Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Fire some questions!

Got any questions you wish to fire my way concerning the final code version of the game, post em here. I'll do my best to answer them within certain restrictions of my NDA.

The music is a key issue for me. Is the music different, is there more of it? Or is just like the music in the demo?

Yeah when is the sequel to be released? :P

More seriously, does the replay function work properly in the final version? As its currently screwy in the demo. ;)

The music is a key issue for me. Is the music different, is there more of it? Or is just like the music in the demo?

It's not really that much different from the demo. In fact you hardly notice it because it's dull and boring. You'll only recognise 1 track, and that's from the Scrin Trailer. You'll possibly only recognise that track if you've played that trailer to death.

does the replay function work properly in the final version? As its currently screwy in the demo.

Yep it's solid, RTS as a sport plays a big part in it too. But my NDA restricts me from talking about any features and stuff. Which sucks cos it's a damn good feature! The demo version was from a late January/early feb build and alot of code was taken out. So that's why they suck in the demo.

That is very disappointing. One of the best parts of C&C was the music, and we get this? EA said they were going to do it just like Frank, but, I fail to see the resemblance. :no:

Other than a few poorly made textures even at the ultra level, the Music is really C&C 3's only weak point.... The next game, they really need to get the music right. Cos we all said at the summit how bad and lifeless it was.... even in the more upbeat battles where the music changes.

Well that's disappointing - I wonder how EA feel abot that after they were so damn sure everyone would love it

Well, seeing the rest of the game is great, I can't wait to get it :D

@that's why you have iTunes...just rip songs from your other cnc games and play them during cnc3 :P

Got any questions you wish to fire my way concerning the final code version of the game, post em here. I'll do my best to answer them within certain restrictions of my NDA.

Yeah, I got a question for ya.

How come you got KNOCKED THE F OUT so easily?

Man... I had HOPES for you. I cried myself to sleep that night, King. You know I did.

Guest Jamie T

are there movie with scrin units who talk?

Did you see any Visceroids, mutants, that sort of thing?

Does tiberium spread differently in different zones? In a red zone, if you let it sit, will the whole map be taken over by tiberium?

Yeah, I got a question for ya.

How come you got KNOCKED THE F OUT so easily?

Man... I had HOPES for you. I cried myself to sleep that night, King. You know I did.

HAHAHA, It was AGM dude! How was I supposed to contend with that! At least I came 4th, can't say I did badly. I did better than you though.. :wink:

are there movie with scrin units who talk?

That would be telling. Nah, in all honesty EA still wanna keep them under wraps pretty much. We really didn't have enough time to go all the way through Single player to get to the Scrin Campaign. But you do get spoken to at least we saw that as much.

Do GDI and NOD have to decode scin essages?

My NDA prevents me from disclosing plot lines and spoilers right now. And to be honest I'd rather keep the whole Scrin Vs Humans invasion plot for you guys to find out. Cos the story is pretty cool and I will not disclose such things even after the NDA on that expires. Sorry dude.

Did you see any Visceroids, mutants, that sort of thing?

I saw a few mutants. They kinda look like a cross between the incredible hulk and zombies, except slim and menacing. Never got to recruit the guys though from a hovel. With the exception of Tiberium spikes, defensive towers and the odd EMP centre, the other structures are extremely rare in popping up.

As for Visceroids. They've evolved like Tiberium. To my knowledge, you can't put 200 squads in a Tiberium field and expect them to mutate. I may be wrong, but the Scrin Corrupter is the only unit or structure in the game that can actually mutate humans to Visceroids.

The visceroid is now a brown and slightly pink tripod. Their apperence is nothing like those of a Westwood Visceroid. They are not visceral in physical appearence so they don't look like inside out blobs of oranic matter. But they are more of a pain in the ass than ever, and attack more ferociously than before. I think if you can get used to the new look, you should warm to them.

Does tiberium spread differently in different zones? In a red zone, if you let it sit, will the whole map be taken over by tiberium?

Tiberium from my observations does not spread differently in different zones. It spreads, but not heavily. Fields are harvested so quickly anyway that a spread is never noticable. You can let a field sit for a while, but there is only a max radius it will spread. If you want bigger fields quicker, then Nod or the Scrin are your best bet since they have the power to increase the growth rate.

Wow, that kind of dashed my hopes. Like I've said before, I loved just letting the tiberium spread when the AI would just stall. I guess none of that then... Sigh....

And no mutating in the visceroid without Scrin? :| I am not amused.

Who was this AGM guy?

HAHAHA, It was AGM dude! How was I supposed to contend with that! At least I came 4th, can't say I did badly. I did better than you though.. :wink:

No excuses! I had a bad case of ZE GERMANS!!11!!11!!!heil!1!!!

For your incompetence... I shall now be forced to LURK MOAR IN TEH FORUMS.

If there's a question you can't answer, I might be able to fill in the gaps, but only by your authority. This forum is your casa, amigo. Not mine.

No excuses! I had a bad case of ZE GERMANS!!11!!11!!!heil!1!!!

I'm not making excuses dude. I had a bad case of the germans too, and even beat the guy you lost against. He was easy.... you made him sound better than he actually was! And he was just goddamn awful! I thought I was gonna have a fight on my hands after you hyped him up to be an uber player... :haha::P

No, they're a totally neutral and Hostile unit that work on their own accord. They'll attack anything that comes near them without asking questions. Nothing like in TS where they'd just randomly attack.

If there's a question you can't answer, I might be able to fill in the gaps, but only by your authority. This forum is your casa, amigo. Not mine.

No worries there Steppo, just jump in and post away :thumbsup:

Ok a question which you probably don't know, because it relates to MP...

But do you have any idea about what options can be set before the game???

-gben

What totally awesome swag did you get?

Well if you really wana know, I got a Nivida 9600 GTX, Logitech G15 keyboard, Logitech G5 mouse and one of those B2142 flash drives with all that C&C 3 concept art on-board.

But do you have any idea about what options can be set before the game???

We were playing LAN multiplayer, and the options on that were Pretty much everything you already can see in the Demo skirmish screen. There are a few more options like being a Spectator or a Commentator as well, and I believe there are one or two more as well. Steppo will correct me here if I'm wrong on anything here.

I got a Nivida 9600 GTX

7900GTO, as well as a free copy of C&C 3 via EA Link.

Oh yeah. Severe typo on my part. That's cos at the time I was discussing video cards with a friend who has a Radeon 9600 :P

the X also sounded better :wink: