american lives. It also gave the emp. of japan a way to out. Honor and all that.

those poor japanese were prone to cut steaks from downed american Planes and eat them right in front of them. before killing them

My grandfather turned 18 over there. he saw Hiroshima a week or so after the surrender.

Bataan death march? ever hear of it?

Guest MadBadger

The rusians were scared ****less of what the nuke could do they would have never used it unless provoked.

When informed of the nukes power however, Stalin just brushed it off as if it were nothing.

Thats because one of his spies had already informed him before Presedent what's his name told him. ;)

Guest recoton007

What else was the US suppose to do?

Attack the well defended shores of Japan?

Thousands of American Lives would have been lost.

It would have had the same result as DDAY, only the death count would have been much more catastrophic.

The US did what they had to do because they were tired of fighting.

World War II was over, yet Japan still thought that they were going to continue and eventually take over the world.

There was no choice.

Guest recoton007

Oh bye the way, we have enough WMD to crack the Earth

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You have enough nukes to crack the Earth a 1000 times over more like it, infact at one point the US had one nuclear bomb that would have destroyed civilisation on earth (not by destroying the whole planet but it was such a big nuke it would have caused world wide nuclear winter).

It's all fine reasoning that many Americans would have died instead, but fact is nobody knew that for sure, the problem with the use of those nukes is the fact that America would be stooping to the enemy's level with such dispicable evil, if America invokes such unforgiving mass killing against innocent people (Im not saying the target was only innocent people now) then what was America defending in the first place?

The lives of 10 times more people.

Most powerful confirmed Nuke ever (I think) was 80 Megatons. Soviets doing though :nuke: :omg: :nuke: