Sign in to follow this  
Crystal_sword

has this game been overdone?

obviously the world is sick of the "War on Terror". Even soldiers dont believe it anymore.

And i think EA stepped to far by combating "terror".

because real life. its nothing like Zero Hour.

All it is, is that USA is bombing like a group of 4 insurgents with HEAVY AIRCRAFT.

and the plot in ZH. LMFAO!!!!!!!! i liked it at first. but the Generals of GLA. soo streotypical. i mean we got the point GLA are bad guys. but wtf is the point of potraying them like that?

end of day even in real life. Osama Bin Laden still stands for something reasonable. and that is for US to stop funding Anti-Islamic fronts. Such as Israeli army. and for USA to stop sticking tis nose into everyones elses buisness for its own intrest.

ZH killed the idea of a freedom force.

it makes them to be some kind of blood thirsty killers.

seriously. its just kinda lame. if Anything it should be GLA and USA V China.

i was really shocked at how the men had beards.

Are they supposed to be Muslims?

It Should be the US soldiers are the evil dudes. after all their the ones abusing people in the POW camps. :roll:

I never liked Generals storyline...

Oh wait it didn't have one. ::P

obviously the world is sick of the "War on Terror". Even soldiers dont believe it anymore.

All it is, is that USA is bombing like a group of 4 insurgents with HEAVY AIRCRAFT.

and the plot in ZH. LMFAO!!!!!!!! i liked it at first. but the Generals of GLA. soo streotypical. i mean we got the point GLA are bad guys. but wtf is the point of potraying them like that?

end of day even in real life. Osama Bin Laden still stands for something reasonable. and that is for US to stop funding Anti-Islamic fronts. Such as Israeli army. and for USA to stop sticking tis nose into everyones elses buisness for its own intrest.

It Should be the US soldiers are the evil dudes. after all their the ones abusing people in the POW camps. :roll:

Know what I hate aboutthe media ?? They overglamorize the one or two people who do things bad. Like the prisoner beatings. Thats not standard in US prison camps. Yo uonly hear about the offenders in the media, so everyone thinks that American soldiers are bad. The media only reports the deaths in Iraqi roadside bombings. Litterally hundreds of roadside bombs go off every day over there. Only the big ones, where someone dies, are reported.

The Media reports about all the insurgetns and the uprisings. They dont say one word about the locals, the towns and villages. They dont report abotu how the kids love to hang arouond off-duty soldiers. They dont report about the village economies improving ten-fold since the "war" began. They dont report about the average, only the extreme. And then all you non-US people get the wrong idea about US soldiers.

Wake up to reality. And if the US stopped "putting its nose into other people's business where it doesnt belong" then the world would have been screwed over a hundred times already.

And dont try and contradict me about my points of Iraq. I know several Marines who are over there or who have returned from there.

Guest MadBadger

im sorry but im QUITE sure that all of Usamas mates and generals ect have beards and are muslem....... dunno might JUST be a coinsidence.

I never liked Generals storyline...

Oh wait it didn't have one. ::P

ROFl, it does, USA & China: kill GLA, Kill more GLA, Kill Traitors and even more GLA, Kill last of GLA, The End. GLA: kill Americans, Kill Chinese, Kill More Chinese, Kill Traitors, Kill more Americans, The End. Well..................................Guess that isnt much of a storyline :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: But yeah thats the #1 thing I hate bout Generals, NO STORYLINE, just blowin the **** outta stuff, dont get me wrong that is fun, but it gets old quick without some background to Why your blowing that stuff up.

Guest MadBadger

well..... whats the background to us blowing up afganistan and iraq? (other than it all connected to 9/11 )

yeah the generals box had me expecting so much more. All that about how words ring hollow when satellite photos tell a different story got me expecing some big plot to kill each other like a Red Alert style war or something.

Hrm...I dunno what to think. Yes, the storyline needed improvement, but it sparked an insight as to what could happen if a terrorist organization grew as the G.L.A. did in Generals/Zero Hour. Hell, a simple terrorist organization was responsible for destroying the USA as a superpower, and paved the way for Chna to become the new world superpower. I liked that insight, I bet it was a surprise for the few Americans that got the game just as an excuse to blow the hell out of terrorist scum. And I also bet that is why some of you guys don't like it, because the USA got ****ed over in Zero Hour. :lol:

Seriously though, I think that people should just get over the fact that it's something completely new. :roll:

Well, a couple of years old now. :lol: Just appreciate that it's a little more of a variaty in our CnC diet instead of the usual Nod vs GDI or Soviets vs Allies (and more recently, vs Yuri as well) that we've already seen alot of.

Generals/Zero Hour bashing is just as bad as Yuri bashing and EA bashing as well, in my opinion.. :roll:

Know what I hate aboutthe media ?? They overglamorize the one or two people who do things bad. Like the prisoner beatings. Thats not standard in US prison camps. Yo uonly hear about the offenders in the media, so everyone thinks that American soldiers are bad. The media only reports the deaths in Iraqi roadside bombings. Litterally hundreds of roadside bombs go off every day over there. Only the big ones, where someone dies, are reported.

The Media reports about all the insurgetns and the uprisings. They dont say one word about the locals, the towns and villages. They dont report abotu how the kids love to hang arouond off-duty soldiers. They dont report about the village economies improving ten-fold since the "war" began. They dont report about the average, only the extreme. And then all you non-US people get the wrong idea about US soldiers.

The same applies to us, the muslims. What I see in the news today is the foreign media often bashing us, the muslims. Telling the world that muslim = terrorits, etc.

Wake up to reality. And if the US stopped "putting its nose into other people's business where it doesnt belong" then the world would have been screwed over a hundred times already.

Nope, I don't think so. Think of the countries in this world as big families. There are the big family of America, the big family of britain, the big family of Iraq, and so on. And tell me, what do you feel when one of other family member disturb your family problem by force, like punching your sister when your sister got problem with one of your family member (which is the same as US invasion in Iraq). Take a look at what the US doing in Iraq, Saddam's action in Iraq is iraq's matter, not the US matter, so you have no right to interfere other country's problems. No matter how powerfull and influencing you are. All you can do is giving suggestion, unless when you got to do a self defense. And thanks to the US invasion, the oil price is rising to the sky, and the result, in my country, oil becomes very expensive, and 3/4 people in my country are poor people, and their life became harder since the oil is going high. You must think first before you act. The invasion of Iraq didn't jsut affect Iraq, but the whole world.

Know what I hate aboutthe media ?? They overglamorize the one or two people who do things bad. Like the prisoner beatings

yea whatever.

Thats all the US media potray muskiums at isn't it? i mean Osama did this. so they attack these countries.

And you call it Islamic xtremism when there is Resistance. WEL OF COURSE THERE IS RESISTANCE GENIOUS AMERICANS. its called logic. you bomb a country to bits dont expect people to be mad.

All The media does is lie about their enmies.

i have Asked Muslims guys about "Jihad". and its nothing like what the Media potray it as.

use ya head. "muslims" did not attack USA. USA attacked them. and look at the excuses they gave.

ALL NONESENSE!!

So let me get this straight. I am confused here and have to ask...The World Trade Centre is bombed. So are the Khober Towers and the Beirut barracks. The USS Cole is bombed, killing 17 Navy crew. Terrorists hijack civillian airplanes and use them on civillian targets in attacks that kill at least five thousand innocent men, women and children in New York, plus the police firefighters and emergency medical personel who attempted to rescue survivors. They fly planes into the Pentagon. They try and fly a hijacked plane into some other target, maybe the White House or Camp David. They use car bombs to kill in Indonesia. They bomb trains in Spain and London. And the victims of these attacks are not allowed to retalliate? Is it one rule for terrorists and another for the rest of the world, or should we just stand by and allow the killing of Westeners, currupt Eastern allies, Muslims, those who support terrorists, those who do not follow militant Islam and Jihad, the whole world?

This is exactley why i get ticked off.

Dude, have u ever sat down and taken the time to actually ask muslims?

These people are not fighting for the fun of it as they seem to be in ZH.

USA has screwed over the Arab countries one time ot many. and the poloticions of these countries are not doing nothing about it because they cant.

and these people, who are ticked off because they lost everything. are fighting back against Americans.

i mean use ya logic.

