Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

The Scrin

Wow. I thought that one up too. And everyone was saying 'oh noes, thay are invadering to live here'. As much as tiberium makes things mutate, what it primarily does is facilitate an accumulation of developed minerals while leaving everything native as little more than dust. Watch them pull out the ship from Spaceballs and vacuum up Earth. :P

At least EA now recognizes the aliens as the Scrin. We have had this forum topic for eons now talking about the Scrin, what they can do, and what theyre freakin name was going to be.

Wow we have come along way, and there is still more to come.

So I say lets keep this thing going, so lets answer and debate these questions:

* Can that mothership (check out the CNCNZ concepts for C&C3) hold the entire invasion force?

* Why cant the ion cannon blow it out of the sky?

* Do the scrin invade a certain place and call it home?

* What can the other units do? Like the Assimilator or the Corrupter?

* How do the Scrin re-seed Tiberium?

Well, in my opinion, I think that it is impossible for the mothership to hold inside the entire force of invasion, if we consider that the Earth is very well defended - in our case. Think about the portals they use instead of the warfactory or the barracks... obviously they need some reinforcements plus the actual force of invasion they got, so they call for them through the powerful resource of the portals. Is the same "local mass production of weapons" that is the main philosophy of the game.

The Corrupter... it looks like a huge firethrower tank, with the same basic power that the old tiberium troops from C&C - Covert Operation had. It can convert Tiberium in a lethal stream of plasma, as it appears when you look the rendered art about it.

About the Assimilator I have to admit that it is full of potential. What is well known is that it can act as the repair tank in Tiberium Sun, and can revive the Tripod. But... thinking on its name, I suppose that it have special powers, such like assimilate the enemy units, in some way - like the Avatar Mechs do. It can be possible...

Why the Ion Cannon doesn't annihilate the mothership? Uhm... that's a very good question!

Ok, I suppose that a HUGE mothership like that got a very powerful defense system... I think about a large shield field, that covers the entire surface of the ship. The Ion Cannon simply can't pierce through it...

There is another answer, though: the mothership is in a different position of the space, like if there is the Earth between it and the Ion cannon, so it can't be shoot down.

About the ability to re-seed Tiberium, from the Scrin, I suppose that they artificially altered a mineral already present in their home planet and transformed it in the Tiberium we all know, with capabilites of replicate itself and alter the molecular structure of the matter around. They create it, I suppose, to colonize and conquer planet. If you corrupt the planet you want to invade with this almost lethal substance, you have to do the lesser efforts to take it... and if you seed a planet with Tiberium in the right time, after some years you can find a BIG treasure: a Tiberium-like planet, which is waiting only you to be taken...

i agree...

maybe the tiberium is used to operate those portals, sorta like in dune..

re-seed as in infect another planet?..easy

but i think someone said it before, that the purpose of tiberium is to strip-mine planets for their resources..

Yes: probably someone said it before, because I'm new around here, and I never had the time to read those tons of topics, eh eh!

But its easy to guess that Tiberium - with the "new" information EA gave to us - was used with the purpose to transform entire planets in open mines. Is cheapy and self-regulated, but it needs long time... this if we still think about time in human terms. In the Scrin life time could be a bit different...