Sign in to follow this  
JahSpoR

Halo Wars?

Halo Wars is an RTS.

ET:QW is a first person shooter

Now your personal standpoint will depend on 2 things. Which genre you prefer the most, and what your view is on the rise and fall of the C&C: ZH TC Halogen.

While i certainly disagreed with the halogen issue, i don't think it should be a good reason to dislike Halo Wars. I will save that judgment for its release

Do you like Halo? Cause if you don't, obviously you won't like Halo Wars, I must be the only person on the planet who doesn't like Halo that much, I don't hate it, I just don't like it, kinda boring...

I only saw Halo, but i never saw what the fuss is about.

So im not really interested in HW either.

I hate Halo :no: 1. because I suck at it

and 2. because YOU MOVE SO DAMN SLOW

play a few games of Renegade or APB then go try and play Halo it sucks

While I'm a Halo fan (if your Xbox/Xbox 360 owner you probably are) I'm not really interested in Halo Wars.

Not necessarily failure material, they just aren't as good as their PC. :)

I heard there were plans for Halo Wars to be released on PC

I'd buy it anyway. It's an RTS afterall :wink:

I'll wait for more footage and reviews (and a PC version+demo) before I would consider buying it.

It always will depend... Some ports are still excellent games, I mean, Halo 2 on Vista rocked my world as much as Halo 2 did on the Xbox... So, if you're asking if I'd get Halo Wars, definitely.

While I'm a Halo fan (if your Xbox/Xbox 360 owner you probably are) I'm not really interested in Halo Wars.

I'm fan, although I don't have an XBOX nor the PC version. So I'm at least curious about it.

I don't know anything about it really, so it depends on the gameplay elements I guess. Based on the FPS, it's bound to have a cool music track at least... unlike a certain other RTS I could think of.

-gben

Youd buy it solely because its an RTS? Really?!

I've bought pretty much most of the RTS games to ever hit the shelves. I don't stick with 1 franchise that often... bar C&C and any Petroglyph games now.

I even bought Maelstrom this year... which was a huge mistake. That's probably the worst RTS of 2007. Poor gameplay, voice acting, buggy as hell, and exceptionally boring. It's proof that you shouldn't mix a third person shooter elements with an RTS. Because like last year's Rise & Fall: Civilisations at War, it just doesn't work.

For all you waiting for a PC version. This is from the offical site. It's is an X-box360 Exculsive!

Halo Wars was created for the Xbox 360 from the ground up, which meant we didn't have to make compromises or shoe-horn in artifacts from a Windows PC game. We were able to take all the best aspects of RTS games, make them work perfectly on the Xbox 360, and exclude the rest.

Who said its exclusive?

It only means that first they program the Xbox version, doesnt it?

Not that i would care.

Btw, saracen, i think Empire Earth 3 is even worse :lol:

well Empire Earth 2 was sooo boring..

Even the first Age of Empires was more attracting..