Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Platforms

What platform would you purchase C&C3 for?  

16 members have voted

1. 1.

• Consoles?! WTF, give me a break...
    • Both, I'm that much of a fan!
    • PS3
    • Xbox 360

Working on info provided by dippers over at cncworld...

It seems that C&C3 is set to be released on PC, Xbox360 and of course the soon to be almighty and all powerful, market leading, PS3...

So if C&C3 were to be released across these platforms, what platform would you go for. Since the vast majority of people here would go PC, the option for that in the poll shall not be available.

So vote and talk and such. ;)

haha in your dreams the PS3 will be all powerful... PS3 will fail.. but thats beside the point... I remember C&C on the consoles and how horrible it was... also there has been no official announcement to a port on consoles... the only system I would ever play C&C on besides a PC would be a DS...

I'll have to go with the family gaming tradition and say PS3.

Guest Rabbit

Knowing that I'm never going to set foot in a game store with intentions to buy those expensive pieces of crap, I gotta say, PC all teh way.

PCs aren't exactly cheap....

But many on the market are still cheaper than a PS3. In other news, I played BfME2 on the 360 the other week. I wish I didn`t! The PC version is rather good but playin it on the 360 was just crap!

C&C on the PSone was seemingly better ported. The controls on the 360 felt sluggish and unresponsive at times and the method of playing the game took more work than formulating a strategy.

PCs, mice and keyboards FTW anytime!

Red Alert Retailiation was a far superior game to its PC counterpart. Of course it came out like a year after the last exapansion pack but still it was good. :nod:

A straight port from PC to either PS3 or Xbox360 is gonna suck. Which is why, they need to add something special to those versions to make them worth while in my view. ;)

Besides PC games are cheaper than console games too... Well here at least. ;)

who says PC is expensive... newegg FTW... and I don't want to start a flame war but yeah, PS3 will lose sony billions, and it makes me smile...

Yes, because we enjoy it when large companies go down the drain and can no longer contribute to the global economy... :roll:

Platforms + RTS = fail. PC all the way. Of course this means I will have to do some serious upgrading... :D

Yes, because we enjoy it when large companies go down the drain and can no longer contribute to the global economy... :roll:

The Tall Poppy Syndrome

Besides, no one likes Sony anyway

Of course not, thats why they're so successful :roll: :wink:

They can still be sucessful if they arnt popular. Take microsoft for example. Alot of people dont like them because they make it hard for smaller companies to compete.

I personally love Sony. What on earth is so horrible about them, anyway?

If there's anything more annoying than a fanboy, it's a rabid anti-fanboy. :roll:

I like Sony too. I liked my PS2 but never played it so I sold it. But I don't like the PS3. Just to expensive and the Wii looks awesome anyways.

Guest Rabbit

I get my PC's cheap. My stepdad is friends with a guy who owns a computer store, and knows a LOT, and when I say a lot, I mean a ****LOAD, about gaming computers.

EDIT: Mods, Sh**load actually gets past the censors, so, uhh, yeah, you might wanna fix that...

But I don't like the PS3. Just to expensive and the Wii looks awesome anyways.

Wii looks like a last-ditch, desperate gimmick to me. It's a novel concept, but I don't see much of a lifespan for it past a couple hours, frankly. Now PS3 I'm very optimistic about.

But I don't like the PS3. Just to expensive and the Wii looks awesome anyways.

You've never played the PS3, how can you say you dont like it?

Besides, anything I've ever owned that was made by Sony has yet to break. I've still got a working walkman. SO :P to all you anti-Sony people. You're as bad as the Anti-MS people and/or the anti-EA people.

Besides, anything I've ever owned that was made by Sony has yet to break. I've still got a working walkman. SO :P to all you anti-Sony people. You're as bad as the Anti-MS people and/or the anti-EA people.

:clap:

:clap:

hmm wheres that movie where they drop weights on all 3 consoles to see which ones survive

Oh, God... We all know that consoles are ill-suited for strategy games... For me, I'll buy an Xbox 360 if they release Halo 3, and as for the PS3... Well, let's just not talk about it. The fact is, I've tried playing an RTS on a console (Red Alert: Retaliation on the PS1), and it really sucked... You can never truly control your units (or properly, for that matter), and I believe that the only console that can at least delive an average performance for and RTS is the old Dreamcast. I know, it's obsolete, but you gotta admit, it's keyboard and mouse add-ons will help you play RTS games better, and not only that, when it was still a new console, it rocked the console world. I mean, I even spent more time playing Quake 3 multiplayer on that console rather than my PC!

Isnt the PS3 supposed to have keyboard and mouse attatchments? Or is that the Wii(d) ?

Isnt the PS3 supposed to have keyboard and mouse attatchments? Or is that the Wii(d) ?

Well, the PS2 had both, but I think that the PS3 is going to give the idea more traction. That would be a huge step forward for strategy games on consoles!

Well, the PS2 had both, but I think that the PS3 is going to give the idea more traction. That would be a huge step forward for strategy games on consoles!

Just as long as other games dont decide to do the same thing. The controler is a benefit for consoles not just a downside

Oh, God... We all know that consoles are ill-suited for strategy games... For me, I'll buy an Xbox 360 if they release Halo 3, and as for the PS3... Well, let's just not talk about it. The fact is, I've tried playing an RTS on a console (Red Alert: Retaliation on the PS1), and it really sucked... You can never truly control your units (or properly, for that matter), and I believe that the only console that can at least delive an average performance for and RTS is the old Dreamcast. I know, it's obsolete, but you gotta admit, it's keyboard and mouse add-ons will help you play RTS games better, and not only that, when it was still a new console, it rocked the console world. I mean, I even spent more time playing Quake 3 multiplayer on that console rather than my PC!
well, I guess I'll wait to buy a 360 till it gets keyboard/mouse attachments and Halo 3 :wink: