Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

C&C3 - New Units & Structures

hey can anyone explain the difference between the forgotten and the scrin? i never really understood that.

The forgotten are civilians who were captured by Nod and used for Tiberium Experiements. Many were either released or escaped Nod concentration camps where they became outcasts scarred, deformed and forsaken by all others. Hence they got the name the forgotten.

The Scrin are the Evil Alien race which sent Tiberium to Earth. Although not much is known about them, their savage intent is clear. To invade, and occupy the Earth, then either colonise it and/or move on to the next planet which they have fired Tiberium Meteors at. There is a more in depth reason for their intent to invade. But that will be explained as C&C 3's storyline is revealed in game.

Something having to do with Kane, I would imagine....

Planet C&C has all the info you'll ever need on the games, aside from tha actual games themselves. "Expirience is the mother of all knowledge"-someone wise. So if you dont know, play the games and pay attention durring the cutscenes and missions.

ty king, that clears things up

whatever happened to Hassans' cronies? Did Nod engulf them or were they all killed?

Wasn't Umagon the one in the Scrin ship in TS or was that someone else? Isn't she part of the Forgotten?

Hassan and his people were either rounded up and killed or absorbed into Slavic's command, as were Vega's troops.

Umagon was part of the Forgotten, and she is the one that ambushes Commander McNeil while he explors the ship.

I say she was part of the Forgotten, because in FS we are shown video footage from a GDi containment center of her going mad, and rapidly mutating out of control into an animalistic mockery of her fomer self.

King-Im assuming since TW picks up from both endings, that Tratos is dead? So perhaps we will see a new Forgotten leader emerge (wouldnt it be something to see Slavic in that arena. "Punished" by Cabal/Kane) And also that Commander McNeil is dead as well?

So you're part of an outcast society created by Nod and the Tiberium poinsoning, in the middle of this decades old war between Nod and GDI. One day, an alien ship crashes onto the planet, and Nod is suddenly very veyr interested in it. Knowing Nod's history, the Forgotten just might want to know what they are doing in there. Then GDI notices and moves in as well. Deffinetly to the advantage of the Forgotten to have some "inside" knowloedge as well. Plus the Tiberium origins of the ship may have attracted the attation of the Forgotten as well.

One day, an alien ship crashes onto the planet, and Nod is suddenly very veyr interested in it.

Incorrect. The ship was "Aparently" built during the first Tiberium War. Vega stole it and crashed it. Now my theory on Kane being part of the Scrin holds substance, because why on Earth was a Scrin ship in a Nod hanger?

One of my extended theories is that Cabal and Banshee technology plus numerous other Nod Technologies such as the Tacitus was sent on that ship to Kane by the Scrin to help aid and speed up the process of spreading Tiberium around the world.

Now my newest theory is that in C&C 3, Kane has destroyed the Philidelphia for 1 reason only. He knew that the Scrin were entering the Solar system, and basically he is crapping himself over what the Scrin will think if GDI has not been erased and earth covered by Tiberium. He had to act!

But of course by the time they land their ships, they are not impressed, so they will destroy GDI and Kane's army and take the world for their own.

hmmm... i see

my idea of moon bases would be really cool if the Scrin are going to be buzzin around. plus GDI needs a substitute Philidelphia, and I'm sure Kane would want part of it to prove himself.

But where does that leave Slavic? Wouldn't he feel betrayed?

Er... Is what King said about the Scrin ship being built during the First Tiberium War related to the alien ship in Renegade? The one in the mission, "Tommorow's Technology, Today", something like that? Cuz I got in it by taking a red security card and using it to open the doors of the U.F.O., and there was a greenish glow in the ship, so can anyone explain? Is it the ship in TS, or just similar?

P.S. The shape is different.

its a different ship..way different..smaller..less complex...possibly personal ship

That ship in renegade is just a ****ty flying sacuer. I thought it was more of a piss take than anything else. ;)

According to King's theory of Kane being part of the Scrin, maybe that is the ship that Kane used to come to this planet.

No, Kane came a long way before...

Indeed but how long has it been sitting in that hanger? 30, 50, 100, 500 years or longer perhaps?

interesting...very interesting....i'd rather see that Kane was just a man that was picked by them to do given tasks...and given certain abilities since hes been alive so long....

if he turns out to be a scrin himself....boring...

anyways he cant really be a scrin himself since we saw his face messed up rite?

He could have been created by the scrin. Or hell, remember Renegade? Maybe the Scrin cloned the original Cain.

King - I know it was in a Nod Hangar, but as far as GDI, the Forgotten, and the vast majority of Nod is concerned, that ship crashed there from outerspace. But yes, Kane does mention that it was "constructed" at the end of the last Tiberium War.

But where does that leave Slavic? Wouldn't he feel betrayed?

FINALLY! some one sees where I've been coming from in a few other threads. I think Slavic will be highly suspicious of Kane's "return" and will feel betrayed by Kane/Cabal. And when the Scrin arrive, and quite possibly try to take out GDI and Kane/Cabal, Slavic and his Nod faction will break from the Kane/Cabal run faction and remain true to the original ideals of Nod, minus Kane's fanaticism. Perhaps the Scrin will see the Forgotten as the ideal force with which to Tiberiumize the planet. Hopefully we see some "mysterious" communications between the 2, and the 3rd side is actually yhe Forgotten, maybe with some additional technology supplied by thier new myesterious "friends" ?

It would be hard for the Forgotten to be the third side because they left off on a good note with GDI at the end of TS.

True, however, no one said that the third side would have to be against both Nod and GDI. And not all Forgotten are on friendly terms with GDI. In fact, I was thinking some of them may resent GDI for attempting to reverse and get rid of the Tiberium environment. While it may have been the cause of their mutations, it can now help them.

Maybe the third side is neither the Scrin or the Forgotten. Maybe Nod will be run by Slavic and Kane will make his own army with CABAL. They will recieve backup from the Scrin and CABAL will make a bunch of cyborgs like in FS.

Maybe, but from what I percive (and by no means is this cannon) Kane will come back to Nod with Cabal, and Slavic will be suspicious, and eventually break from Kane/Cabal. Kane/Cabal may try to go cyborg again, or stay human, not sure on that part, but perhaps the Scrin will come and realise that Kane/Cabal didnt do so great of a job wipping out GDI and making sure that the Earth is Tiberium ridden. Perhaps the Scrin know about the Forgotten, perhaps they dont.

Very possible, but here's what I think:

- Kane was digitalised into CABAL and cloned (maybe by the Scrin). He leads the Nod, until the Scrin arrive. When they arrive, he may be telling all of Nod to join them. Slavik won't obey and lead what is left of Nod himself. Kane/CABAL will be betrayed by the Scrin.

- McNeill may be mutated as well (all the time he spent with mutants, especially Umagon) and leads the Forgotten, together with ghost stalker (at least, I hope he will be back, he pwns :lol: )

And about the TS Scrin ship, wasn't that built by Kane, made with alien technology?

I doubt McNeil would leave GDI. He was their main general in TS. They will probably have programs to nullify the mutations by now anyway.

It could be that Kane and CABAL leave Nod, along with their cyborg army, and join the Scrin. That leaves Slavic in a position where he is loyal to the enemy(Kane), feels that he must defend Earth from the alien invaders(Scrin), and must hold true to Nod's vow to destroy GDI.

Although we are not told McNeil is probably dead guys. When the Kodiak was blown out of the sky by a freak Ion Storm he could of died in the Crash, nobody survived it!

If he is still alive he is likely to be a General by C&C 3, and we already know what happens to all the GDI Generals at the beginning.