Sign in to follow this  
-NickoheaD-

Command & Conquer 3 Designer Diary at IGN

second, even thought some things that have been revealed about the game are ugly looking and disappointing...the FACT IS that it is still in early development...the environment and wildlife isn't well thought out and coordinated yet...

We know and that isn't the point Bware is arguing about. Tiberium isn't radioactive, and time can't change that. Its been 80 years, and tiberium wasn't radioactive then, and it shouldn't be radioactive now.

first, Bware you're being more defensive than you are accusing everyone else as being..

Well...... yeah. Of course I am. I'm defending the obvious attack that was made on anyone who doesn't happen to like what we've seen so far. IE, Sonic calling me an "EA hating bitch" for no apparent reason. Yes, a person should react defensively to something like that. What I'M talking about is him and the others who act like they have some kind of personal stake in this particular game. They take any criticism on it as a personal attack. It's insane.

I think it looks terrible so far :?

So sue me. I just don't like the ridiculous new look of the giant Tiberium, the total subversion of the Tiberium concept, or the whole helmetless, anime zone trooper look. Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt feelings :roll:

On a positive note, I'm blown away by the visuals of the updated SAGE engine, and for the most part really like the hardware we've seen. I'm very much looking forward to the Nod info.

Actually I didn't mean for that comment to be directed at you personally BWare, if that was the impression you got for that I apologise, I just quoted your post because you like so many others on these forums and other forums once again found something wrong the new pics that you didn't like and were quick state that without explaining why. I kind of reached limit of negative C&C3 feedback when I read your post.

There is just to many EA haters in this community, it makes me wonder why they are following the developement of C&C3 in the first place.

Unfortunatley, a trend I think we have seen developing for years, especially after the release of the so-'hate' Generals ( :roll: ) there are too many fans who would rather see EA screw up so they can bitch about it and go about uprising and such. Not enough people have faith that EA can do it. I for one am glad that Generals and ZH were the first on the sage, it means less bugs and more improvements for C&C3.

@ BWare - man I see where you're coming from, but Im still holding out on the fact that EA hasnt shown us yet. But I do support you against the helmetless anime troopers. Bleah.

Actually I didn't mean for that comment to be directed at you personally BWare, if that was the impression you got for that I apologise, I just quoted your post because you like so many others on these forums and other forums once again found something wrong the new pics that you didn't like and were quick state that without explaining why. I kind of reached limit of negative C&C3 feedback when I read your post.

Well, I did explain why- pretty clearly- but thanks, no offense taken. I explained that I don't like where I -think- they're taking the Tiberium concept. That's all. I don't hate EA; I'm a capitalist who happens to be fond of big companies. I'm just sharing my opinion, positive and negative, as a long time fan of the series. That's in line with the forum rules, right? :wink:

Unfortunatley, a trend I think we have seen developing for years, especially after the release of the so-'hate' Generals ( :roll: ) there are too many fans who would rather see EA screw up so they can bitch about it and go about uprising and such.

Absolutely. Really though, it's only the young kids and idiot adults who develop irrational hatreds over things like this though. I see it as a simple change in management, with some added danger for the franchise because EA is a large profit-driven company with far less concern for the integrity of the storyline. They won't be watching the details too closely, but that's why we're here :wink:

@ BWare - man I see where you're coming from, but Im still holding out on the fact that EA hasnt shown us yet.

Oh same here. I'm really praying that they pull it off well. I have to say though that some of these screens and that junk science from those eggheads at MIT has been pretty disconcerting :?

But I do support you against the helmetless anime troopers. Bleah.

Seriously. Remember how the Tiberium infested areas used to be handled? There was that one guy in C&C hosing down a tree with a flamethrower, wearing gas mask and yellow jumpsuit. It was a grim image of a world grappling with this new and unknown alien encroachment. It wasn't as cool, flashy, or marketable to nine year olds as these overblown, action figure zone troopers are, but it was a hell of a lot more realistic and added to the depth of the story. That's what drew me in, and that's what's keeping me a diehard fan. I just hate seeing something that profoud being given the lame forumula action movie treatment.

But again, we'll see what happens as new info is released....

TSBO-as King hinted and us only to assume, tiberium is evolving....so it may have become radioactive

bware-yea....i miss the grimness...although, this is in the more far,far-fetched future of a C&C world...so grimness may be different in that day...i think they will work on the helmetless guys

also, the designer's diary has a very interesting description about yellow zones...check it out...its what the designer's have in mind...hence designer's diary.....

the screenshots look interesting...if i am right the designer's diary talked about those pictures only being the borders of red zones......there goes my imagination

--if the border had towers of tiberium, imagine the innards...

But I do support you against the helmetless anime troopers. Bleah.

Seriously. Remember how the Tiberium infested areas used to be handled? There was that one guy in C&C hosing down a tree with a flamethrower, wearing gas mask and yellow jumpsuit. It was a grim image of a world grappling with this new and unknown alien encroachment. It wasn't as cool, flashy, or marketable to nine year olds as these overblown, action figure zone troopers are, but it was a hell of a lot more realistic and added to the depth of the story. That's what drew me in, and that's what's keeping me a diehard fan. I just hate seeing something that profoud being given the lame forumula action movie treatment.

That is very true, though I do believe that there were a few FMV's from Tiberian Sun that suffered from this action movie treatment :P. In terms of realism, Tiberian Dawn was the game that really excelled itself.

Seriously though, I can see where you're coming from. I just hope they tone down that Zone Trooper armour, reducing the size of the pauldrons and giving them some form of head protection. At least then they'd look more like an advanced form of the Wolverine. At the moment they look like something out of Unreal Tournament. :roll:

There is just to many EA haters in this community, it makes me wonder why they are following the developement of C&C3 in the first place.

EA dug themselves in a hole, Sonic. I'm sorry, but there are many valid reasons to hate EA. And I believe in some of them. For the most part I love EA. But I still hate the way they do business and don't support their games. Zero Hour was a fine example, there are tons of cheats out there now... Any patch in sight? Nope. BF2 has em still coming up the yazoo! Whats to say the same won't happen to C&C 3? From EA's track record, its scary.

Then look at TFD! RA2 crashes... TS crashes... 2 lousy patches that didn't fix those problems... I see no patch coming... Etc.

TSBO-as King hinted and us only to assume, tiberium is evolving....so it may have become radioactive

Haha! I just think EA is lazy and doesn't want to explain it because it would be to hard for them. So they just say "Yah, well... Tiberium has evolved into radioactive stuff". It never was, and if tiberium was going to evolve like that, it would of by TS. It didn't, so appearently Westwood didn't have plans to make it radioactive..

it does help to explain the ion storms though

Actually it doesnt at all :P

@ BWare - well I was about 8 when I got into C&C, so it must have been 'marketable like that' to some "kids" back in the day :wink:

Actually it doesnt at all :P

Not in the LEAST. But yes, in the C&C cutscenes there were noises from a geiger counter that indicated radiation, but whether Tiberiums is radioactive or not has never been a fundamental part of its nature.... until now apparently. :roll:

@ BWare - well I was about 8 when I got into C&C, so it must have been 'marketable like that' to some "kids" back in the day :wink:

Haha, well I of course meant the majority of kids- the idiots. The kids who got into the early C&C were clearly above average :P

Haha, well I of course meant the majority of kids- the idiots. The kids who got into the early C&C were clearly above average :P

w00t I'm clearly above average!

yes but as bware said there was proof of high alpha partical emisions quite probably linked tot he ion storms. While as far i know there was never any direct proof that this was from the tiberium itself it does make sense and is the logical connection

I still fail to see how Alpha particles would accelerate Ion Storm buildup. Insofar as we know, radiation doest dirrectly affect weather patterns, and I think (but could be wrong) that its effects on electricity/magnetism are minimal/nonexistent.

Alpha particles sound fancy, but to people with even a MEDIOCRE understanding of radiation, they're just really, really weak radiation waves. There's alpha, beta, and gamma. Gamma will kill you, beta won't bother you, and alpha are almost completely useless.

alpha particals are the ones that a geiger muller counter will detect the easiest as they are heavily ionising yet do not penetrate the skin far. As not much is know about tiberium itself high levels of alpha particles could possibly ionising gases that may also be a by-product of tiberium.

Alpha particles sound fancy, but to people with even a MEDIOCRE understanding of radiation, they're just really, really weak radiation waves

actually they are more dangerous than other types but have low penetration capabilities.

actually they are more dangerous than other types but have low penetration capabilities.

How so? They are large and potent, but are very slow moving. They can definitely ionize, but what's so dangerous about them? They can be stopped by a sheet of paper.

alpha particles that are swallowed or inhaled are far more dangerous. Put simply free radicles are produces in the body as a result of the ionisation from alpha particles. these free radicles then break down the DNA strands causing cell damage or mutations. Gamma on the other hand can do considerable damage as it does not need to be inhaled but will often pass straight through the body having little interaction with cells

yea i agree with bear

Oh.... thanks for the insight :lol:

Yeah bear, that is true, but alpha particles are rarely considered dangerous in real life.

It should be also be noted that mutations caused by radiation, in real life, amount to cancer. The End. None of this Spider man or The Hulk business.

Granted, C&C is a sci-fi world.....but still. :P

Haha, yes very true. Says something about the theory of evolution, doesn't it? :haha:

yea i agree with bear

Oh.... thanks for the insight :lol:

Yeah bear, that is true, but alpha particles are rarely considered dangerous in real life.

As with the normal gamma radiation that we receive is not condidered dangerous but depending on the dosage it can be