Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CNCNZ.com Podcast #6 - C&C 3 Details Edition

Recommended Posts

Zee Hypnotist has uploaded our latest podcast. The C&C 3 Details Edition podcast is a recommended download because it contains all the unit and structure details for all three factions, plus everything else that Zee Hypnotist found out at the C&C 3 Community Summit last month.

 

dl_icon.gif Download Podcast - Number 6 (19.0 MB)

(Right Click and Save Link/Target as....)

 

Why read reports about the C&C 3 Community Summit when you listen to it. As far as I know CNCNZ.com is the only site offering you a podcast. Also, keep checking back because Zee Hypnotist has some other stuff he wants show everyone.

Share this post


Link to post

Protecting monuments...

 

*sigh*

 

Nice podcast though, I very much enjoyed listening to it.

Share this post


Link to post

Nice podcast :). I've posted a news about it and other community content related to the Community Summit at PPM.

Share this post


Link to post

nice

 

-gben

Share this post


Link to post

You know for a podcast containing lots of C&C3 info I thought it would have fueled some more discussion :worried:

Share this post


Link to post

Problem is though Sonic that most of the info the guys were given at the summit we as a community already knew about well before their NDA's expired. And anything else that hadn't been covered, was already given out by Gamespot and IGN before anyone really had a chance. It wasn't like last years BfME2 summit where we had info that was not publically released yet.

 

Plus we had images, video interviews, information on the War of the Ring mode, and much more that never made it out to the mags and net mag sites until 4-6 weeks after our NDA's expired. This year? Well to be perfectly honest, this year the information they were given was about as secretly exclusive to the community as the news in the national press!

 

So really while the guys may have got down detailed unit listings and a few other things, it's a little shallow in comparison to previous summits where the info has been plentiful.

Share this post


Link to post
You know for a podcast containing lots of C&C3 info I thought it would have fueled some more discussion :worried:

 

well personally I am waiting for a written unit description.. it's too hard to absorb the information from the podcast, as nice as it was to hear.

 

I would be interested in apparent/approximate unit costs, firepower/armour ratios as well... realising that the hands-on gameplay is early/beta stages.

 

How much does a nod avatar cost compared to a rocket soldier squad... how many squads does it take to kill an avatar?

etc infinitum.

 

-gben

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

I can't answer questions like that. They still need to balance it out, and I didn't even get a complete, finalized unit list. None of us did.

Share this post


Link to post
I can't answer questions like that. They still need to balance it out, and I didn't even get a complete, finalized unit list. None of us did.

 

I'm looking for hints, impressions, perspectives on what you saw...

 

-gben

Share this post


Link to post

Well I was kind of hoping that Hypnotist would add more info these pages:

 

http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/g_units.php

http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/n_units.php

http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/g_structures.php

http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/n_structures.php

 

Plus create the same pages for the Alien side.

 

Anyone else want to research all the data, cut out the little pics from the screen shots and compile into these pages? Let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

Ahh, my apologies Sonic, I saw the GDI side and thought that it was finished because of the text towards the top. I'll take care of the bottom as quickly as possible.

Share this post


Link to post

Our C&C 3 Units/Structures guide pages will never be completed until the game is released.

 

If anyone wants to check them out in their current form follow these links.

 

GDI Units: http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/g_units.php

GDI Structures: http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/g_structures.php

 

Nod Units: http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/n_units.php

Nod Structures: http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/n_structures.php

 

Alien Units: http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/a_units.php

Alien Structures: http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/a_structures.php

 

Civilian Tech: http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc3/c_structures.php

 

It took me 4 hours to clip out, clean up and sort all the images used. There are probably some mistakes, especially with Alien Faction. I have no idea which one was the Devourer Tank or Seeker Tank so I guessed. It will be easy to correct if the images are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post

These are great placeholders... and I can appreciate the amount of work that went into it.

 

Looking forward to details as they are added.

 

-gben

 

edit:- I guess for anyone who might be bothered, some of the videos do contain unit costs... for instance the alien disintegrators cost $300. takes 3sec to build, they are basic infantry, strong v vehicles & structures, and have the special ability of exploding when crushed.

 

They must be a good chance other gameplay videos will have some similiar unit info...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×