Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Discussion about the Remixed CNCNZ.com

If you haven't noticed I've given CNCNZ.com an updated look. Its different the past design, may take some getting used to but I've been working with it for many days now and I haven't once doubted that it works because in my eyes it does.

Anyway, feel free to talk about, tell me what you like and dislike.

I've already spotted errors all over the site, so I will be tweaking and fixing things over the coming days and getting the new style for the forums up and running as well.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! WHERE'S THE DARK COLORS??? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE SONIC???????????????????

i totaally oppose ur choice of style. how could u have the drop down menu thingy like in Empire-at-war.com???? E-A-W.coM was ok cause there werent many links, but i move my mouse over the cncnz drop down and its a huge scrolling link menu....AHHHHHH TOO LONG

its also scattered over the place... poll on the right and the rest on the left..and the 3 banners under webmaster logs are just....badly spaced....

the hot & not hot and stuff on the left side now? :x .....

again my reaction is "WTF wheres the classic favorite cncnz look!!!!! :x :evil:"

bring back the old CNCNZ style....i didnt know u were planning something as drastic as this!!! instead from going from black to green, u gone from black to white. (its supposed to be symbolic as in complete about-face...dont take it literally)

i considered the blue/purple as part of cncnz's identity. it made it unique and special and now it looks like sooo many other websites with whitish backgrounds.....BRING BACK THE BLUE!!!

I think you guys just fear change thats all :lol: If you think its dull how should I make it not "dull".

To me it still feels just like the old layout, only brighter.

You know 2 years ago when I released the old layout people said it was to dark, now the new one is to light..... can't please everyone I guess.

Guest Rabbit

Sorry man, but I have to agree with Beowulf here.

Honestly, I can't see what the problem is. It still needs some tweaking and tweaking it shall have.

Whats the big deal about dark looking sites anyway?

The drop down menu system is no bigger than the one on Empire-At-War.com, only the menu listing the forums is a big to big, again this will be fixed.

The new look is here to stay. Besides why do you guys care anyway, you just troll these forums, ignoring the main site :roll:

I'm trying to be different with this, every site in the C&C community suffers from what is called "clone site syndrome". Everyone does the same thing, every site looks the same.

Guest Rabbit
The new look is here to stay. Besides why do you guys care anyway, you just troll these forums, ignoring the main site

Now now, you wanted our input. It's always good to have input.

Done some tweaking. I"ve made the background darker. Removed the banner images under the Web Blogs.

Guest Rabbit

And now it looks beautiful :)

Only thing I don't like is the font. But part from that it looks funky. :P

it's cool enough for me, just get used to it, and its only the main page and the second(as far as i know) don't hate Sonic because he changes his own site with his own style :roll: ...............but I think that it needs to be darker :P

screenshot10.jpg

from the ra screenies section look at all the ships :twisted: if only they were mine and i had an ra2 cronosphere

I've made things darker since you all seem to like that :wink:

UPDATE: More tweaking, moved the left side bar back to the right.

I think there should be an option to change the style. That'd be cool.

It's not bad. The font used on the banners looks... odd. Especially on the Hot and Not banner. Looks like an invitation to a hippy dance party.

Overall: Good-ish

I preferred the left :P

The sidebar is better to the right, and although I was quite suprised by it at first, I love it!

Oh and since you're the only one with the back up at the moment and the software to edit the navigation bar, you might wanna sort the broken link to the positions page, you've spelt "Positions" as "postitions" thus creating a 404 error :wink:

Here I am up at 5AM still half a sleep and I've uploaded my Remixed-Remix changes I made just before WWE RAW started last night, anyway, new font for main logo, something not so strange. For the record this new font is called "Bonk" :lol:

header_text2.gif

The strange one was called Birds of Prey. Fixed the menu problem C&C King mentioned. Refresh your browser if you don't see these changes.

I hope the changes have made it more like the CNCNZ.com style you all want.

I'm going back to bed now..........

I've made things darker since you all seem to like that :wink:

I take it you read my comment? I feel so.. special. :)

The new layout is okay in general, but the last one was so awesome, it was just like nothing could you know, live up to that... Nothing can, so this is the closest thing to it. I ain't a big fan of bright colors, I've always liked dark, but I have to say, this looks pretty good for bright.

Since you will spend more reading the forums I will not overuse the grey when I upload the new style for the forums. The more I think about it the forums won't look to different. Whatever is Purple now will become Blue etc.....

Nice change on the little buttons in the reply thing.

All the problem is to me is I can barely read the text thanks to the greyness. -_-

All the problem is to me is I can barely read the text thanks to the greyness. -_-

Same here and the Ore Purifier image seems to be missing...

Same here and the Ore Purifier image seems to be missing...

yes, the image its miss

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Find the 7 mistakes before Sonic fix them and you´ll win awesome stuff from CNCNZ.com :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: