Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Platforms

What platform would you purchase C&C3 for?  

16 members have voted

1. 1.

• Consoles?! WTF, give me a break...
    • Both, I'm that much of a fan!
    • PS3
    • Xbox 360

Isnt the PS3 supposed to have keyboard and mouse attatchments? Or is that the Wii(d) ?

Well, the PS2 had both, but I think that the PS3 is going to give the idea more traction. That would be a huge step forward for strategy games on consoles!

Just as long as other games dont decide to do the same thing. The controler is a benefit for consoles not just a downside

I would limit the keyboard and mouse attatchments for RTS games. Cause in all respects, I think controllers are superior, EXCEPT for the RTS genre.

But I don't like the PS3. Just to expensive and the Wii looks awesome anyways.

Wii looks like a last-ditch, desperate gimmick to me. It's a novel concept, but I don't see much of a lifespan for it past a couple hours, frankly. Now PS3 I'm very optimistic about.

Err, sorry. I totally disagree. It isn't a "last ditch" effort, its called Nintendo. They love to be new and weird and its working. Nintendo stole E3, thats why Sony and Microsoft were behind the size cut too.

And whats so special about the PS3? Looks like a more expensive PS2. Not much better specs than the other consoles, WAY more pricer, and blu-ray. Wow, I can pay 50 to a 100 dollars a game! Yippie!

But I don't like the PS3. Just to expensive and the Wii looks awesome anyways.

You've never played the PS3, how can you say you dont like it?

Besides, anything I've ever owned that was made by Sony has yet to break. I've still got a working walkman. SO :P to all you anti-Sony people. You're as bad as the Anti-MS people and/or the anti-EA people.

1. I don't like expensive things. That means I don't like the PS3.

2. There is nothing new. K, more powerful, but same controller, same everything really.

3. Blu-ray. Its expensive and it ain't going to take off.

Other Sony stuff I like. Yup, still got my walkman too.

THe Blue ray wont take off....you know DVD and CDs had the same predictions, along with Mp3 players back in the day.....

Err, sorry. I totally disagree. It isn't a "last ditch" effort, its called Nintendo. They love to be new and weird and its working.

I'm not sure what else you'd call that bizarre thing that is the Wii, but I sure see it as a gimmick. Just because Nintendo LIKES gimmicks doesn't make the Wii any less gimmicky.

There's a major downside to gimmicks... and that's that the novelty wears off fast.

And whats so special about the PS3? Looks like a more expensive PS2. Not much better specs than the other consoles, WAY more pricer, and blu-ray. Wow, I can pay 50 to a 100 dollars a game! Yippie!

Yes it IS "way more pricier," but that's because its specs are mind blowing. They are, in fact, MUCH better specs than any other console on the market.

1. I don't like expensive things. That means I don't like the PS3.

Then why don't you go and play hoop-and-stick, and leave the fun "expensive" stuff to us? :wink:

You get what you pay for.

2. There is nothing new. K, more powerful, but same controller, same everything really.

That's because it WORKS. They don't have to desperately "reinvent" themselves like Nintendo. You do that when you're on the verge of extinction. Also, tell me what was so new about the 360? Not much frankly, but it's still a hell of a system.

3. Blu-ray. Its expensive and it ain't going to take off.

And you can say this with absolute certainty? Right now it's a coin toss between that and the HD DVD format. ONE of them will take off. They have to because the market demands it! It's the VHS/Betamax war all over again...

Ahhh.. I knew BWare would be helpful eventually.... :nod:;)

Ahhh.. I knew BWare would be helpful eventually.... :nod:;)

:wink:

Luk3us, that was a pretty astute observation there....

BWare...hopefully this time the better system will take off, as opposed to what happened with VHS vs Betamax..ya know what I'm saying? :wink:

Neither. Its just pure fact that all RTS games suck with a controller and once you do hook a mouse and keyboard up youre playing a fixed spec PC not a Console. The only console that will have the slightest chance of pulling off a decent RTS will be the Wii due to the far greater respose and aim thats needed RTS games thats provided by the wiimote. And what points at Nintendo being on the verge of extenction any?

Guest Rabbit

^ Somehow, that sounded political to me.

Hell, when it comes to PC though, you don't even really use the keyboard that much. I once didn't even notice that my keyboard fell off the table when I went to get a drink until I FINISHED playing C&C a few hours later.

i couldnt play without the keyboard, not a cnc anyway. If anything you need the squad keys

I always use the hotkeys when I can. Faster reponse times. :wink:

plus keying locations into the F-series is great for quick hopping between hotspots.

(H=con yard :wink: )

All right, this is turning into a console vs. PC discussion. Let's get it straight.

Consoles: Better than PCs in the fact that they don't need to be upgraded, but the problem is that you have to buy an ENTIRELY new one for some newly released games. Worse than PCs in the way that certain games are hard to play, and it's expensive to just save games on certain consoles, especially on the PS because of the Memory Sticks, and also, they're expensive because they can't be upgraded. Also, they can't easily support RTS games...

PCs: Better than consoles for the aforementioned facts, and worse for the aforementioned facts...

P.S. Shooters are best on the PC, since controls are easier and more responsive than those of the consoles.

There, settled. Both the PC and consoles have pros and cons, none is perfect.

but see, logic like that takes all the fun out of arguing for our favorites :wink:

I like shooters better on consoles. Althought that could be because I've never played one on my comp that hast lagged.....

yeah shooters are fun on consoles. I would never buy the medal of honour series on PC but i have many on console

I find it hard to play shooters on consoles, I just don't get it... My hands get so sweaty on a controller, but not on a mouse... And that's 1 hour of Medal Of Honor on the PS1 compared to 3 hours of pure DOTA action on a hot summer day...

Medal of Honor isnt that good...

My hands used to get sweaty on consoles, but once you learn to loosely grip the controller, they dont anymore. At least thats how it worked for me.

Well, I don't really know about me...