Sign in to follow this  
Guest PTG0222

GAME DETECTED MISMATCH, LOST SYNCHRO... HELP!!!!

LOL i have a 2800+ AMD 512mb DDRAM ATI Radeon 9800 256mb

nothing compared to some of your guys comps and my games work FINE

the other PC's on the network are all alittle bit over the specs of mine but it still works fine

i use a 100mb/s Ethernet through a HP networking hub, the only time i've had a mismatch was when an ethernet cable got damaged...

Gens and ZH work FINE

Guest SAGE

Well I have a 2.5 gig athalon with a radeon 9600 pro 128. 2 gigs of ddr ram at 400 bus, 8 meg cable connection on a linksys router. I am connected to my roomates system wich is even better and we get the stupis mismatch error as well. We have played without getting it, but 90% of the time we get it and it is always when we are moving in for the kill. I have configured my router according to EA specs and have ensured all firewalls are disabled on both systems. Still get it.

Internet connection speeds are too different. It means that the game locks up because it can't connect between the (number here) players properly. I bet if someone has the same connections they can play without crashing.

Just an idea.

Danish MAAN!

Weel it could look like a problem EA cant fix, it is the same in Battle for middle earth, and it sux. 4 guys who bought the game but cant play it :( The slowest comp is an 2,6 ghz P4!

In BFME it just say it before we started the game, not after 15 minutes!

Internet connection speeds are too different. It means that the game locks up because it can't connect between the (number here) players properly. I bet if someone has the same connections they can play without crashing.

Just an idea.

That's not a problem - a person on DSL can play a person on Dial-Up no problem. But if you want to play more than 1 on 1 everyone needs DSL I believe.

The problem lies not in computers but in the constrictive sensativity of the files as they are loaded and unloaded from memory. When the program lags, and it will when played over LAN or Internet, As the game increases in the amount of data being swapped the chace of a Mismatch increases. The mismatch error is caused by the Memory information being different then the physical data on the drive. Basically when they made the game they did not put enough data integrity checking into the data stream when playing across a network of any kind. Chalk it up to bad programming. To fix it they would have to impliment a fix that would be a complete rebuild of the network code for the game. Conclusion.. they got cheap and didn't do it right. How to fix it? play small maps with few people, or if your really old school load it all into a RAM drive and run it all active in memory. ECC ram may alieviate the problem as well.

Phhff.. this game drives me crazy.

I always play online with a friend, doing 2 to 6 hards at a time.

But sinds a week or 2 we get the MISMATCH thing in 90%+ of the games.

Before this there was really no problem.

And beleave me.. the hardware is no isseu.

We didn't change anything in the software of hardware...

At this time we just say we don't play it anymore after 1 attempt because "It will mismatch again".

And we use nog loser cheats or something, just the original software with the patches.

They want us to pay for the game... not donwload it illigal, and then they don't fix this??

fok them!

I have a 1.83Ghz AMD Athlon 2500+ with 640MB DDR Ram, 160GB HD, NVidia GForce4 64MB GC...

My other buddies have comps as much as twice as fast as mine. It all worked great on LAN. Then I downloaded the "Reloaded" mod. it didn't work. now I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Generals and Zero hour rpograms, and when i go to log in to a LAN game, it gives me the error message and won't even let me in the room? WTF do i do/

Airborne Pharoah, Out.

I have a 1.83Ghz AMD Athlon 2500+ with 640MB DDR Ram, 160GB HD, NVidia GForce4 64MB GC...

My other buddies have comps as much as twice as fast as mine. It all worked great on LAN. Then I downloaded the "Reloaded" mod. it didn't work. now I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Generals and Zero hour rpograms, and when i go to log in to a LAN game, it gives me the error message and won't even let me in the room? WTF do i do/

Airborne Pharoah, Out.

you say u cant log on to lan game? is it say something likr "your game has mismatch blablabla diferent version blabla bla"my friend when connect to my PC also got this error, and we not use any mod, maybe this just bad programming, try reinstall the game. and for the missmastch error when play with a lot of player and big map, i think this because sometime C&C GEN ZH got long loading (like a hang or lag) when we playing multiplayer. and if the loading too long, and or 2 or more PC loading (lag) simultaneously the game will missmacth, to resolve this problem you can do one of these:

1. use small map and a few players (AI players also counted)

2. use hi speed HDD, or HDD with RAID. and use that HDD as your pagefile (virtualmemory)

3. use a lot of RAM, 1024MB i recommended and set the windows to not use virtualmemory. so the game data will always placed on RAM.

my spec:

AMD AthlonXP 2000+ (1.6GHz) OCed to 2100+ (1.7GHz)

256MB ram

1024MB virtualram

60GB HDD

Radeon 9000PRO 64MB OCed to 302/302

and i play with an crossover LAN, usually play 2human (my frien and i) and 4 AI. and the game never missmatch, exept when i launch 6nukes in one time. the game lag and missmatch...

vector.co.nr +like play C&C since 1st c&C+ harvester make money :lol:

I have a brand new 3.0 GIG processor and another with a 2.4 Gig and both get the same message after ten minutes of play, whether it's on the internet or my 100 base T ethernet Lan in house. It's a communication/ethernet issue Obviously. It seems like when theres a really busy screen (lots of building tanks troops) is when it gives the lost sync message.

People in this forum keep bringing up being able to get in a game. It's NOTHING to do with starting a game, it happens after a good ten minutes of playing the game over a LAN/WAN.

am new to this forum so ill say a quick hello :D !!!

i play this game a lot 3 to 5 hour a day most days, but now i find 90% for the games mismatchs and is always happens when we are winning. I dont think it the game i think People are cheating! :evil: IT SUCKS.

EA needs to fix this and soon!

PS if thir is a fix can som1 post it plz

thank you!

nik

Make a new topic instead of bumping completely old ones is a tip for you, newbie. :P

:)

I'll let him off here, not because he's new either.

Since this is the tech support forum and he's got a mismatch problem, it's a perfectly acceptable reason to bump this topic. I wouldn't accept it anywhere else though.

So anyway, has this topic solved your problem?

Why make new topic when am having the same problem, but if it a issue ill make a new one!

@ c&C King, no its not solved the problem lol

Hi. Ive Read the whole topic tryed everything. Nothing worked. Then i started thinking and found a solution that acaualy worked. Me and my friend Turned off the firewall [Windows Firewall] and we use the CD to start the game[Orginal Disk/CD]. The game dont need the Disk/CD to run it only need it to start :) . We have used Hamachi and CrossCable and both worked. My computer specs :

Manufacturer: ME

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2250 @ 3.73GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Hard Drive: 315 GB Total

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2600 XT

Monitor: LCD

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output

Speakers/Headphones: Headset with mic

Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue

Mouse Surface: Razer eXactMat Controll+Speed in one

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050928-1517)

[PS this is a Laptop o.O xD] ive paid 45000 norwegian money for it xD

Guest Rabbit

Thanks for the input. :)

Zero Hour online is generally buggy on its own, and I prefer Hamachi of EA's servers anyday.

Also the problem of EA releasing a 1.08 patch for the original Generals like years later :roll:

When i go to play online the game crashes, be happy you can play online.