Sign in to follow this  
Acerz492

Something for the Star Wars fans.

hehe yes... :lol:

8) but don't say that i don't act differently...i am one of the most individual people i know...i just practice ambiguity on this site because i see argueing with you guys countless times to be pointless...but not always..

and matter-of-fact i took an ethics class...so shove it :P

Its mostly Fenring and BWare that are impossible to argue with. I think that the rest of the members of the site arent quite as dedicated to their points of view on any given topic. No granted there are exceptions, but we all need a nice clean health debate every now and then. :wink:

Its mostly Fenring and BWare that are impossible to argue with.

Impossible to argue with? Well maybe, but it's not impossible to debate with me or change my mind! If someone points out a logical contradiction or inconsistency in my thinking, I'm more than happy to reevaluate my stance. I am pretty ruthless in doing this to a lot of people, but I expect the same from you guys! I guess it's just how I think. Please don't hesitate to disagree with me if you have a good reason to do so... but don't expect me to cave too easily either :wink:

Its mostly Fenring and BWare that are impossible to argue with. I think that the rest of the members of the site arent quite as dedicated to their points of view on any given topic. No granted there are exceptions, but we all need a nice clean health debate every now and then. :wink:

I am stubburn. I will stand by something unless you got an official document flying in my face, I might just consider changing my mind. :)

yea im stubborn its my nature but if my logic tells me that you are right..then i cant deny it...look at my sigy...

If someone points out a logical contradiction or inconsistency in my thinking, I'm more than happy to reevaluate my stance

people have different logic..no?

and as a relativist would say (:lol:) "its all relative"!

"Enlightened stubbornness is an uncommon virtue"

-A great quote from a good friend of mine :lol:

But yes, it is true. Stubbornness gets a bad rap, but really it can be a great thing. It can be another name for strength :wink:

people have different logic..no?

and as a relativist would say (:lol:) "its all relative"!

:lol: Define copout. It's soooo much easier to claim relativism and just stop thinking about it.

"Relativism is the crutch of the weak-minded pseudo-intellectual."

-me, just now :lol:

heres my stance on relitivism

"So what I told you was true. From....a certain point of view."

Obi-Wan Kenobi

yea cyg lol...

relativism sounds and looks likea copout..so i guess it is..

but i believe it is a logical copout...i mean when you think about what we were talking about with individuality and logic and ethics and all that...without the idea of majority ruling...relativism to me sounds good...

but i think there has to be a line drawn because if relativism was the basis of human intellect and all that...then we would be nowhere...there are times where you have to make decisions and judgements, and then there are times where you cant..because its all relative...

just like with gay marriage...relative to Bush its wrong...but relative to gays...its not..........

yea cyg lol...

relativism sounds and looks likea copout..so i guess it is..

but i believe it is a logical copout...i mean when you think about what we were talking about with individuality and logic and ethics and all that...without the idea of majority ruling...relativism to me sounds good...

but i think there has to be a line drawn because if relativism was the basis of human intellect and all that...then we would be nowhere...there are times where you have to make decisions and judgements, and then there are times where you cant..because its all relative...

just like with gay marriage...relative to Bush its wrong...but relative to gays...its not..........

Interesting thinking dude. But I look at it a bit more concretely. I see reality- the way things are and should be- as a central, solid, absolute thing. We are all pivoting around on the outside, trying to figure it out. REALITY doesn't change, but our perception can. Good debate is trying to understand what that absolute right is... because people are not absolutely right :wink:

So in that way, reality, morals, etc are in fact absolute, but absolutISM is a problem because so much is relative to that absolute reality. Follow?

exactly...

I see reality- the way things are and should be- as a central, solid, absolute thing

the whole thing with relativism is when you said i see

perception is the basis

i remember one time when i was younger(now 19, maybe i was about 14-15) i was thinking...

what if everything I see and feel, and all the people i interract with and dont with, are all here for me?self-centerd but, what if this universe is just for oneself...a test maybe? you know i cant imagine being someone else, them feeling like i do and doing the things i do...

get it? like there are things in this world that cant be touched, but only imagined...has some to do with death...being either absolute nothing or something more...imagine absolute nothin...just your not seeing or thinking or feeling ANY MORE...at a split second.....could one fathom existence without oneself? we will never know..

sorta scattered and confusing...but i couldnt put it in words any better

I think i see what you are saying. (BTW your post count is 666 as of this moment :scared: :wink: )

Its very difficult ot really put ourselves in the mindset of another. I have often wondered to myself, "Who and what am I? A bunble of atoms with a spark of life? A thinking being? An abstract idea living out its fantasies in some dream?"

Anyone seen the Matrix? Theres relativity for ya... :wink:

some degree of relativity yea....

and what you said is ALOT like what i was saying...

then when you think about religion...it makes the topic more mysterious...as well as difficult :P

Anyone seen the Matrix? Theres relativity for ya... :wink:
Along with a lot of Biblical references and parallelisms (if that's a word)