They supported Israel. And Today ISrael is taking more and more land. ILLEGALY. and USA is still supporting them?

I thought USA stood for freedom and for equality?

what their doing in Palestine is Hypocrytical. and its dumb of you to not even see that.

Try playing "Google.com" and search for what USA have done to Arab countries. the Sanctions imposed on them. Bombing the **** outta them. and you are soo shocked when a few people fight back. amount of people USA have killed who are non-combatents is unbelievable. so dont go acting as if USA are the victims here.

they have been at war with so many countries. count them and you will be suprised

First of all, I am far from sick of war on terror games. Kill Muslim terrorists! Do your worst against them! Pity there is no torture option.

Seriously, people have actually taken the time to ask Muslims about Jihad. Some say no, which is good. Some, however, praise Allah and Jihad. How can you explain that away? They are Hollywood mock ups?

You seem to forget that while America is by no means an innocent party, most people do not resort to violence against them. Even if they deserved it, terrorists by and large do not attack military targets. Oh no, they deliberately target those who are in no way involved in the military. You could be on a plane, or bus or train and terrorists decide to bomb it. They do not care how much you support Al Qaeda, they will kill you regardless.

And do not forget that in places such as Afghanistan the people in that country did not want to be under Taliban rule. So it was not as if America just took land from them. If anything they gave it back to their rightful owners.

Israel is not attacked because of war crimes made up by those who hate peace. It is attacked because it is an example of what can happen and it is al ally of America.

Now, someone with a brain might like to tell me if I am wrong on any of these points.

Hrm...I dunno what to think. Yes, the storyline needed improvement, but it sparked an insight as to what could happen if a terrorist organization grew as the G.L.A. did in Generals/Zero Hour. Hell, a simple terrorist organization was responsible for destroying the USA as a superpower, and paved the way for Chna to become the new world superpower. I liked that insight, I bet it was a surprise for the few Americans that got the game just as an excuse to blow the hell out of terrorist scum. And I also bet that is why some of you guys don't like it, because the USA got ****ed over in Zero Hour. :lol:

Seriously though, I think that people should just get over the fact that it's something completely new. :roll:

Well, a couple of years old now. :lol: Just appreciate that it's a little more of a variaty in our CnC diet instead of the usual Nod vs GDI or Soviets vs Allies (and more recently, vs Yuri as well) that we've already seen alot of.

Generals/Zero Hour bashing is just as bad as Yuri bashing and EA bashing as well, in my opinion.. :roll:

I Dont mind the new sides, I think they are a nice fresh start too, I just was hopin for some In-depth storyline.

Just on the game bashing, I hear people saying things like "ZOMG GENERALS IS TEH SUX0RS WITH NO STORY LOL!!!" Seriously, that sort of thing is overdone.

The gameplay is awesome, I just would have liked som real cutscenes (and NO the news brodcasts dont count)

I think there were going to be some proper cut scenes, but for some reason they were exercised from the final release.

I think there were going to be some proper cut scenes, but for some reason they were exercised from the final release.
Yeah I heard that too

Just on the game bashing, I hear people saying things like "ZOMG GENERALS IS TEH SUX0RS WITH NO STORY LOL!!!" Seriously, that sort of thing is overdone.

:nod: Exactly.

You seem to forget that while America is by no means an innocent party, most people do not resort to violence against them.

yeah i agree.

But its like the "London Bombings"

I think like only a short percentage like 6% (in UK) even dont comndem the 7/7 attacks.

and the rest do? well? i would say much more Americans have done or have the potential to do more terrorist acts. well why dont we make a game against US Rednecks?

well why dont we make a game against US Rednecks?
ROFL :rofl::rofl: Id play that :dazed::dazed:

Or maybe he was upset at not being able to hijack planes and fly them into buildings, and is holding out for a game where the purity of Islam will smite the evil empire in a sea of nuclear fire. :roll:

...You could just play Zero Hour as the Chinese Nuclear General versing the normal GLA army on hard mode and...well, nuke spam 'em. :roll:

If he's that desperate.. :roll:

Eh, true. But does that matter? They're still "The Terrorists". :wink: