Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

C&C3 - New Units & Structures

Except you, of course. O wait, your still a Commander, after 57 years of fighting for GDI :wink:

I think McNeil is dead. No one survived that crash, and if they had, GDI would have picked them up. If they werent picked up, they were killed in the Nod attack. (1st GDI mission, FS) I kinda like the idea of Slavic as the torn general of Nod. Torn between his allegiance to Nod and Kane's betrayal. I think he would rather stay with Nod after all these years of shiftyness with Kane, and especialyl after the last betrayal by Cabal.

Slavic is still my all time favorite C&C General, from all 3 universes.

Slavik > any other commander

Well there aren't many other commanders to compare with really...

McNeill, Seth, Solomon, Hassan, etc.

Practically all except Kane.

If McNeil is dead from the Kodiak crash, and Solomon is dead from the Philidelphia being destroyed, who will lead GDI? The guy from FS didn't look up to the job, and his wife was a scientist, she has her own problems.

His wife?....

right...

Besides, 17 years later, there are new Generals on the field, and I think as it is, YOU lead GDI.

King - will we ever find out why GDI lost contact with the Philledelphia for the durration of Firestorm?

Slavic > Cabal too. Managed the escape with no prior warning, had an imediate counterattack that was highly successful, until Cabal ran away, then wiped out Cabal's major source of income with minimal forces and no base (unless you captured one of Cabal's, like I did :twisted: ). Notice how GDI's effort to take out Cabal's cyborgs with viruses failed miserably.

Slavic deffinetly pwns all.

That should be ex-wife, crdgohan.

Eh, I'm of the opinion that Kane was genetically engineered by the Scrin & sent to Earth, not that he is a Scrin himself.

Don't forget, it has only been 17 years since TS, not a whole lot of time for new innovation. Hell today's militarys are still using tech from decades ago.

Also if GDI has the capabilities to construct that immense space station they definitely have the capability to dominate near-Earth space (vs Nod & any other humans that is. I think they stand no chance against the Scrin in space).

Perhaps dominate isn't the right word, but they have the ability to have multiple installations (drop-pod hangars anyone?) in orbit with several space transports for traveling from dirtside to space & back & from installation to installation. Take for example that craft in the GDI TS opening, that looked like a purely space-based vehicle with no ability for atmospheric entry to me. Also the Kodiak is space-capable.

King - will we ever find out why GDI lost contact with the Philledelphia for the durration of Firestorm?

It's another theory, but I'm betting that Cabal blocked all signals to and from the space station. It just seemed strange how as Cabal rose to power, then they lost contact, and once Cabal was destroyed at the end of the FS campaign, they re-established contact.

True....or are you leading us on again... :wink:

GDI did seem to have quite a few spacecraft in the begining of TS, and there had to have been more then just the Philly for drop ships and drop pods.

Also, do the drop ships bring troops and vehicles back up to the Philly? or does GDI build dirrectly from their?

My guess is that they build 'em there. Or at least for the drop pods they train the infantry there. How else do they get elite?

And what would look cool to me, is that you can design your own general, to fit your own tactics. The more missions you complete, the more abilities you can add to your units.

That would be cool. Might be kinda hard to do online though

Like that unique hero in Battle For Middle Eath 2? I think they'll impliment something like that because the engine is another enchanced SAGE engine...

That would be cool. Might be kinda hard to do online though

You'd only be able to play generals with the same experience points or something...

Or have a ranking system that planly says "so and so has this many gen points"

or perhaps have it similar to EAW, only with Generals. In skirmishes, you start off at lvl 1 and just prgress from there (like ZH) but for extened campaigns, you develop your unique general.

yea...

certain missions grant upgrades and certain missions (with most probably exceptional strategy) grant who knows what...

like i've said before, the possibilities for this game are limitless

esp since its CnC3...and every CnC has been genre defining...

my faith is reborn and hope reincarnated

:P

well... i havent seen this on this thread but i just watched the EA e3 trailer (whole thing) cos i was bored and when it came to the bit when they were telling you what games they were showcasing, at the C+C part(yea not C&C -.-) there were 3 aircraft: firehawk, orca and ANOTHER aircraft:

Hmmm.jpg

Speculate pplz! (if u havent already...)

I am 99% sure that is GDI's attack jet (can't remember the name).

well, the firehawk is on the far right, and its not an a-10 warthog.. so im not sure what it is :D

i think mines the mines can contain nano bots(for robots)

and a virus that kills the solider slowly and the only way to cure the solider

is by bringing with the groop a special unit that heals the soliders like in tiberian sun

another idea is a stucture thats for ghiant robots like an atom re-builder

that can tern enemy structures to trees but it takes 20 seconds for it to work

and to stop it you need an atom injeneere to stop its transformation

and last a normal injeneere that can turn enemy structures and robots to your property[/b]

Behold GDI's greatest and newest Weapon of the Arsenal!!

tartaruga.jpg

W00t!!! :lol:

Hey, its the MMIII! Except it's a turtle? lol

well... i havent seen this on this thread but i just watched the EA e3 trailer (whole thing) cos i was bored and when it came to the bit when they were telling you what games they were showcasing, at the C+C part(yea not C&C -.-) there were 3 aircraft: firehawk, orca and ANOTHER aircraft:

Hmmm.jpg

Speculate pplz! (if u havent already...)

Dont know what it is, but whats with the huge arse cockpit that sticks out like a sore thumb? Seriously.

lol i know, for that i thought it might be a paratrooper plane or some kind of drop pod cos it doesnt seem to have that much armament, or an a-10-III (the a-10-II is featured in C&C1)