Sign in to follow this  
F15pilotX

New Ranking System

Just an thought...it might be time to make a new ranking system seeing as alomst half of the regularly posting members are over 2500 posts , and more are coming close to it (such as TSBO) :wink: :)

Just reset everyone's post counts. That fixs the problem right there. :nod:

No plans to change the ranking system at this stage. The one we have in place now works fine.

most people have custom ranks anyway

yeah, I guess you're right...I just like a fresh look :)

I'm just making a list right now, for net time Sonic decides to change them :wink:

:P only 24 more posts to go, for you....too many for me :(

ZOMG!! I'm racing for posts...

:P

Guest Rabbit

I'm just waiting for the one day when Luk3us's post count goes so high that it causes a crash like on New Years in the new millenium.

A high post count wouldn't affect these forums in such a way. I've been to phpBB boards that would make some post counts look insignificant. I'm talking 55,067 posts at last count over a period of 2 years. Some of the guys there would rather live on those boards. Many are fast approaching 30,000! Sad people. :roll:

A high post count wouldn't affect these forums in such a way. I've been to phpBB boards that would make some post counts look insignificant. I'm talking 55,067 posts at last count over a period of 2 years. Some of the guys there would rather live on those boards. Many are fast approaching 30,000! Sad people. :roll:

I'd ban them every 3 months just to help them get a life...

or limit their ip address's time on the site for, say...1 hour a day, max

Guest Jamie T

then the forums would be totaly spammed :shock:

I'm not that bad :wink:

:P

well anyways, I'm just going to save my ideas in word till sonic feels it's time for a change :wink:

Aww... F15's only problem is bumping seemingly old topics at random occassions especially if he's disappeared for a bit. :P

Really...I see an interesting topic, BUT NO! it's a month old :shock: seriously, someone WILL DIE if I post in it :P

edit- ok, King, I'll try not to as much :wink:

We expect people to give in to human nature and actually be observant of the things around them. So when someone bumps a topic, it has to be for a damn good reason. It's understandable for new people to do it. But as rule of thumb, it doesn't happen very often.

So when someone like yourself does it. It suggests to us that you are not being very observant considering the level of participation you give. All in all, you should really know better.

i must admit i bump old topic's i am sorry i just bump them because no one answers the questions, but hay if i brings in a new convo all together that is when we need to do a new trend.

Guest Rabbit

Well, hey, there's some times when the reason it's not being posted in is because nobody else cares for it anymore, so, it's not good to bump it.

well i think if the topic is old and someone posts on it its stupid..its like continuing a conversation from hours ago...

ALTHOUGH, if a person posts on an old topic and their post has substance and quality, then it shouldn't be something to fuss about.....but to whom should the responsibility of judging that quality go to?

i must admit i bump old topic's i am sorry i just bump them because no one answers the questions, but hay if i brings in a new convo all together that is when we need to do a new trend.

I think you just wanted to admit that so you could have an excuse to bump this topic. :P:twisted: